Faulk says Bills should name Fewell Head Coach

dajari9

I hate Marshall Faulk. He was a great player, but is usually a Bills hater on NFL Network. He just said on the pre-game that Fewell is the right guy for the job, should be the head coach of the Bills...because he can motivate players (Fewell was a coordinator with the Rams teams Faulk was on).

I don't buy it. If Bills Finish 8-8 or god forbid 9-7 (remember when 9-7 would be a disappointment? Neither do I) then yes, I would agree he deserves a shot but there is a lot of football left and when the Bills finish 7-9 yet again Fewell won't even find a DC job in the NFL next year. He'll land a job, but as a secondary coach not DC.

I saw that too. As far as I'm concerned, let's let the season play out, then make a decision on Fewell.

Like many, I think a strong GM and Front Office is more important then HC. Marv wasn't going to the Hall of Fame before he met Polian: Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Bruce, Bennett, Talley and a great offensive line

I hate Marshall Faulk. He was a great player, but is usually a Bills hater on NFL Network. He just said on the pre-game that Fewell is the right guy for the job, should be the head coach of the Bills...because he can motivate players (Fewell was a coordinator with the Rams teams Faulk was on).

I don't buy it. If Bills Finish 8-8 or god forbid 9-7 (remember when 9-7 would be a disappointment? Neither do I) then yes, I would agree he deserves a shot but there is a lot of football left and when the Bills finish 7-9 yet again Fewell won't even find a DC job in the NFL next year. He'll land a job, but as a secondary coach not DC.

God forbid 9-7?!?! 9-7 and we have a legit shot at a playoff spot! It will have also meant that Fewell would have gone 6-1 (narrowly losing his first game on the road.) I would be JUST FINE with this outcome.

Granted, I get what your saying about 9-7 being a let down during the "glory years". BUT we are far removed from that. Considering the past decade...and the start to this season...I'm absolutely pleased.

Faulk has no interest in the success of the Bills and pretending that their fans deserve nothing but the best does not increase viewership the way it does with large market teams. If Fewell were the interim HC with the Cowboys, I'm sure nobody would think he were the right fit. This isn't MLB, everbody has a realistic chance to win so nobody deserves a second rate HC. If anyone remembers, outside of Buffalo Dick Jauron was roundly praised as the choice of HC by the Bills because outside of Buffalo nobody cares.

God forbid 9-7?!?! 9-7 and we have a legit shot at a playoff spot! It will have also meant that Fewell would have gone 6-1 (narrowly losing his first game on the road.) I would be JUST FINE with this outcome.

Granted, I get what your saying about 9-7 being a let down during the "glory years". BUT we are far removed from that. Considering the past decade...and the start to this season...I'm absolutely pleased.

If they don't make the playoffs does it really matter? All it means is a worse draft pick. I think the only shot at the playoffs is winning the division - that could only happen If the Bills win out (Huge IF) and we get some help from the Pats opponents or Brady breaks his leg. If they finish 8-8 it just makes me sick to think about the first NE game and Cleveland game...

A 6-1 finish would be nice, but I certainly wouldn't be "pleased" with the season. The competitive portion of this season ended before Fewell was even hired and that early tank job is what counts. The results of games where the team had nothing to lose mean A LOT less than those where the playoffs are on the line, which they aren't.

If they don't make the playoffs does it really matter? All it means is a worse draft pick. I think the only shot at the playoffs is winning the division - that could only happen If the Bills win out (Huge IF) and we get some help from the Pats opponents or Brady breaks his leg. If they finish 8-8 it just makes me sick to think about the first NE game and Cleveland game...

Sorry, I would rather see the team win.

Besides...high draft picks do not necessarily correlate to winning. (See our last 10 #1 picks : 2000

2000 Erik Flowers

2001 Nate Clements

2002 Mike Williams

2003 Willis McGahee

2004 Lee Evans

2004 J.P. Losman

2005 No 1st Round Pick, Roscoe Parrish (2nd Round)

2006 Donte Whitner

2006 John McCargo

2007 Marshawn Lynch

2008 Leodis McKelvin

20091 Aaron Maybin

20091 Eric Wood

Not a whole lot of success here....Plenty of starters come from rounds 2, 3 and 4

I think that the model for winning is trading down in the 1st round and collecting picks. The Bills had success with this under Polian and the Patriots have exercised this practice very effectively. Higher draft pick means higher and higher salary. If a high end first round pick doesn't pan out, it can be a terrible financial hit, especially to a small market team.

I feel better after beating the Dolphins but take a step back. It's one win, we were being outplayed until the 4th QTR, and it took a risky call on a 56 yard FG attempt to win. There won't be a new coach until the end of the year. One game at a time.

Sorry, I would rather see the team win.

Besides...high draft picks do not necessarily correlate to winning. (See our last 10 #1 picks : 2000

2000 Erik Flowers

2001 Nate Clements

2002 Mike Williams

2003 Willis McGahee

2004 Lee Evans

2004 J.P. Losman

2005 No 1st Round Pick, Roscoe Parrish (2nd Round)

2006 Donte Whitner

2006 John McCargo

2007 Marshawn Lynch

2008 Leodis McKelvin

20091 Aaron Maybin

20091 Eric Wood

Not a whole lot of success here....Plenty of starters come from rounds 2, 3 and 4

I think that the model for winning is trading down in the 1st round and collecting picks. The Bills had success with this under Polian and the Patriots have exercised this practice very effectively. Higher draft pick means higher and higher salary. If a high end first round pick doesn't pan out, it can be a terrible financial hit, especially to a small market team.

I just want to go back to 1988...the beginning of the best era of Bills football. (Wearing Ruby Red Slippers) "There's no place like home, there's no place like home"

[/quote

God forbid the Bills finish with a winning record? You arent a Bills fan...you're a douchenozzle

Hire a GM, let him interview Fewell and evryone else. If he believes Fewell is the right man that let him hire him.

The GM brings in his heads of scouting.

The guy i like is down here in Atlanta, David Caldwell. Head of college scouting for the Falcons. Was hired by Dimitrof from INDY. Caldwell worked under Polian for 10 years. Then in Atlanta for the last two.

Only knock is his age. But Dimitrof went from head of college scouting for NE to Atlanta's GM. And Dimitrof is young too.

And Caldwell is from Buffalo.