Still want Tebow?

dib

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have a QB that gets p!ssed at a loss, rather than one that cries and needs his head rubbed.

BTW Thanks Bobby you and your 6-6 seminoles for screwing the Canes out of the Gator Bowl. If you had any nads you'd turn down the bowl.

Never wanted Tebow in the first place, in fact I have consistently been in the "No Thanks" camp for 2 years now.

As for your whining about the Canes -- they would not have been going there anyways -- It would have been Clemson. The Bowl games are all about money. With Bowden's last game (and FSU's track record of bowl attendance) this game was a no brainer for the Gator bowl.

I'm not concerned about his stature, Biscuit. While he has fine pocket presence, the offense U Cinn ran (with a bevy of fine receivers) generally kept him free of hits. He was often blitzed, but drifted back and away from the pressure - that's certainly a plus. UC's OL isn't talked up, but they did the job.

He's an interesting prospect - but like most all college qbs, had time afforded that doesn't often occur in the NFL. But he is a "gamer" - no doubt there; I've never seen him get rattled.

Late 2nd round? Middle 3rd?

His stock will rise or fall in their Sugar Bowl game against FLA. Speaking of, they've faced a steady diet all season long of teams running to keep the ball away from their quick strike offense. And faced several strong-running qbs. They should be well-prepared for Tebow's scoots. My guess is that FLA gets favored by 10.

:devil: Thanks Cincy. Always respect your Cincy knowledge.

Now as objectively as you can be: do you believe Pike is a franchise type NFL QB?

he has a weak arm, I think it's quite a bit weaker than Trent's. But the thing with Trent is that he has a weakish arm but with a very quick delivery. Tebow's delivery is very slow. As for his size, I think he's big enough to think he can take shots he shouldn't be taking.

the SEC has tough defenses, but nothing like the size/speed combos he's going to see on Sundays.

If you think Tebows arm is weaker than Trents, you haven't seen much of either of them play. NO other colllege QB faced tougher defenses than Tebow & he has shown he can take a hit.

I'd rather have a QB that gets p!ssed at a loss, rather than one that cries and needs his head rubbed.

BTW Thanks Bobby you and your 6-6 seminoles for screwing the Canes out of the Gator Bowl. If you had any nads you'd turn down the bowl.

“I realize some people may look at this as a sign of weakness. I cry not because I’m less of a man, but because I am a man.”

- Bruce Smith

Professional Bad-Ass

I would take the guy that cries. He left it on the field, and it was good enough this day, but usually is. UF will probably force Cincinnati to withdraw from the NCAA... He is pissed, not punching people in the face pissed, he is going to prepare of Pike & Co. Unfortunately for Cincy, they are going to feel the wrath.

Tebow is a winner, and will win in the NFL. It is amazing that so many people are so sure this guy won't make it... What do you think he thinks about that? You think that would drive him to prove critics wrong? I just hope he is not too old to develop a little arm strength...

We don't need a guy with a winning attitude. The Flutie era was horrible...the only people that did'nt love this guy are the ones that said the same things they are saying about Tebow. Think about it. All of the Flutie haters said too small, no arm, blah blah. They got proven every time he won, and are still bitter. Bring up Dolphins fumble, stats, whatever. We were a foce when he was here.

We have had athletic...Rob Johnson and JP didn't work out...smart Trent Edward, Fitzie, any takers?

You can't teach or develop winning attitude. You can train for agility or strength, but you can't teach decision making and winning drive, and the truth is Tebow won in the SEC... Not every game, but there has only been one undefeated team, look at the whole body of work.

Did anybody ever look at his INT totals?

I am not a professional talent evaluator...but I did make an observation that guys like Tebow and Flutie keep winning, despite all the claims that they can't...it's called defying the odds, and you can hate them, or appreciate that it is an unquantifiable attribute, and appreciate the rare athlete that has it.

they took FSU cause the "U" trash do not travel to bowl games.

for a 4th round pick yes...

I used to think the same thing. A fourth rounder was maybe worth a shot, but then the longer I thought about it it I realized he can't play any position in the NFL.

He can't throw. His passes are wobbly and terribly inconsistent and that is with an outstanding supporting cast. He can't run in the NFL because he doesn't have the necessary speed or escapability.

He is not a defensive player either.

He is too slow as a wide reciever.

Where does he fit? He doesn't!

Period.

Until the Bills rebuild both lines and the LB corp they shoudn't be drafting QB's,RB's or WR's.

:devil: Thanks Cincy. Always respect your Cincy knowledge.

Now as objectively as you can be: do you believe Pike is a franchise type NFL QB?

Objectively...no.

But can he surprise, and be one? Yes. He certainly has the smarts and scans the field. An enigma...

How's that, for hedging the bets? :lol:

BUF isn't a candidate for drafting him IMO - other needs...

I used to think the same thing. A fourth rounder was maybe worth a shot, but then the longer I thought about it it I realized he can't play any position in the NFL.

He can't throw. His passes are wobbly and terribly inconsistent and that is with an outstanding supporting cast. He can't run in the NFL because he doesn't have the necessary speed or escapability.

He is not a defensive player either.

He is too slow as a wide reciever.

Where does he fit? He doesn't!

Period.

Until the Bills rebuild both lines and the LB corp they shoudn't be drafting QB's,RB's or WR's.

You're seriously going to say that a guy with a career completion percentage of 65.2 can't throw?

Or perhaps you're referring to his 9.17 yards per attempt figure (which is almost a full yard per attempt better than Peyton Manning's 8.27 over his 4-year college career)?

Tell you what, let's compare their career college numbers side by side:

Category-----Manning-----Tebow

Completions-----851---------630

Attempts---------1,354-------960

Percentage------62.85-------65.6

YPA---------------8.27--------9.13 (8.65 as a Senior; Manning's was 8.01)

Longest Comp.---71-----------77

TDs----------------90-----------85

INTs---------------33-----------16

TD-INT Ratio----2.7:1--------5.3:1

Yeah, you're right, he can't throw at all. :devil:

That Manning guy turned out okay, didn't he?

Also, again I'll say that there are some pretty decent NFL head coaches (i.e. Belichick and Gruden) that disagree with you on Tebow.

And yes, he'll be selected in the first round.

And he'll play QB.

And yes, Buffalo should draft a QB first...it's the most important position in the game (for that debate, you'll want to go to the QB vs. OL thread).

Period.

Objectively...no.

But can he surprise, and be one? Yes. He certainly has the smarts and scans the field. An enigma...

How's that, for hedging the bets? :devil:

BUF isn't a candidate for drafting him IMO - other needs...

Pike has never faced a defense like the Gators, it will be interesting to see how he plays against them.

they took FSU cause the "U" trash do not travel to bowl games.

At least Notre Dame had the class to turn down a bowl bid they didnt deserve.

BTW You couldnt get into Miami.

Pike has never faced a defense like the Gators, it will be interesting to see how he plays against them.

I don't weigh in to often. However, I have watched every Gator game over the last 9 years. Tim Tebow is a great QB. He has some mechanical issues. But he will be a success as a QB in the NFL at the very least he has as much of a chance as any other top QB prospect. For what it is worth.

Class? Is that pussing out of a game is called now? More like they were avoiding the embarrassment of losing to a non-BCS school like Central Michigan.

PTR

You're seriously going to say that a guy with a career completion percentage of 65.2 can't throw?

Or perhaps you're referring to his 9.17 yards per attempt figure (which is almost a full yard per attempt better than Peyton Manning's 8.27 over his 4-year college career)?

Tell you what, let's compare their career college numbers side by side:

Category-----Manning-----Tebow

Completions-----851---------630

Attempts---------1,354-------960

Percentage------62.85-------65.6

YPA---------------8.27--------9.13 (8.65 as a Senior; Manning's was 8.01)

Longest Comp.---71-----------77

TDs----------------90-----------85

INTs---------------33-----------16

TD-INT Ratio----2.7:1--------5.3:1

Yeah, you're right, he can't throw at all. :devil:

That Manning guy turned out okay, didn't he?

Also, again I'll say that there are some pretty decent NFL head coaches (i.e. Belichick and Gruden) that disagree with you on Tebow.

And yes, he'll be selected in the first round.

And he'll play QB.

And yes, Buffalo should draft a QB first...it's the most important position in the game (for that debate, you'll want to go to the QB vs. OL thread).

Period.

I'm one of Tebow's biggest fans but this isn't a valid comparison. Manning played in a pro style offense. Tebow plays in a gimmick college offense. He rarely throws the ball down field and their entire passing game is based off catch and runs. He threw a couple tds to Hernandez that went for big gains that didn't travel more than 5 yards in the air. Look how long it's taken Alex Smith to develop.

Bottomline is there is so much to like about Tebow. but he is a project at best as a NFL QB and it would insane for Buffalo to gamble on him at this point. The team that makes the most sense is the PAts. He can run some gadget plays and then learn under Brady (and hopefully not how to knock up chicks).

You're right.

1. I never applied.

2. UM is a great university academically, but the white trash fans that comprise their fan base are classless and bottom feeders. I have watched it time and time again at games and they never disappoint. Its always the older men between 30-55 that are hammered and beyond belligerent.

You do see it everywhere but not in the college game where most of the fans actually attended the university and know how to conduct themselves instead of adapting to the mentality of its football team.

They don't travel for games, especially bowls. I wouldn't want them to fill a stadium either. Sad part is they will probably be a top 5 team next year.

And I don't disagree with the FSU remarks. But they weren't going to stick Bobby in the toilet bowl.