Whitner at it again!

Estelle Getty

can we lump Maybin in on this thread, got burned on that one screen. He did blow up that one screen play but was about an inch away from a facemask penalty. He should not be allowed to celebrate like he got a safety in the 4th quarter of the superbowl whenever he is close to a play either.

At least the guy plays with some emotion....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donte's NOT a bust. From day one many of us have been saying that he was picked too early, but that's not his fault. He's a slightly better than average safety who will never be Polamalu, Sanders or Ed Reed. That doesn't make him a bust.

And Stroud didn't question Poz's ability. He only said that he'd pick OL or MLB. He may have meant that he thought Poz would be a terrific OLB, or he may even just have meant that he really likes McClain.

Donte is a bust. Sorry, but he's a backup. I do think there is a great chance he gets cut in the offseason. Not traded. Cut. He's JAG.

It was an all out bitz. Whitner was playing very deep because he was the only guy back there. He was the last line of defense against a PASS! The RB wasn't supposed to be able to blow through an 8 man front with one quick move. And no, no other SS in the league makes that play 10/10 times. Give me a friggin break.

This has nothing to do with what I think about Whitner as a player over-all, so most of your post is superfluous. It has to do with what happened on that one play.

You should take your head off of Dontes chest long enough to get it checked. Because the fat slob was expecting a pass intstead of a run he should have let a 2nd string running back blow by him? I think if that was a valid excuse this whole board could be playing in the NFL.

Give it up Donte fat boy Whitner is getting outplayed by a former wide reciever turned safety, a rookie, and a journeyman. Yet hes not a bust for an 8th overall pick?

You should take your head off of Dontes chest long enough to get it checked. Because the fat slob was expecting a pass intstead of a run he should have let a 2nd string running back blow by him? I think if that was a valid excuse this whole board could be playing in the NFL.

Give it up Donte fat boy Whitner is getting outplayed by a former wide reciever turned safety, a rookie, and a journeyman. Yet hes not a bust for an 8th overall pick?

His defenders are remaining defiant in hopes that he'll fade into oblivion before they have to admit they were wrong. There aren't any points for being right or wrong here, just call it like it is, learn from mistakes and become a better educated fan.

The fact that you're referring to one of the fastest most explosive players on the planet as a 2nd string RB tells us a lot more about you than it does about Whitner.

The fact that you're referring to one of the fastest most explosive players on the planet as a 2nd string RB tells us a lot more about you than it does about Whitner.

Tough crowd on this board. Turn on each other faster than a snowball melts in hell.

Byrd is a ball hawk and it is refreshing to watch him work. I hope he keeps it up. He'll have a great career.

I understand the comments made about Poz and Whitner not achieving the high expectations commensurate with the position where they were drafted. I'm just not comfortable with them taking all the blame for it. This team is down. When they win, it is because they play a team that is comatose, or looking ahead to their next game (Dolphins). They are not confident. They play hard at times and coast at other times. That doesn't excuse them, but they can play better and they will under a different regime (if it's a better qualified one). I feel they deserve a pass until they succeed or fail with better coaching.

I was thinking it was the 12 year old name calling that hurt him the most.

Took a horrible angle on Charles 76 yd td run. Ran right past him as he was was standing right in front of charles. Go Donte! Watch the replay, that is why you have safetys on the field.....last line of defense. Whitners fat ass got smoked.

couldnt disagree more. fuell took the blame for makeing a terrible full blitz call to balme whitner is ridiculous