Losman

major

Like I said, I just think Losman sucks & he always will suck. I could care less if my qb bought a house in the city or cleaned up the fruit belt once in his life, I want him to win games. Losman was one of the biggest busts in Bill's draft history, which is saying something consdidering our past. I would list the biggest draft busts like this(& please keep in mind that I am 36 & really did not start getting into the bills until 1983.

1. Mike Williams - this has got to be the pick considering he was the 4th pick in the draft

2.) Tom Cousineau(sp?) - before my time but from what I understand got drafted by the bills, did not want to play for them, played in Canada & then joined the browns.

3.) Tony Hunter - I believe was drafted before Kelly in the same year/round. Never amounted to much.

4.) JP Losman - It is not so much where we drafted him it is what we gave up for him. Had a career 11-25 record, I have seen him make more stupid plays then I care to remember

5.) Erik Flowers/John Mcgargo

I am probably missing some guys, but that is my list for the biggest draft busts in bills history.

right, so that's valid reason to not like him as a player. and thats fine.

but to address the question of "why do we still like the guy?", i think it's because he meant well as a person, and since most of us can remove ourselves from the "game", its not a bad thing to hope he is successful elsewhere. especially considering the other type of people we have had on the team that hate having to be in Buffalo, and act as if they are above getting to know the area and the people and the good parts.

i dont like him as a player on the Bills, but my impression of him over the 4 years he was in Buffalo is a good one, and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. whatever that means coming from some guy on the internet who will probably never meet him.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, so that's valid reason to not like him as a player. and thats fine.

but to address the question of "why do we still like the guy?", i think it's because he meant well as a person, and since most of us can remove ourselves from the "game", its not a bad thing to hope he is successful elsewhere. especially considering the other type of people we have had on the team that hate having to be in Buffalo, and act as if they are above getting to know the area and the people and the good parts.

i dont like him as a player on the Bills, but my impression of him over the 4 years he was in Buffalo is a good one, and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. whatever that means coming from some guy on the internet who will probably never meet him.

Fair enough. I really would not hold out too much hope though for him to be successful on the football field. This guy is just a bad QB, no matter which you way you look at it.

How do you know this?

He may have just lacked the ability, not necessarily the work ethic.

You are completely off base on most of your points here. Yes, JP's glaring weakness was indeed that he could not process the play happening around him. This is the reason he did not succeed in Buffalo as the kid had all of the physical tools you could want...

I would be curious what makes you say "he was never a student of the game?" and "He never wholed himself up in the film room.".... considering that his QB coach Sam Wyche (widely considered a great QB coach) publicly praised JP's work ethic and time spent studying film. I'm paraphrasing but I recall Wyche stating that JP had one of the best work ethics he had ever seen...I think he would know a little better than you....

well said on both posts...some people just have a personal bias against the guy and make up stories that have no basis in fact to defend their position.