Driving Pet Peeves - Mine Deals With Changing Lanes

Steely Dan

On one interstate in my area there was a 3-4 mile backup because here were GOATS on the embankment. They were using them (Goats 'R Us- a real company) to eat the weeds. Idiots had to slow down to view them.

In almost the same place, there was a murder on the off ramp that went to a rural road- the only people who get off there are the dozen or so who live on that road. There was no blockage at all on the the interstate,but the lookey-loos backed up traffic at least 10 miles. It took me over three hours to go the 30 mies home.

These same mouth breathers have to slow down to read the over head message boards.

Awwww, c'mon. Deys cwute wittle goatie woaties! ;)

This is true...

I was frustrated beyond belief today behind a car that had its turn signal on (turning right) on a road that allowed turning right on red. What does this F@$% do??? sits and waits for the light to turn green before they turn right...

I once sat behind a guy who was so far back he wasn't over the metal detector on the road. So we sat there waiting for a light that would never trip. After getting tired of hoping somebody would come the other way I had to pull around this Deerball and stop on the metal detector in order for the light to change. The guy honked at me. :rolleyes: Frickin Dumbass!!

I never let my wife drive when we are in the car together. Drives me nuts!! Here's one, when she talks she takes her foot off the gas. We'll be on the Thruway and she'll go from 60 to 40 when she is talking. Then I butt in just so we can get back to the speed limit

Can't suggest anything either as she tells me in 35 years of driving, not a ticket or accident

Do me a favor. Tell her I'd like to know how many she's caused. ;)

What about that woman who died on the 90 about a week ago. Hits a deer and then stops right in the left lane, not even going to the shoulder. Sits in her car until a semi demolished her and her car

Darwin, paging Mr. Darwin.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about that woman who died on the 90 about a week ago. Hits a deer and then stops right in the left lane, not even going to the shoulder. Sits in her car until a semi demolished her and her car

Reminds me of a couple years ago. I'm on I-87 heading north, just crossed over the Tappen Zee Bridge. In the southbound lanes I can see a car stopped in the middle lane with it's flashers on. People are having to stomp on their brakes and jump into the other lanes to keep from hitting them. The highway there goes up a hill so I can still see them in my sideview mirror as I go past. Before I crest over the hill, I can see cars spinning, so I know at least one person finally hit them.

Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read the whole story. Thanks