The Buffalo Bills at 4-7 are still barely alive

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

Lets not kid ourselves, its going to take some luck and we need help like for instance the 49ers to beat the Jags and the Ravens to beat the Steelers, but its not over with yet, not if we can keep winning football games its not...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Damnit dog!

I'm not jumping on that roller coaster, I'm not jumping on that roller coaster, I'm not jumping on that roller coaster.

This is of course being said in the same spirit as Gilligan repeatedly stating "I'm not gonna dress like a woman."

You know what happens next.

:flirt:

I just got back from taking the dog for a walk (as is customary following sitting on my arse for the past 3 hours), and was thinking about the upcoming opponents.

Caveat should be stated that this is the Buffalo Bills we are talking about.

With that being said, they play the Jets in Toronto and the Chiefs next. Both winnable games as Sanchez has come back down to earth from all of the early season fans pushing him for sainthood in his first season, and since Kris Jenkins is out. The Chiefs are a little worse off than we are, so we should win the next 2 placing us at 6-7.

But we also have games against the Pats, Colts, and Falcons. Does not look good with those opponents.

You sit there though, and look at that Cleveland game, the first game against New England, and the Jags game. I can't help but wonder what could have been, if those 3 were wins...

I just got back from taking the dog for a walk (as is customary following sitting on my arse for the past 3 hours), and was thinking about the upcoming opponents.

Caveat should be stated that this is the Buffalo Bills we are talking about.

With that being said, they play the Jets in Toronto and the Chiefs next. Both winnable games as Sanchez has come back down to earth from all of the early season fans pushing him for sainthood in his first season, and since Kris Jenkins is out. The Chiefs are a little worse off than we are, so we should win the next 2 placing us at 6-7.

But we also have games against the Pats, Colts, and Falcons. Does not look good with those opponents.

You sit there though, and look at that Cleveland game, the first game against New England, and the Jags game. I can't help but wonder what could have been, if those 3 were wins...

Dick Jauron would still be the coach and the team would have gotten pounded today.

Guest dog14787
Lets not kid ourselves, its going to take some luck and we need help like for instance the 49ers to beat the Jags and the Ravens to beat the Steelers, but its not over with yet, not if we can keep winning football games its not...

49ers 20

Jags 3

FINAL

All I'm saying is we have 2 winnable games in the Jets and Chiefs before coming home for the Pats. If we take out the Pats, Perry Fewell will be nominated for sainthood.

PTR

We hire Fewell as HC And I am done with this team as are many. Lets stop drinking the koolaid and make some real changes for once.

We hire Fewell as HC And I am done with this team as are many. Lets stop drinking the koolaid and make some real changes for once.

Could make for an interesting off season. If Fewell keeps them playing as well as they did today with the promise of playing even better with a NFL caliber O-Line and QB, and Shanny declines the job, what does Ralph do? Very interesting off season indeed if the team keeps playing for Fewell.

Even if the Bills run the table to go 9-7, which is a tall order to say the least, let's look at how much they still have to overcome to make the playoffs:

- Only one of the Bills remaining games is against an AFC WC contender, so none of their other wins will help knock other teams out.

- There are currently 7 teams ahead of the Bills competing for the 2 WC spots. Let's focus on the ones that are .500 or better to keep it simple:

- Denver is 7-4 and still has 2 games left against KC and Oakland at home. It's extremely unlikely they'll win less than 10 games.

- Jacksonville is 6-4 and is currently behind by 17. They only have one "soft" opponent left, Cleveland, so it's not unthinkable that they could collapse and fail to win 9 games.

- Pittsburgh is 6-4 and plays Baltimore tonight. After tonight, their next two games are against Oakland and Cleveland, so if they win tonight they'll probably be 9-4 in a few weeks.

- Baltimore is 5-5. After tonight, they still have games against Detroit and Oakland. In addition, Baltimore and Pittsburgh still play each other again on 12/27. Add all of that up and it sure looks like either Pittsburgh or Baltimore is going to win 10 games.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with rooting for a miracle.

:flirt: I'm glad there is someone as insane as I am. You gotta dream. But it just makes it more depressing all the games we blew in the 4th. But the Titans are now 5-6 after starting 0-6, so you never know. And given Fitz' wheels, Fitz = Vince Young? :D

Guest dog14787
:D I'm glad there is someone as insane as I am. You gotta dream. But it just makes it more depressing all the games we blew in the 4th. But the Titans are now 5-6 after starting 0-6, so you never know. And given Fitz' wheels, Fitz = Vince Young? :unsure:

We just as easily could be 7-4, and Fitz impressed the hell out of me today :w00t:

Since we're playing the "if" game, just think "if" Mckelvin hadn't made that bonehead play in the opener against new England.

Assuming the Bills held on to beat Patriots (and most of think that's fairly realistic), they'd be one game out of first with a head-to-head at home against the division leading Patriots.

In effect, we're one incredibly stupid play away from being a victory out of first place. Two stupid plays (Roscoe/Cleveland) from being tied for first with the tiebreaker advantage.

Amazing, considering that we could practically field another entire team with our IR list.

There is hope. Maybe not for this year, but there is a strong core of players for the future. Kinda of like the 1987 Bills, who became the foundation of the superbowl teams.

Guest dog14787

TO in TO, the stage is set, two teams fighting for their lives

I'm excited, the Bills/ Jets in Toronto on Thursday is coming up quick :D