Draft needs...

Can't argue with these two picks out of the gate.

I threw 'em into our simulator and finished the draft for you:

10 Buffalo *Rolondo McClain ILB Alabama

42 Buffalo Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

73 Buffalo *Nate Solder OT Colorado

105 Buffalo Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

137 Buffalo Mike Neal DT43 Purdue

169 Buffalo *Thaddeus Gibson OLB43 Ohio State

201 Buffalo Jammie Kirlew DE43 Indiana

Why would we draft a QB in the 2nd and 4th round? :thumbsup:

1 qb

2 ot

3 dt

4 de

5 ot

I think with Brohm in the stable QB drops down to round 3 at the earliest or even 4 unless someone slips big time to us. Move Maybin to LB, throw in Nic Harris in there and our LB core looks young and promising for next year...if they do that then that shores up another need in the early rounds. So I would go...

1 OT/DE (Best player of the two available)

2 DE/OT (Whatever we dont go in rd one)

3 OL/DL/QB (Only QB if someone promising slips to us)

4 LB/QB

5 Best player available in the D front 7 or OL

1. Rolando McClain / MLB / Alabama - The guy is a monster LB that could play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 and dominate. We missed out on Willis by one pick a couple of years ago and I hope that's not the case with this guy. IMO, he is that good.

2. Tony Pike / QB / Cincy - If he performs well against Florida I hope he lasts until the 2nd. Hopefully.

After that, I have no idea really. I just hope those are the first two we get.

In total agreement with McLain, I like the Pike pick in the second which means OT, DT, G, DE, OLB with the emaining picks. Hope we will be able to attain a FA OT, maybe Gaither from the Ravens and a guard as well.

I am shocked that so many people do not believe that qb is the bills greatest need. The qb position is by far the most important position in team sports, and a good one can make an average unit look good. Look at how Aaron Rodgers makes the Green Bay offense look good despite playing behind one of the worst lines in the league. Look at how much better the bills line looked when Flutie replaced Rob Johnson. How many wrs has Bret Favre made look good throughout his career. It is possible that a franchise qb many not be availble when the bills draft, but if a possible franchise qb is available they need to take qb over all other options. I'm sorry, but a mlb or a dt will not turn the bills around by themselves. The risk involved in taking a qb is worth the possible reward. I just hope the bills are in a position to get one, unlike when the bills had to settle on Lee Evans after failing to trade up to get big ben.

To follow up my last post and respond to the threads question, the bills should take the best big man available if they are unable to get a qb. You can find good lbs later in the draft, but the first round is made for play makers and talented big men. I don't care if they end up with a lt, rt, dt, or end. The bills need to build on the lines if a qb is not there.

I am shocked that so many people do not believe that qb is the bills greatest need. The qb position is by far the most important position in team sports, and a good one can make an average unit look good. Look at how Aaron Rodgers makes the Green Bay offense look good despite playing behind one of the worst lines in the league. Look at how much better the bills line looked when Flutie replaced Rob Johnson. How many wrs has Bret Favre made look good throughout his career. It is possible that a franchise qb many not be availble when the bills draft, but if a possible franchise qb is available they need to take qb over all other options. I'm sorry, but a mlb or a dt will not turn the bills around by themselves. The risk involved in taking a qb is worth the possible reward. I just hope the bills are in a position to get one, unlike when the bills had to settle on Lee Evans after failing to trade up to get big ben.

Understand the Bills need great players and a QB should be drafted in the top two or three rounds.

- Aaron Rodgers sat behind Farve for years and he is playing great now. Can the Bills afford to wait on a 3 year project.

Why not get the best free agent QB out there and get a Tony Pike in the 2nd.

- Flutie made the OL look better because of his experience, something a good FA could do.

- We have the worst run defense in the league. When you have a Rolando McLain available who is said to be the best mlb

since Ray Lewis, you go get him..period.

- I am amazed how people can get enamored with the college QB hype each year.....You draft for the sure thing and

none of the QB's in this draft are that won't be taken in the first 5 picks. I agree that a good QB is worth the gamble but

this team has many needs not just QB.

To follow up my last post and respond to the threads question, the bills should take the best big man available if they are unable to get a qb. You can find good lbs later in the draft, but the first round is made for play makers and talented big men. I don't care if they end up with a lt, rt, dt, or end. The bills need to build on the lines if a qb is not there.

Love it baby! Big mean men with nasty streaks. Incognito is a start on the Oline. As long as the boy minds his business after the whistle most of the time... Got to get mean and nasty. Hated watching the Jets of all teams push the Bills around like punks on the school yard on that Thursday night. QB if its a great bet, big men that can crush people and fatigue the opposition and make them hurt. :thumbsup:

1. Rolando McClain / MLB / Alabama - The guy is a monster LB that could play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 and dominate. We missed out on Willis by one pick a couple of years ago and I hope that's not the case with this guy. IMO, he is that good.

2. Tony Pike / QB / Cincy - If he performs well against Florida I hope he lasts until the 2nd. Hopefully.

After that, I have no idea really. I just hope those are the first two we get.

I would be very happy with those 2 picks! Love Rolondo McClain!

Understand the Bills need great players and a QB should be drafted in the top two or three rounds.

- Aaron Rodgers sat behind Farve for years and he is playing great now. Can the Bills afford to wait on a 3 year project.

Why not get the best free agent QB out there and get a Tony Pike in the 2nd.

- Flutie made the OL look better because of his experience, something a good FA could do.

- We have the worst run defense in the league. When you have a Rolando McLain available who is said to be the best mlb

since Ray Lewis, you go get him..period.

- I am amazed how people can get enamored with the college QB hype each year.....You draft for the sure thing and

none of the QB's in this draft are that won't be taken in the first 5 picks. I agree that a good QB is worth the gamble but

this team has many needs not just QB.

Pike in round 2 is fine, as long as there is no qb the front office likes better in round 1. Whoever the bills feel is the best qb prospect they need to get. Many of the better qbs are good by their 2nd year, which isn't that long to wait, and many rookies could have played better than this years bills qbs. There are exceptions of course, Brees and Rodgers both took more than 2 years. We will have to see if Pike goes in round 2. I think he is just as likely to go in rounds 1 or 4. A lot will change between now and April.

obviously its a tough question. the bills need a qb in the worst kind of way. you almost always draft a franchise qb...but if one is not there i think we need to take mclain. if we dont take a qb with the first pick then we dont take one until very late.