Congrats JP

BillsFanLevy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that there is anyone out there who still cares about JP. For all of those fans who think JP can still play, ask yourself this question. Why would a young QB who was a 1st round draft pick with all of the physical tools not get a sniff in free agency? Because he sucks! There were 30+ GMs and coaches who passed on him. Nuff said.

My guess is that there is interest not so much because folks care about JP, but because his demise here is treated by some as a declaration that he is a bad player, when actually I think he is a good athlete who was incredibly poorly developed by the Bills coaches and braintrust.

I think folks are missing the point when they try to indict the Bills leaders for spending a 1st round choice on JP (maybe so but maybe not- if it took a first round pick to guarantee landing him because other teams would take him high in the second or jump ahead of the Bills if they acquired a high #2 then so be it for getting a #1 to get him).

To me the most relevant question was whether there was another QB obviously better that we could obtain with the picks we had or could get.

I think it was pretty clear at the time that JP was a cut below the top 3 QBs in that draft (Brees, RoboQB, and one other I cannot remember who offhand) and that JP would likely have been the 1st QB taken the next year if he stayed in.

As it was the Bills needed a QB pretty desperately (TD made the foolish mistake of not simply declaring victory and letting Bledsoe walk after one very good and one very bad season) and all the QBs the next year looked pretty bad.

In 20/20 hinsight my sense is that the Bills should have gone FA for a new QB that year and maybe you do jump up and take JP because the draft pool of QBs looked pretty bad for a year or two with him moving up. Draft him but the plan should have been to sit him and have him learn the pro game rather than running for his life and improvising as he did at Tulane. If you take JP then the commitment even for us stupid outsiders is that you are commiting to as many as 3 years with him mostly on the bench learning.

Rushing him to start when we realized how dumb the Bledsoe extension was the mistake.

You try to convince folks that you played football and yet think its impossible for a player to get a concussion and not go on record with it, do you just make things up. Did you watch the game yesterday and see the hit or are you just that dense. JP took a hit hard enough that if it was you, you would be saying, "wheres my mommy" good grief man what in the hells wrong with you.

Its hilarious that you can't post a reply without going back to the same old same old, did I mention TE, no, so why bring him up.

Maybe its because you still haven't gotten over your love for Mary, you know the same Mary you compared to Tom Brady and Montana(posted below) and then threw a hissy fit when I compared him to Jim kelly.

I tried to treat you like a normal poster, but your not, you have a one track mind buddy. :thumbdown:

Dude, you are hilarious...the last thing anyone would ever accuse me of is loving Trent...but thats beside the point.

And yes, I did play football and you clearly did not and you clearly have not had a concussion and I have. Let me tell you something a player with a concussion is serious and they arent going to be able to hide it well. You just called me a idiot because I questioned your concussion yet you 100% invented it...there was no report of a concussion during the game or after the game...you have ZERO evidence of any concussion, yet this is the second time you made one up, but some how I am the moron.

And lets get something straight about that comparison...One it was from 2008 for crying out loud when we all thought he showed poise in response to someone elses post. And yes, its no secret the traits of Brady and Montanna were poise and intelligence and back in TWO THOUSAND EIGHT those were Trents ONLY promising traits. In the exact same quote you have there I even said he is no where near their caliber and the jury is still out on whether he will be any good. I NEVER SAID HE WAS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THEM LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT HIM WITH KELLY...

Guest dog14787
Dude, you are hilarious...the last thing anyone would ever accuse me of is loving Trent...but thats beside the point.

And yes, I did play football and you clearly did not and you clearly have not had a concussion and I have. Let me tell you something a player with a concussion is serious and they arent going to be able to hide it well. You just called me a idiot because I questioned your concussion yet you 100% invented it...there was no report of a concussion during the game or after the game...you have ZERO evidence of any concussion, yet this is the second time you made one up, but some how I am the moron.

And lets get something straight about that comparison...One it was from 2008 for crying out loud when we all thought he showed poise in response to someone elses post. And yes, its no secret the traits of Brady and Montanna were poise and intelligence and back in TWO THOUSAND EIGHT those were Trents ONLY promising traits. In the exact same quote you have there I even said he is no where near their caliber and the jury is still out on whether he will be any good. I NEVER SAID HE WAS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THEM LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT HIM WITH KELLY...

You keep starting this same dumbass BS over and over, if you can't reply to my post without starting crap about TE then don't post, I don't give a F$#k what you think, get it, so get over yourself and no , I don't believe you played football, I asked you before to offer up proof, but to no avail and no, flag football doesn't count, its all BS just like you are...

You keep starting this same dumbass BS over and over, if you can't reply to my post without starting crap about TE then don't post, I don't give a F$#k what you think, get it, so get over yourself and no , I don't believe you played football, I asked you before to offer up proof, but to no avail and no, flag football doesn't count, its all BS just like you are...

LOL...you are insane...and like I told you before, I dont air my personal info on a message board and dont really care if you believe I played or not and I am not about to get into this with you again...

But you never answered my question...whats your deal with making up make believe concussions for JP and Trent?

Jp and the Loco's just won the UFL Championship....Good luck hope to see him back in the NFL soon.

LOL did you even watch a game in that league. any top 25 collage team could kill any of the teams in that league.

nobody was interested in JP when he was a free agent,nobody even invited him in for a visit whats that tell you?

by the way how many games did they play in that league for the season 6 its a freaking joke and if you ever did watch JP play any games he was the same old JP he was in buffalo.

no pocket presence, couldnt get rid of the ball and turned the ball over constantly.

i liked JP the only problem with him IMO is between his ears. he simply does not have the IT factor you need to play QB in the NFL.

LOL did you even watch a game in that league. any top 25 collage team could kill any of the teams in that league.

nobody was interested in JP when he was a free agent,nobody even invited him in for a visit whats that tell you?

by the way how many games did they play in that league for the season 6 its a freaking joke and if you ever did watch JP play any games he was the same old JP he was in buffalo.

no pocket presence, couldnt get rid of the ball and turned the ball over constantly.

i liked JP the only problem with him IMO is between his ears. he simply does not have the IT factor you need to play QB in the NFL.

OK, you or anyone else that watched tonight's game and even a couple of LV or Florida UFL games, make your case now that those teams couldn't beat the Bills or Jets tonight or a handful of NFL teams on any given Sunday. That Bollinger or JP wouldn't be better than the likes of Kellen Clemmons or a number of QBs in the NFL. As you make your case, talk to me about the $110+ million dollar NFL payrolls compared to under $20 million for those teams.

I'll answer as to why many of the UFL players aren't on NFL rosters. There are plenty of lousy NFL GMs, scouts and coaches.

The NFL has some embarrassing teams, Bills included.

I think folks are missing the point when they try to indict the Bills leaders for spending a 1st round choice on JP (maybe so but maybe not- if it took a first round pick to guarantee landing him because other teams would take him high in the second or jump ahead of the Bills if they acquired a high #2 then so be it for getting a #1 to get him).

To me the most relevant question was whether there was another QB obviously better that we could obtain with the picks we had or could get.

I think it was pretty clear at the time that JP was a cut below the top 3 QBs in that draft (Brees, RoboQB, and one other I cannot remember who offhand) and that JP would likely have been the 1st QB taken the next year if he stayed in.

great googley moogley!!!!!!!

brees and losman were drafted in the same year?????? have i been in a coma? :sick: