Did you enjoy your first Bills game?

Mine was December 10, 1989...Bills v. Saints. I remember having a great time, even though Dalton Hilliard ran all over us and we lost the game. The seats were frozen over but the stadium was packed in and we were excited as hell to be there.

I remember that game...I was there too. I remember John Forcade as QB for the Saints that day.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early '70s, last year at the Rockpile--Bills lost 17-0 to the Baltimore Colts, who were led by Johnny Unitas. Our seats were at the very top of the stadium. I carried a small sign that read "All the way with OJ". Good times, man, good times.....

I remember that game...I was there too. I remember John Forcade as QB for the Saints that day.

It was driving me crazy trying to think of the Saints QB, lol....I knew it wasn't Hebert, but couldn't remember Forcade's name.

16 October 1977 against the Atlanta Falcons. Was one of the Bills three lowly wins that seasons, and it was a barn burner winning 3-0. A historic day where Neil O'Donahue kicked the winning field goal (missed a couple too) and was cut the next day-first time ever that a kicker who kicked the game winner got cut after that. More importantly, O.J. Simpson got his 10,000th yard that day. The weather if I remember correctly was unseasonably nice for October, but my biggest memory of that day was, with a half empty stadium it seemed, there were 3 big dudes sitting a couple rows behind us. This little skinny guy walked up to them with 3 huge beers (which were even expensive back then), and when he offered them the beers, one of the big guys got up and punched the guy right in the face. The guy, the beers went flying and his glasses ended up under my seat of all places. Goes to show you some things never change when alcohol is involved. I went the following week too against Cleveland when we lost 27-16 and Keith Moody ran a punt back for 91 yards, still the team record. The Cleveland game was about 40 degrees colder than the week prior, and an old guy, about 75 years old was walking around with nothing but shorts on while we all froze our asses off. Memories.

My first game was in 1981 at "Rich" Stadium back then....Bills vs Patriots. Ferguson throws a hail mary pass to Roland Hooks for the game winning touchdown. My Dad and I were sitting right in that end zone section. Great first experience!! I was 9 years old...

That wasn't my 1st game (I think it was my 3rd) but I went to it. I was @ the opposite end and I couldn't see the actual catch, all I could see through the snow was the end zone fans jump to their feet and go crazy. That's when I knew we scored a TD. I was only 10 @ the time.

Bills vs Jax. Rich Stadium. October 18, 1998. Doug Flutie's first start. Naked Bootleg. Game over. Legend begins...I never thought any sports venue could get THAT loud...OMFG. :censored:

I've never been able to shake the Bills since.

C

Bills vs Jax. Rich Stadium. October 18, 1998. Doug Flutie's first start. Naked Bootleg. Game over. Legend begins...I never thought any sports venue could get THAT loud...OMFG. :censored:

C

Ugghh...my condolences. Not about the game...that was one of the all-time most enjoyable plays I've ever seen. But to become a Bills fan in 1998?? Terrible timing... :lol:

My first game was in 2004. It was a home game against the jets and I got to sit in the box because by family has business connections with the bills. I remember getting enzos pizza and having a waitress getting me all of the food I wanted. I think i was 12 at the time. I had a great time and i bought a lee evans jersey that night. I wish i could go to another game at the ralph and sit with all the bills fans instead of going to the jets game in new york.

September 24, 1972 The Rockpile. My friend was sick and his father called me up and asked if I wanted to go. Next year saw 5 games in OJ's 2000 yard season in the first year at Rich.

Vs SF. The Bills knocked Brodie out for the game and maybe season(?). Braxton scored two TDs in the 4th quarter.

I'm also 2-0 this year. I was at the Carolina game, and at Sunday's Miami game. Anybody want to give me some tickets for the rest of the year?

Same here! Hopefully I'll make it home in time for Week 15 so we can beat the Pats* as well :censored:

My first Bills game was a preseason against the Falcons in mid-90s.... exciting I know. Can't remember which was the first regular season game, but I really want to make it to a home MNF game one of these years.

I know the original post was directed specifically at an individual (or at least I think it was), but seeing as everyone's piled on, this was my first game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...97411100buf.htm

It was November 10th, 1974 and we lost to the Houston Oilers 21-9.

We were a pretty good team that year as this was in the midst of the second Lou Saban era in Buffalo. Lots of all time Bills on that team, OJ, Joe Ferguson, Jim Braxton (RIP), Bobby Chandler (RIP), J.D. Hill, Ahmad Rashad, Tony Greene, John Leypoldt (RIP), The Electric Company, etc.

I had been a big Bills fan since 1968 but I grew up a suburban kid to immigrant parents and honestly, my parents were terrified of taking us to a game at the old Rockpile. So when the Bills finally moved into the Ralph (Rich Stadium at the time), we finally after a few years of trying, convinced my parents to take us to a game.

It was typical November weather, a bit cold and windy. We had end zone seats near the top row. I remember one play where Jim Braxton caught a nine yard pass along the sidelines. From where we were sitting we had no depth perception (besides being very inexperienced at watching a game live) and the PA announcer said it was a 1 yard gain. It wasn't until a few plays later that we realized that it had been a 9 yard gain. I was crushed that we lost that game. The following week we lost to Miami (again) and I was in the throws of despair.

The week after that we beat Cleveland and I was euphoric. Without knowing it, I was on the Buffalo Bills express...that roller coaster of emotions that is running to this very day.

edit: The other thing I remember about that game was that our scoreboard at the time was "state-of-the-art." It was a video scoreboard that showed replays and commercials. But it was basically all light bulbs with many of them blown out. It was a crude black and white picture and with the glare of the sun, you couldn't hardly make out anything on the scoreboard.

November 30th 2003 Bills:24-Giants:7

I had front row seats in the Meadowlands. Bledsoe had 2 TD passes and Travis Henry had a TD run. Because I live much closer to NYC than Buffalo, I had been going to Bills away games vs the Jets and Giants... until this year when we made a 7 hour drive up to Buffalo to see them get killed by New Orleans.

My first game at Orchard park was about 1975. I joined a group feom Corning, NY on a bus and beer tour.We stayed over night at the hotel where thr Pats were staying. I was measuring myself against the Pats corner and safety in the elevator. These guys were smaller than me! When I walked up to their linemen in the lobby and I came back down to earth. It was aqn un-seasonablely warm day for November. The Bills won, Therer were fights all over the stands and I had a wonderful day. WE got back to the Bus and started to leave. While our bus was in line to leave, we looked outside and a guy Punched another guy. Then other guy came up withy a knife. Their friends seperated them and our bus left the parking lot. We came to an intersection and there was an abandid car at the intersection. Two guys were duking it out in the intersection. I said to my self MAN, I want to be a part of this. The mnext season I bought seasons tickets.

GO BILLS!!!

I was there. Had sideline passes before the game and 10th row seats behind the Bills bench. Parents came into town and they met my future wife for what I think was the first time. When Flutie ran that in it was the loudest I've ever heard the stadium. Fandemonium.

C

Monday, December 3rd, 1995. Candlestick Park.

Originally from the Bay Area and the tickets were a gift for my 14th birthday, along with a sweet Bills parka.

We were completely outplaying the whiners, about to remove just about all doubt. Jim Kelly hands off to Darrick Holmes who dives over the pile toward the goal line. Gary Plummer hits him in mid flight, forcing a fumble. Ball picked up by Lee Woodall who returns it 96 yards for a touchdown. Momentum turned never to be regained.

For some reason, one of the plays I remember most is Jimbo pitching the ball to Thurman, then heading left as Thurman sets to throw... Jim turns the corner to look at nothing but green between him and the end zone only to slip on the waterlogged grass and fall. I guess that play is the Bills in a nutshell... so close, but derailed by dumb bad luck.

I was a barely 14 year old kid in the middle of nothing but SF season ticket holders wearing a Bills parka. Wouldn't have bothered me if it wasn't for the 40-50+ men trying to pick fights with me.

On a happier note, the Bills-fish game last weekend was my first Bills home game. Much better experience, can't wait to go back.

Living in Boston now and considering making the fish game an annual pilgramage to WNY.

December 26 1993, New York Jets, still trying to thaw out to this day. For a kid that grew up on the Gulf Coast of Alabama it was the coldest I had ever been and the most clothing I had ever put on at one time, one of the things I remember most is the drive over from Rochester seeing big rigs overturned on the median of the interstate, and hearing over and over on the radio the announcement that alcohol didn't really keep you warm.

That was almost my 1st as well...home on leave from the USAF...me and a buddy were supposed to meet up with another guy who had the tix....but he hit a bunch of snowstorms on the way there and didn't show up til late....we wound up listening to the game in the car.

I got season tix in 96 before ever having gone to a game...the Redskins preseason game where Holocek got hurt was the 1st time I set foot inside then-Rick Stadium. Regular season, lots of rain on the day that Marv went on the Wall and then coached the Bills to a 17-10 over the Pats*. Quinn Early with a big TD catch and Hansen in the far end zone stuffed Dave Meggett for a loss on New England's last attempt to score.