Locos vs Tuskers 3PM EST

Guest dog14787

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
this was a pretty entertaining football game from the third quarter on. that being said, i dunno if any nfl teams are going to come knocking at the players that were in this game.

Jim Fassel as far as coaches go did a real good job with Losman and the Loco's, I think Losman and Bollinger could get some interest among others and I think both teams have a few players scattered throughout that did themselves some justice.

JP Losman threw some darts in that game, guys got a cannon and JP's mechanic's has improved in my opinion.

An excellent point. If people had the mentality of, "Let's scour the UFL and sign the best players we can," then obviously Bollinger's name would be a lot higher on that list than Losman's. The reason Losman's name gets heard more often on these boards than Bollinger's is because some of the fans here have been unable to let go of their emotional investment in Losman's success.

It's this kind of emotion-driven, Losman over Bollinger approach which exemplifies why Marv felt that any coach who listened to the fans would soon be up in the stands with them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I got 2 words for you...Kelly Holcomb. :lol:

Guest dog14787
....and to think I stopped watching after JP got sacked on their possession after Tuskers scored the go-ahead TD....sigh.

It kinda did bring back bad memories there for a minute huh :beer:

JP played a smart game today, something he really needed to do for his confidence. :lol:

You guys realize that the defense is extremely limited in their playcalling, right? Certain blitzes and coverages aren't allowed, making it that much easier for the QB. Losman always had a cannon; reading defenses - in addition to being inaccurate and erratic - was his problem.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I got 2 words for you...Kelly Holcomb. :lol:

The Bills didn't have an offensive line back in 2005. Under those circumstances, you need a guy who can dump it off quickly. If there's one thing Holcomb knew how to do, it was to dump off the football to avoid the sack!! The Bills' offense always produced at least 14 points a game when Holcomb took all the snaps; which isn't too shabby for a team that didn't have an offensive line.

My hope was for the Bills to use Holcomb as their stopgap quarterback while they drafted/developed his replacement. That would have entailed giving up on JP a little earlier than most people wanted.

The year before Parcells became GM, the Dolphins used a second round pick on some quarterback of the future. In the first year as head coach, Parcells signed Pennington to be his veteran/stopgap QB, and used a second round pick to take Henne. The quarterback of the future from the year before got left out in the cold.

Under my plan, Holcomb would have been our Chad Pennington, the Bills' early QB pick would have been our Henne, and Losman would have been our version of whichever QB Parcells gave up on. The main difference is that I would have been willing--even eager--to use a first round pick on a QB, assuming there was a guy there worth taking when we picked.

17-17 going into overtime, each team gets a possession.

Three things I like about the UFL:

1. They are not trying to go toe to toe with the NFL. They know they can't possibly win that fight, so they are trying to position themselves as something like a AAA or AA baseball league

2. I like the college-style replay system. The NFL system just takes way too much time

3. The overtime rules make so much sense, why can't the NFL do something similar?