weight loss

mead107

what about gaining...i am 5'9, 150, it wouldnt hurt to put on about 10 lbs, but i cant no matter what i try...

125180[/snapback]

Dont listen to these folks, your fine. At 5'9 you're at the right weight for your age.

Trust me, you'll fill out when you get a little older. Right now, just keep doing what your doing, have !@#$ing fun. Go Get some. :D

Saturday night Ramius, 7:30 PM, where will YOU be? :D

go Noles :D

Ramius, I would take the next week and make sure I was getting 1G of protein per lb of bodyweight. Week two 1.25, week 3 1.5, week 4 1.75 then weeks 5 through 12 2 Grams of protein per day per lb of Body weight. You will have to adjust weekly due to gains.

I would actually make sure I am getting a post carb drink that has at least 60 grams of carbs after workouts.

If you don't mind me helping I can put quality weight on a toothpick  :D

125614[/snapback]

i was told by numerous personal trainers that more than 1gram per pound of protein per day can lead to kidney problems and that is with an active lifestyle

i was told by numerous personal trainers that more than 1gram per pound of protein per day can lead to kidney problems and that is with an active lifestyle

125697[/snapback]

this is true. Excess protein strains your kidneys. Also your kidneys cannot assimilate more then 40 grams protein at a time. Be careful with overdoing protein

i lost 10 lbs by going to spinning classes at least twice a week and not eating any white bread (bagels, pizza, etc) ...

in barely 2 months! :D

288 lbs checkin in here.  Fuggin gained 25 lbs since Memorial Day.    Me likey going out to eat!   

Awfully tough to start trying to shed lbs days before Thanksgiving.

125673[/snapback]

you fat fck.

OK...I'm in too.  5' 9", 200 lbs.  Just started running again today.  Would like to drop 20.

And yeah...this is a REALLY tough week to start trying to lose weight.

Good luck all!

125716[/snapback]

Duey, Are you competing in anything? If not then yeah maybe drop about 15 or so. If not then I would do a drop then regain.

Dont listen to these folks, your fine. At 5'9 you're at the right weight for your age.

Trust me, you'll fill out when you get a little older. Right now, just keep doing what your doing, have !@#$ing fun. Go Get some. :w00t:

Saturday night Ramius, 7:30 PM, where will YOU be? :lol:

go Noles :blink:

125646[/snapback]

tonite at 730 i will be in section 3, row 3...now wait a minute...why am i on the computer...because i am stuck at work for another 1/2 hour until i can go tailgate...

Here is what I say to those that say this and that about protein...You will not grow unless you are getting 1.5 to 2x your BW in protein each day.

I have a friend (300lbs) that gets...500 Grams per day in the offseason. Let me say this again 500G. He gets regular testings on everything and his kidney's are fine.

The key is enough water. 1 gallon per day minimum. that is NOT including water in protein drinks. Does NOT include water consumed during workouts. Does NOT include water taken in during cardio. THAT is the key. Don't SAY you get enough, buy a empty gallon jug and fill it up. Make sure it is empty before you go to bed. Wake up and do it again.

As for the body not being able to process more than 40g at a time that is crap as well. 500G / 7 meals, you do the math. I myself have taken in 300G per day last offseason and had ZERO issues.

Go ask any real athlete how much protein they get. Any body builder. I guarantee it is a huge amount and they are fine.