Peter King wants Fox or Zimmer in Buffalo, with Weis as Fox's OC

Thurman#1

John Fox is a mediocre coach. With 3 winning seasons in 8 years, no thank you. It sucks that this is probably the type of coach this organization can get. All the other teams end up with the top coaches in the game, we end up with the Fox's and Jaurons of the league!

I would rather have Dungy than Fox. Just say no to John Fox!

you are an idiot!

"id rahter have dungy.." um yea so would almost every other team in teh game moron. Fox is an above average coach with a horrible offensive line. he likes to run the ball. his o line got completely ransacked in FA the past 3 years... he knows how to build good teams..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe somebody can educate me but was Weis that big a factor in NE or was it the personnel? I think I could have won there with all of the offensive weapons they have had in the 2000s.

like jabar gaffney, Troy brown, Sammie Morris, antwoine smith, some guy named crittendon

moss and welker for the last few years, but that wasn't with weiss

you are an idiot!

"id rahter have dungy.." um yea so would almost every other team in teh game moron. Fox is an above average coach with a horrible offensive line. he likes to run the ball. his o line got completely ransacked in FA the past 3 years... he knows how to build good teams..

What's with the name calling? Are you 10 years old? It's my OPINION, don't like it, don't read it! Leave the name calling for your preteen friends in school.

Like I said before, if you think 3 winning seasons in 8 years is above average, than your not as bright as you think you are.

BTW, before you call someone an idiot, you should probably learn how to spell.

We won't pick high enough to land Clausen, but the Fox/Zimmer and Weis combo would definitely have me dreaming about Buffalo turning it around again.

couldnt disagree more this unfortunately is not the year for teams in need of a franchise QB. their simply is not one in this draft.

if we draft any of these QB's available this year with our first pick it would be a colossal mistake. you simply dont take a player that high based on need its always been that way and is a reciepe for disaster.

if the bills get the right coach or GM i guarantee you we will not draft a QB in the first round!

+1 - short memories around here. Doesn't anyone recall that Jauron actually out-coached Fox earlier this season? Why would you want someone who can be outcoached by the guy you just ran out of here?

The only other guy Buffalo coaches have outcoached this year was Haley last week by Fewell.

Fox made all sorts of really questionable decisions in that Bills game, and I haven't watched that much other Carolina football this year, but the results seem to indicate he's not much better in the other games either.

Jauron also out-coached Shanhan in his second-to-last game with the Broncos, which quite probably led to his firing in Denver. (If the Broncos win that home game, they wrap up the division and Shanahan is likely back in 2009.)

Why? Feels like the ND experience was pretty unsatisfactory for both player and coach.

not from a offensive perspective

and clausen will get picked before the Bills even have a chance to get him - espcially with jake locker staying in college - which leave Bradford for the Bills...

John Fox is a mediocre coach. With 3 winning seasons in 8 years, no thank you. It sucks that this is probably the type of coach this organization can get. All the other teams end up with the top coaches in the game, we end up with the Fox's and Jaurons of the league!

I would rather have Dungy than Fox. Just say no to John Fox!

What is there to like about Fox? Last year he has the number one run game in the NFL and decides to get pass happy in the playoffs for some crazy reason and the Panthers lose in the first round. He then signs Jake Delhomme to an extension after he has 2 consecutive horrible years. The fans in Carolina want Jake out of town yesterday. He continues to keep him as the starter which is driving people nuts. Good thing he is hurt right now so at least the other bum "Moore" can give the fans someone else to boo. John Fox would not be a good choice.

I have to read 1 more "While me and my homie Bill Belicheck were eating crumpets and blowing each other, we had a laugh at every other team in the NFL". type sentence I was gonna lose it.

There is none of what you put in there in the articles. All that about blowing is your wet dream. Considering the other part of the post we know the rest.

Can't say as I'd mind having someone from Darth Parcells' coaching tree installed here as HC.

I can't stand Petey King though. He can keep his pinched-nose whiny stuttering voice the hell out of here AFAIC along with his adoration of all things Parcells/Billacheat/Brady/Cheaters.

Weis would be great fun in Buffalo. He could double as Santa or Frosty in the Christmas parade.

You are a complete tool! I find humor in your approach to engaging the board. Go sit down with mom and eat dinner. I'm going to tell dad you are on the computer again, we know it you!

What's with the name calling? Are you 10 years old? It's my OPINION, don't like it, don't read it! Leave the name calling for your preteen friends in school.

Like I said before, if you think 3 winning seasons in 8 years is above average, than your not as bright as you think you are.

BTW, before you call someone an idiot, you should probably learn how to spell.

I have nothing to add to this exchange, other than the fact that I got a good chuckle out of someone accusing some else of being 10 years old...and that person has a Spongebob avatar :rolleyes:

There is none of what you put in there in the articles. All that about blowing is your wet dream. Considering the other part of the post we know the rest.

hahaha your a funny guy. Make me laugh. Tell me does being unable to understand hyperbole,does that actually physically pain you?Cuz it should. Do you feel a funny pain in your head when you read? If you do dont sweat it thats just your arrophied common sense gene trying to come to life. Its not a biggie you seem to be going through life just fine without it. Anyhow bottom line you sir are a !@#$ing moron. Welcome to my ignore list. Mr 12,000+ plus posts of nothing.

Why? Feels like the ND experience was pretty unsatisfactory for both player and coach.

Notre Dame was fine. They raised academic standards, that's why they can't go 12-0, which is fine by me.

Weis will be fine when gets back to the NFL.

Just wondering - lots of folks here are concentrating on Fox...but what about Zimmer? What are his pros and cons? He has a ton of NFL experience - getting his start at the end of the Bills Super Bowl run. He ran a "speedy 4-3" defense, per Wikipedia, and also has experience running 3-4 defenses. A big plus is that he's worked under Parcells. Obviously his defenses haven't been ranked #1 for 15 straight years, but it seems like he must be pretty good. The big con, of course, is that he is a defensive guy and this offense has been a wreck for a decade and he may not be the guy needed to develop a new QB or young offensive line. Is this a guy Russ/Ralph should be heavily considering?

Just wondering - lots of folks here are concentrating on Fox...but what about Zimmer? What are his pros and cons? He has a ton of NFL experience - getting his start at the end of the Bills Super Bowl run. He ran a "speedy 4-3" defense, per Wikipedia, and also has experience running 3-4 defenses. A big plus is that he's worked under Parcells. Obviously his defenses haven't been ranked #1 for 15 straight years, but it seems like he must be pretty good. The big con, of course, is that he is a defensive guy and this offense has been a wreck for a decade and he may not be the guy needed to develop a new QB or young offensive line. Is this a guy Russ/Ralph should be heavily considering?

I started reading up on him. Very interesting that Parcells brought him in to run his 3-4 without any prior experience running one.

His defensive tackles are smaller than ours, but he makes up for it by having significantly larger linebackers (his son is also the LB coach in New Orleans and may be a candidate to be brought in as DC). His defense also benefits from having two shutdown, former first-round CBs, something I think we have, too, when McKelvin is healthy. But overall, it looks like he could be the best guy to immediately improve our woeful run D - the Bengals are 3rd in the league - while still enabling us to use our draft on offense.

I think it would be a good hire, depending on who he brings in to run the offense.

Of course if Perry Fewell gets his Bills to beat the Patriots then I go back to hoping the Bills take a serious look at retaining him.

I would love to retain Fewell, especially if goes 2 out f 3 in the remainder of the season. He is fiery and gets the most of his team. But there are three Major problems with that hire

1. Currently, the Bills have a VERY VERY BAD Front office and has not made good Personnel decisions. If Fewell were o be retained, then we will not have a genuine GM, but some Markteting paper pusher like Russ will continue to run football operations. That in my opinion has been the major road block for this team over the last several years.

2. The Defensive scheme that Fewell runs, is just not suited for this city and the division they play. We really need to cut our ties with Tampa 2 of having CBs 10 yards away from contact all the time or those tweeny DTs that cannot stop the run.

3. Finally the Key to the offense has to go to some one with enough experience or a guy with some better ideas. We need a bonafide OC...The quesiton is will a Jim Fassel or coordinators with experience come here to run an offense.

And finally, if he retains Ryan Fitzpatrick as his QB going into next season, then that iwill just spell doom.