We're screwed!!

Magox

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously everyone knows that we are in a severe economic downturn. So who better to tackle this problem than the W.H and the plethora of experience that they have?

http://blog.american.com/?p=7572

It's enough to make you feel warm and fuzzy about who is going to be leading us out of this mess.

Magox's Financial Panic! Link of the Day

DOOOOOOOMED!!!

Hardly. Which indicator of continued financial death and destruction will you be linking to tomorrow?

We are so !@#$ed!!!

Which indicator of continued climate destruction will you be linking tomorrow?

We are so !@#$ED!!!!

You make it too easy Gene. I want to let you know, I appreciate you ;)

Which indicator of continued climate destruction will you be linking tomorrow?

We are so !@#$ED!!!!

You make it too easy Gene. I want to let you know, I appreciate you ;)

Yes, 'AWG is bull **** because it doesn't make sense to me' argument is both rational and compelling. Either way I'm hardly alarmist for siding with the consensus.

You're only having an easy time because you're playing Mad Libs with my posts. :D

Yes, 'AWG is bull **** because it doesn't make sense to me' argument is both rational and compelling. Either way I'm hardly alarmist for siding with the consensus.

You're only having an easy time because you're playing Mad Libs with my posts. :D

Your "consensus" is based on opinions, mine was based on facts, thats the difference.

And, playing Mad libs with your posts are fun ;)

Your "consensus" is based on opinions, mine was based on facts, thats the difference.

And, playing Mad libs with your posts are fun ;)

There are no scientific facts, only theories. Some theories are more battle-tested than others, but every discrete theory is one or two repeatable contradictory experiments away from being revised or simply tossed out. There is no real debate among climate scientists here and you have no real basis for calling me an alarmist or a zealot.

Your opinion about the Prez and his financial policies is obvious. The true opinion here is your assumption that less private sector experience will lead to a 'We're screwed!!' scenario. That sounds alarmist to me, despite your efforts to deflect. As usual you seem to have an agenda.

There are no scientific facts, only theories. Some theories are more battle-tested than others, but every discrete theory is one or two repeatable contradictory experiments away from being revised or simply tossed out. There is no real debate among climate scientists here and you have no real basis for calling me an alarmist or a zealot.

Your opinion about the Prez and his financial policies is obvious. The true opinion here is your assumption that less private sector experience will lead to a 'We're screwed!!' scenario. That sounds alarmist to me, despite your efforts to deflect. As usual you seem to have an agenda.

There is no "real" debate among climate scientists? Ok ;)

My opinion of the president is consistent, and that is that he has no !@#$ing clue in how to stimulate the private sector or for that matter the economy.

Now if you choose to ignore, which you have, the number of people that have experience in the private sector that are working in his cabinet, than that is up to you, and just shows you that you are either a !@#$ing idiot or that you are a partisan fool, and that you refuse to acknowlege that surrounding yourself with people who have private sector experience is a plus.

Which is it Gene?

I want you to answer that question, do you believe that if you want to try to stimulate the private sector and the economy, that you should surround yourself with people who do have experience in that field or don't?

It's a simple !@#$ing question, now answer it.

In which Union leaders will be there to give their input ;)

You should look at the list of people attending his jobs summit. This is one of those times where it's really clear to everyone, righties and lefties alike, just how little corporate experience Obama and his wingmen have. The thing that's funny is that if he doesn't take the necessary steps to give incentives to small businesses to invest and hire (instead of scaring the ever-loving chit out of them with his long list of entitlement programs), he's dead meat in 2012. You can be the nicest guy in the world, but if he thinks pulling troops out of Afghanistan will be enough to get him re-elected, he's approaching Biden-stupid.

(Hey K-dog, I only made the Biden-stupid comment to let you know how great it is to have you back. :D )

You should look at the list of people attending his jobs summit. This is one of those times where it's really clear to everyone, righties and lefties alike, just how little corporate experience Obama and his wingmen have. The thing that's funny is that if he doesn't take the necessary steps to give incentives to small businesses to invest and hire (instead of scaring the ever-loving chit out of them with his long list of entitlement programs), he's dead meat in 2012. You can be the nicest guy in the world, but if he thinks pulling troops out of Afghanistan will be enough to get him re-elected, he's approaching Biden-stupid.

(Hey K-dog, I only made the Biden-stupid comment to let you know how great it is to have you back. :censored: )

The proof is in the pudding, of course the lack of private sector experience in his cabinet isn't an absolute means of proving my point, but it is definitely evidence of it. Also, when you hear many of his Czars speak, it is clear that some of them are anti capitalists, and some of them have implicitly stated this. Couple all this with their actions of screwing the GM bondholders for the Unions, demonizing the banking, health insurance and credit card industry, and the outright war they are preparing against the Chamber of commerce, it just goes to show you that he is one of the least business friendly presidents we have had in a very long time.

For crying out loud, less than 8% of his members of cabinet that work in Commerce, Treasury, Agriculture, Interior, Labor, Transportation, Energy, and Housing & Urban Development have experience working in the private sector.

How do we expect to have effective economic leadership coming from the presidents cabinet, when they don't have experience in business?

People can either turn their back, and blindly ignore this fact, or say to themselves, "hmm, that does make sense, shouldn't he have more people with experience in business trying to help get us out of this shithole?"

I've bashed on Obama plenty over the last few months, because it's too damn !@#$ing easy, thats why. He is a naive idealogue who believes that he can tangibly transform this country with hope, believing it is our moral imperative to even out the playing field by taking more from those who have contributed to this society and giving it to those he feels that are in "need" of it.

I don't support it and I never will.

The proof is in the pudding, of course the lack of private sector experience in his cabinet isn't an absolute means of proving my point, but it is definitely evidence of it. Also, when you hear many of his Czars speak, it is clear that some of them are anti capitalists, and some of them have implicitly stated this. Couple all this with their actions of screwing the GM bondholders for the Unions, demonizing the banking, health insurance and credit card industry, and the outright war they are preparing against the Chamber of commerce, it just goes to show you that he is one of the least business friendly presidents we have had in a very long time.

For crying out loud, less than 8% of his members of cabinet that work in Commerce, Treasury, Agriculture, Interior, Labor, Transportation, Energy, and Housing & Urban Development have experience working in the private sector.

How do we expect to have effective economic leadership coming from the presidents cabinet, when they don't have experience in business?

People can either turn their back, and blindly ignore this fact, or say to themselves, "hmm, that does make sense, shouldn't he have more people with experience in business trying to help get us out of this shithole?"

I've bashed on Obama plenty over the last few months, because it's too damn !@#$ing easy, thats why. He is a naive idealogue who believes that he can tangibly transform this country with hope, believing it is our moral imperative to even out the playing field by taking more from those who have contributed to this society and giving it to those he feels that are in "need" of it.

I don't support it and I never will.

One of?

Oh, in that case, YA

It's like they're TRYING to keep unemployment high. If they would at least INVITE some small business advocacy groups, but no. Make a big donation, get a an invitiation to the jobs summit.

Given how easy it was to crash the state dinner party, I wonder if we could sneak into the jobs summit. They may kick us out, but at least we could get our photo taken with Biden.

It's like they're TRYING to keep unemployment high. If they would at least INVITE some small business advocacy groups, but no. Make a big donation, get a an invitiation to the jobs summit.

Given how easy it was to crash the state dinner party, I wonder if we could sneak into the jobs summit. They may kick us out, but at least we could get our photo taken with Biden.

which reminds me of this