Kelly to coach Notre Dame

todzilla

Wrong.

The talent on this year's ND squad was ridiculous. Far superior to UC. The problems started with, and ended with, coaching.

The Defense was pretty bad, I'l admit that im a ND fan myself. I hope they can turn the program around quickly.

ND on saturdays and Bills on Sundays. :rolleyes:

The Defense was pretty bad, I'l admit that im a ND fan myself. I hope they can turn the program around quickly.

ND on saturdays and Bills on Sundays. :rolleyes:

The defense was terrible. But there was talent there...it just wasn't coached properly. Players were soft, didn't tackle, didn't stay home, etc. Mainly a function of coaching.

Now Cincinnati's defense was just as atrocious. However, the bigger issue there was lack of talent. Not only did UC recruit at a lower level, they had lost 10 starters from last year.

And I'm with ya...its been a rough stretch to be a Bills/ND guy. <_<

At least I have the Mets to keep my spirits up.

:rolleyes:

Hey it keeps you grounded. Instead of spending all summer building up a false high over how "this" will be the year that ND and Buffalo doesn't kick us in the nuts, you at least have something to keep you miserable until labor day.

Summer misery is always a good warm-up for fall misery.

The defense was terrible. But there was talent there...it just wasn't coached properly. Players were soft, didn't tackle, didn't stay home, etc. Mainly a function of coaching.

Now Cincinnati's defense was just as atrocious. However, the bigger issue there was lack of talent. Not only did UC recruit at a lower level, they had lost 10 starters from last year.

And I'm with ya...its been a rough stretch to be a Bills/ND guy. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, they were clearly very talented.

If they were "top recruits", how is it that they came to ND with none of these basic skills?

Otherwise, they were clearly very talented.

If they were "top recruits", how is it that they came to ND with none of these basic skills?

Unless you are a scout, there is really no way to evaluate High School "talent" without using the rankings "professionals' assign them. If you think UC and ND were recruiting talent of the same "grade" then I don't know what to tell you.

Further, if you think high school players can't be made better or fail to live up to their potential due to the quality of coaching they receive, then I don't know what to tell you either.

Notre Dame's defense had athletes. Strong, fast, big, etc. They just didn't do things fundamentally well, they weren't put into schemes to succeed and they were soft. Saying that an Kelly-coached Notre Dame would get destroyed by a Kelly-coached UC is ridiculous.

I don't blame the guy for taking the job (though I think it is a coach killer). It's just a shame that the nature of college football forces the decision to be made now and not when the bowl season is over.

Agree completely. NCAA needs to enact a rule like the NFL that prohibits teams from talking with other coaches under contract until after January 1.

Agree completely. NCAA needs to enact a rule like the NFL that prohibits teams from talking with other coaches under contract until after January 1.

+1... It just goes to show the NCAA is a joke and doesn't give a crap about the "student athlete".......if they did they wouldn't allow this stuff to occur every year. They view these kids as a means to making billions. Glad to see the Cincy players showing there displeasure over his bailing.......

Theres something to be said about not burning bridges......dude should of stayed through the bowl game. Shows he doesn't have much respect for his current players that gave their all for him and put him in a position to be considered for a "better job". The recruiting issue is negligible....... yeah maybe ND commit's are gonna change their mind but you don't think kelly is going to reach out to every kid he recruited to go to UC and try and get them to change to ND?

Unless you are a scout, there is really no way to evaluate High School "talent" without using the rankings "professionals' assign them. If you think UC and ND were recruiting talent of the same "grade" then I don't know what to tell you.

Further, if you think high school players can't be made better or fail to live up to their potential due to the quality of coaching they receive, then I don't know what to tell you either.

Notre Dame's defense had athletes. Strong, fast, big, etc. They just didn't do things fundamentally well, they weren't put into schemes to succeed and they were soft. Saying that an Kelly-coached Notre Dame would get destroyed by a Kelly-coached UC is ridiculous.

Geeze - a small school finally gets a day in the sun, and you have to sh*t all over 'em. :rolleyes:

The Grapes of Wrath are sour...indeed.

Wrong.

The talent on this year's ND squad was ridiculous. Far superior to UC. The problems started with, and ended with, coaching.

You're right about that. ND has been consistently pulling some real good recruiting classes the last several years. Kelly is not stepping into a "cupboard is bare" situation.

Geeze - a small school finally gets a day in the sun, and you have to sh*t all over 'em. :rolleyes:

The Grapes of Wrath are sour...indeed.

<_<

Relax...show me where I "sh*t all over" UC. I think the last 3 years have been tremendous and I am envious of their success and excited that its architect is coming to ND.

The move of Brian Kelly to ND is definitely a shame for UC. However, I'm a little surprised that there are so many pro Florida rans on a Bills board. I hate to break it to you, but, even without their former coach, the Bearcats appear poised to roll over a very overrated Gators squad (only 1 win over ranked opposition). Cincy has 3 victories over ranked opponents, including 2 road wins. The biggest thing the Gators have in their favor is their pre-season ranking.