Ok back to football, Draft BPA?

ICE

I for one would like to NOT look to the draft to fix this team. I would rather address OL, CB and OLB (Posey sucks) via free agency. I would then like to go back to drafting BPA Again.

Look we are a couple of starters away from possibly making a turnaround IF MM Has his stevestojan together. We need more pure talent on this team. that means backups or even guys drafted that can unseat a vet sometime soon. I honestly think this is a thing that we are lacking.

Moulds. Yes I trade him. it has been said the entire offense is dead without him. If that is the case...Clean house across a board and get a new offense. NO WR should make that big of a difference. I know some will point to the Vikings troubles with Moss out. To me that is bad coaching. They should have been better prepared. It is my opinion that guys like Moss are weapons you use, not horses you ride. I hope that makes sense.

Moulds is obviously tired. He is a vet and over 30. He knows the clock is ticking. He also knows it will take a season or so for JP to fully get ready. I can't blame him for wanting out. Do the right thing for him and the Bills....trade him. I say Seattle is the perfect fit. They to me, would pony up a 1st and 3rd no problem for him. It helps them, and it helps us.

I trade henry for a 2nd and 3rd or maybe 2nd and 4th. We then have a first, and two 2nds.

Now if we meet NEEDS via FA then we are in a an awsome position to better the overall talent of this team. I don't care if the top guy available is a SS...TAKE HIM. Play ST's, give Milloy a rest. Bottom line it helps us NOW and in the future.

Thoughts?

I can't believe what I'm saying... But, I agree with ICE. This would make sense. Moulds is probably our best chance to recover our #1 and his usefulness on this team, considering his age and our rebuilding status with JP, is coming to an end. He is a high value player that will pull top trade dollar in the off season.

But, we will still need to get a couple stud FA in here to address some of the weaknesses on both offense and defense.

Design the offense next year around JP, Willis and Evans. Bring in a solid #2 possession type receiver and add a couple FA on OL, CB or safety and you have a much better team than this year. Our D is solid, and our offense cannot get much worse. It's worth the shake-up IMO.

I for one would like to NOT look to the draft to fix this team.  I would rather address OL, CB and OLB (Posey sucks) via free agency. I would then like to go back to drafting BPA Again.

Look we are a couple of starters away from possibly making a turnaround IF MM Has his stevestojan together.  We need more pure talent on this team. that means backups or even guys drafted that can unseat a vet sometime soon.  I honestly think this is a thing that we are lacking.

Moulds. Yes I trade him.  it has been said the entire offense is dead without him. If that is the case...Clean house across a board and get a new offense. NO WR should make that big of a difference. I know some will point to the Vikings troubles with Moss out. To me that is bad coaching. They should have been better prepared.  It is my opinion that guys like Moss are weapons you use, not horses you ride.  I hope that makes sense.

Moulds is obviously tired. He is a vet and over 30. He knows the clock is ticking. He also knows it will take a season or so for JP to fully get ready. I can't blame him for wanting out. Do the right thing for him and the Bills....trade him.  I say Seattle is the perfect fit. They to me, would pony up a 1st and 3rd no problem for him. It helps them, and it helps us.

I trade henry for a 2nd and 3rd or maybe 2nd and 4th.  We then have a first, and two 2nds.

Now if we meet NEEDS via FA then we are in a an awsome position to better the overall talent of this team. I don't care if the top guy available is a SS...TAKE HIM. Play ST's, give Milloy a rest. Bottom line it helps us NOW and in the future.

Thoughts?

124766[/snapback]

I think I'm hungry.

I also think that this team needs less talent, and more workmanlike players who'll humbly put out a full-game effort. The best part of this season so far has been seeing Henry benched and McGahee starting - simply because I was absolutely sick of seeing Henry whiff on blocks, and much prefer seeing blitzes actually picked up with McGahee in the backfield. Guys on this team willing to do their jobs on every down in every quarter of a game seem the exception rather than the rule. This team, frankly, doesn't need more Bruce Smiths, it needs more Phil Hansens.

I think I'm hungry.

I also think that this team needs less talent, and more workmanlike players who'll humbly put out a full-game effort.  The best part of this season so far has been seeing Henry benched and McGahee starting - simply because I was absolutely sick of seeing Henry whiff on blocks, and much prefer seeing blitzes actually picked up with McGahee in the backfield.  Guys on this team willing to do their jobs on every down in every quarter of a game seem the exception rather than the rule.  This team, frankly, doesn't need more Bruce Smiths, it needs more Phil Hansens.

124821[/snapback]

That is the best post ever DC Tom. I agree with you. It seems everyone telling these players that they have the talent has ruined them. I think this was a large part as to why Carolina was so successful last season, they were a scrappy football team with little talent, this year aside from the injuries, they seem to have gotten full of themselves.

I think I'm hungry.

I also think that this team needs less talent, and more workmanlike players who'll humbly put out a full-game effort.  The best part of this season so far has been seeing Henry benched and McGahee starting - simply because I was absolutely sick of seeing Henry whiff on blocks, and much prefer seeing blitzes actually picked up with McGahee in the backfield.  Guys on this team willing to do their jobs on every down in every quarter of a game seem the exception rather than the rule.  This team, frankly, doesn't need more Bruce Smiths, it needs more Phil Hansens.

124821[/snapback]

Good points.

That is the best post ever DC Tom. I agree with you. It seems everyone telling these players that they have  the talent has ruined them. I think this was a large part as to why Carolina was so successful last season, they were a scrappy football team with little talent, this year aside from the injuries, they seem to have gotten full of themselves.

124832[/snapback]

Well now cajun you need to wait on that. Carolina has the best DL in football. so that is something to build on right there. They had a good OL and a great back with a very good backup. A former 1x probowl WR in Muhamed and a new probowler type in Smith.

We also need to make more of a splash in the mid-later rounds of the NFL draft....we need to find a couple "diamonds in the rough"..because we cannot be expected to just find the quality talent via FA and top picks...there just isnt enough cap space.

Thus the pressure is on TD to deliver.

Good points.

124835[/snapback]

Even "I'm hungry"? :o

Every time I hear someone talking about "We need more talent", I flash back to one of Shula's last Dolphin teams in the Bills' Superbowl runs...the one that had something like 26 former first-round picks on it...and managed an extremely mediocre record. The moral being: "talent" doesn't win football games, playing football wins football games. I'll take the Damien Covingtons of the world over the Jeff Poseys...

Even "I'm hungry"?  :o

Every time I hear someone talking about "We need more talent", I flash back to one of Shula's last Dolphin teams in the Bills' Superbowl runs...the one that had something like 26 former first-round picks on it...and managed an extremely mediocre record.  The moral being: "talent" doesn't win football games, playing football wins football games.  I'll take the Damien Covingtons of the world over the Jeff Poseys...

124853[/snapback]

God Posey sucks so bad he should have 'hoover' on his nameplate.

I for one would like to NOT look to the draft to fix this team. I would rather address OL, CB and OLB (Posey sucks) via free agency. I would then like to go back to drafting BPA Again.

1) I would rather address Teflon Tom first. The rest will fall into place.

2) Posey? Who is he? Does he play for the Bills?

Couple points:

(1) "This team, frankly, doesn't need more Bruce Smiths, it needs more Phil Hansens." I could not agree more. I have said it before on this board...and I will say it again, next to Jim Kelly, Phil Hansen was the greatest Bill ever. Period. End of story. I never, and I repeat never, saw Phil take one play off in his entire career. That's what a farm boy from North Dakota brought to the NFL - a tireless work ethic. And not once did I EVER hear him complain about coaching, ownership, referees, etc.

(2) Who is going to trade for Eric Moulds? Short of the Bills restructuring his contract, I am not sure that any team is going to pull the trigger on a trade where they will have to pick up a 9 million dollar salary/year for the next couple years. Someone set me straight on how this would play out.

(3) I have asked myself many times this year how this team would be different if Billy Volek had signed with us. Would he have been inserted into the lineup as the starter? Would Drew already be on the bench? Note that if Volek had signed, we probably would not have pulled the trade with Dallas...as such, we would have had an extra pick in last year's draft as well as a potential high pick in this year's draft.

Comments?

Guest Guest_Tortured Soul_*

(1) "This team, frankly, doesn't need more Bruce Smiths, it needs more Phil Hansens." I could not agree more. I have said it before on this board...and I will say it again, next to Jim Kelly, Phil Hansen was the greatest Bill ever. Period. End of story. I never, and I repeat never, saw Phil take one play off in his entire career. That's what a farm boy from North Dakota brought to the NFL - a tireless work ethic. And not once did I EVER hear him complain about coaching, ownership, referees, etc.

This sounds right, but isn't that what was said about all three of Schobel, Denney, and Kelsay coming out of college? They haven't exactly been runaway successes. At best, we're one for three so far. Priority 1 in the offseason is to dump Donahoe and give Scott Pioli whatever he wants to come here and run the franchise. He can get us late round value.