Rico

This Week's Ratings

1 (with a bullet). Drew Bledsoe

2. Izell Reese

3. Coy Wire

4. Mike Pucillo

(borderline) Pierson Prioleau

122908[/snapback]

London Fletcher. Call me crazy but I have a feeling that he isn't the team leader that he's made out to be. I would also say Eric Moulds. These are the supposed leaders on this team and by the looks of things the past couple of years, this team has absolutely no direction. Call it a hunch but both of these guys could be gone by draft day 2005.

This Week's Ratings

1 (with a bullet). Drew Bledsoe

2. Izell Reese

3. Coy Wire

4. Mike Pucillo

(borderline) Pierson Prioleau

122908[/snapback]

Posey

Lawrence Smith

Prioleau

Players that will be gone:

Moulds

Jennings

Maybe Edwards

Maybe Pat Williams

Maybe Price

London Fletcher. Call me crazy but I have a feeling that he isn't the team leader that he's made out to be. I would also say Eric Moulds. These are the supposed leaders on this team and by the looks of things the past couple of years, this team has absolutely no direction. Call it a hunch but both of these guys could be gone by draft day 2005.

122926[/snapback]

Hey there mr. Crazy!

Guest Guest_rolly_*

122926[/snapback]

Are you nuts??

Fletcher is the quarterback of our 5th ranked defense and he is ranked 2nd in the league in tackles. You remove him from the defense, you will see quite a drop in productivity.

And Moulds. Well Moulds is what he is. He'll get you 75 catches a year. He'll be solid, and always be a good option at WR. Take him away, and you wont have that go-to-guy in important situations. Evans I think will be good eventually but I think he needs at least one more year under moulds.

Hey there mr. Crazy!

122951[/snapback]

Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I like LF and EM but I just don't see the leadership on this team. It is also possible that DB's leadership role on this team is like a cinder block tied to a feather and dumped in the ocean. He is taking everyone down with him, I don't know but something needs to be done to address the leadership issue one way or another!!

Guest guestimation

I think moulds will be traded. it won't be popular, but it might be smart.

if the bills trade travis henry and and Bledsoe AND eric moulds for a player and a first round pick, or a first and 4th or something like that, it would be good for the Bills in the end.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, but I do think this team needs to spend a high pick on a new FS prospect, or acquire a FS in FA.

Izelle won't be here next season, and coy is merely a ST player and a backup SS at best. Not big on drafting a lineman early when we can be players in FA. We need a C and LG and hopefully we'll be able to extend Jennings, who's one of the most underrated BIlls of all time.

I also think the Bills MUST trade or release Bledsoe. Don't even think of keeping him around as a backup. There's nothing scarier than a COLD Bledsoe.

Bring in a Dilfer guy and another middle-to late-round QB prospect to develop under losman. Garrard might be an intriguing prospect, if his value remains low.

hopefully we'll be able to extend Jennings, who's one of the most underrated BIlls of all time.

Bring in a Dilfer guy and another middle-to late-round QB prospect to develop under losman. Garrard might be an intriguing prospect, if his value remains low.

123021[/snapback]

1. Jennings one of the most underrated Bills of all time??? :lol:

2. QB prospect to develop UNDER LOSMAN?? :D

I want some of what your smoking.

if the bills trade travis henry and and Bledsoe AND eric moulds for a player and a first round pick, or a first and 4th or something like that, it would be good for the Bills in the end.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, but I do think this team needs to spend a high pick on a new FS prospect, or acquire a FS in FA.

Izelle won't be here next season, and coy is merely a ST player and a backup SS at best. Not big on drafting a lineman early when we can be players in FA. We need a C and LG and hopefully we'll be able to extend Jennings, who's one of the most underrated BIlls of all time.

I also think the Bills MUST trade or release Bledsoe. Don't even think of keeping him around as a backup. There's nothing scarier than a COLD Bledsoe.

123021[/snapback]

you've got to be kidding. moulds is on pace for over 90 catches and 9-10 tds, is one of the better receivers in the league, and plays hurt. that's that wrong plan. getting better never means getting rid of your best players. he's not the problem; rather, he's key to any potential solution.

I think that you can not fall in love with players, you wish that certain ones could stay forever. But you have to look in todays salary cap NFL,at what each player costs and what they will be able to do in the future as well as now.

Are Moulds, Milloy and others worth the money now or next year. What is the upside of keeping them. NE won 2 SBs without anyone nearly as good as Moulds. Could we use his cap money to upgrade positions If not we keep him , if so he is gone. We are 3-6 with what we have now, it is not working

Travis Henry needs to be gone. He's a mess upstairs and doesn't have much up there to work with in the first place.

123010[/snapback]

What do you as problematic about the way Henry has handled his demotion because WM is a better player. He has struck me as being far from the cancer that many pro athletes can be in this situatiion and that he has said and done the right things to date.

Even to the extent he is a "mess upstairs" (though I'm not sure his seemingly complete inability to manage his finances makes him a mess) the Bills acually gained an advantage from this as he signed a one year extension on his deal for some upfront cash which has allowed us to bring WM along slowly (with good results) and potentially recoup something from getting rid of him in trade.

I think he can make more $ getting traded and probably will get nore vocal to force a trade as next season approaches, but if he were going to play the same role of silence as a former Pro Bowl back-up RB to WM, I'd have no problem keeping him.

Someone's gotta back JP up, &

Drew must leave town ASAP.

123041[/snapback]

Bledsoe does need to go, but not until after June 2005 as a cap casualty so his bonus can be distributed over 3 seasons. It appears he is a $6+ million cap hit to stay (reasonable for a starting quality QB, but Bledsoe's play has not since late 2002 starter quality and likely will never be starter quality for the Bills), $4 million + if he is gone ASAP, and $3 million + if heis held and released as a cap casualty.

The million dollar difference in cap hit will determine whether our new players are long risk guys on the way out like Robinson at LB and Jenkins at S, or recent Pro Bowlers like Adams or Milloy (they are also on their way out but certainly more credble risks).

I think having Drew out ASAU (as soon as useful) makes a lot more sense than ASAP.

I think that you can not fall in love with players, you wish that certain ones could stay forever. But you have to look in todays salary cap NFL,at what each player costs and what they will be able to do in the future as well as now.

Are Moulds, Milloy and others worth the money now or next year. What is the upside of keeping them. NE won 2 SBs without anyone nearly as good as Moulds. Could we use his cap money to upgrade positions If not we keep him , if so he is gone. We are 3-6 with what we have now, it is not working

123108[/snapback]

but moulds is clearly not the problem, and he's not showing signs of decline. in fact, he was the only guy scoring touchdowns in the first 4 games. he's still the same sort of player as terrell owens, and if you put him in the right sort of situation - i.e., the last 2 times the bills had competent passing games (1998 and 2002) - and he's a tremendous asset to the team. look at this way: the rams stunk up through 1998, and isaac bruce had been on the teams since 1993-1994. he was good all of that time. keeping him turned out to be a far better choice than ripping everything up and starting over. a similar thing could be said about marvin harrison. from 1996-1998, the colts were absolutely terrible, yet look at where they are now. conversely, the eagles (who coveted moulds before he was resigned by the bills in 2001), struggled for years without a receiver like moulds. they finally got one, and look at where they are now.

OK, all you armchair GM's... So you cut or trade Drew, Henry, Moulds, Jennings, Fletcher, etc...

Remember this: Football is a BUSINESS! Who is going to buy tickets to see this team if we DUMP everyone in the hopes of rebuilding this team from the ground up. We need an infusion of new veteran blood, not a complete transfusion.

This team is 1 or 2 players away from being a VERY GOOD football team. We have a solid D (New England game asside,) with strong veteran leadership. Our problems are with the offensive offense. We add one stud offensive lineman and replace DB and we have a much better offense. If we could put up 21 points a game on offense, we would win the majority of our games. Throw in a few points here and there on D or Special Teams and you've got a solid playoff team.