Other HC Canidates

BillsFan74

Assuming we don't get Shanahan what other coaches would be acceptable? I think a top DC and OC along with a better HC could be as good as a Shanahan type coach. fire away. Another possibility is hiring Jeff Ireland as GM and let him take the football operations.

Head Coaches:

1. Russ Grimm

2. Brian Billick

3. Leslie Frasier

4. Perry Fewell

5. Jason Garrett

OC:

1.Charlie Weiss

2. Jim Fassell

3. Marc Trestman

4. Mike Martz

DC:

1. Romeo Crennel

2. Ted Cotrell

3.???

Crennel would be a solid DC to have...

Why not Billick at 1? considering the Bills want above all a proven winner, and he does have a ring

Charlie Weiss wouldnt be bad either - theres a lot of talk hes done at ND

no way should the bills have Martz in any capacity - the guys non-commitment to the run is out of style and does not work

It starting to look more and more like Jim Haslett is going to be the guy.

With all these high profile guys turning down Buffalo, Ralph might not have a choice but to go after Haslett. Provided he doesn't turn down Ralph either.

I sure hope not. He had very good talent in New Orleans and could not win with them. What's he going to do with Buffalo?!

Assuming we don't get Shanahan what other coaches would be acceptable? I think a top DC and OC along with a better HC could be as good as a Shanahan type coach. fire away. Another possibility is hiring Jeff Ireland as GM and let him take the football operations.

Head Coaches:

1. Russ Grimm

2. Brian Billick

3. Leslie Frasier

4. Perry Fewell

5. Jason Garrett

OC:

1.Charlie Weiss

2. Jim Fassell

3. Marc Trestman

4. Mike Martz

DC:

1. Romeo Crennel

2. Ted Cotrell

3.???

These HC candidates leave a lot to be desired in the "proven winner" category. Billick is the only one who has won and the Ravens did that in spite of his offensive genius, not because of it.

The OC candidates are all strong. I'd take any of the 4, especially Martz or Weiss.

I think we should try and keep as much of our defensive staff as possible, including Fewell. The defensive coaching has been pretty good, IMO. They need a couple more players and fewer injuries...

It starting to look more and more like Jim Haslett is going to be the guy.

With all these high profile guys turning down Buffalo, Ralph might not have a choice but to go after Haslett. Provided he doesn't turn down Ralph either.

How on gods green earth does Jim Haslett even deserve an interview?

Haslett, 7 years HC, 1 division champ, 47-61, MINUS 14 games under .500!!!! record and only went to the playoffs his first year, which means the team was already good. His last season at NO he went 3-13, then as interim in St Louis 2-10. He sucks

You may as well rehire Dick Jauron for what you will get with Haslett...

Haslett, 7 years HC, 1 division champ, 47-61, MINUS 14 games under .500!!!! record and only went to the playoffs his first year, which means the team was already good. His last season at NO he went 3-13, then as interim in St Louis 2-10. He sucks

This is all true. Haslett is a bum.

Sounds a lot like Jauron's qualifications...

Some other names:

Rumor has it Chicago may fire Lovie Smith.

Fohn Fox is on the hot seat.

Jeff Fisher maybe gets fired by the nut, Bud Adams. He fired Bum Phillips after 2 straight heartbreakers to Pitt in the AFC championship. So there's some history there.

Bill Callahan is an assistant for the Jets I think it is.

Dan Reeves has played/coached in 9 Super Bowls (NFL record) and is presently unemployed and only 65 years old.

All 5 of these men have coached in Super Bowls. Any would be a huge step up for us if we can't get anything better.

Head Coaches:

1. Russ Grimm

2. Brian Billick

3. Leslie Frasier

4. Perry Fewell

5. Jason Garrett

OC:

1.Charlie Weiss

2. Jim Fassell

3. Marc Trestman

4. Mike Martz

DC:

1. Romeo Crennel

2. Ted Cotrell

3.???

My list would include Jim Harbaugh as a head coaching candidate.

Also, Trestman would be at the top of my list for OC. I would be alright with Fassel. He has very solid credentials. I want no part at all of the other two OC candidates on your list. Weiss is a total mediocrity. That's obvious when you look at his resume. Martz is a kookie flake. He'd need a very strong HC to reign him in.

Not for nothing but look at the division he was in, the NFC South Buc's-Falcons-Saints-Panthers. Does anybody truly think he can compete with Bill Belichick?

Bill Belichiclet's mother could out-coach Hazzlitt. You guys are quickly descending into the schlubbo category for a coach... unfortunately, I believe you will be correct. :thumbsup:

My list would include Jim Harbaugh as a head coaching candidate.

Also, Trestman would be at the top of my list for OC. I would be alright with Fassel. He has very solid credentials. I want no part at all of the other two OC candidates on your list. Weiss is a total mediocrity. That's obvious when you look at his resume. Martz is a kookie flake. He'd need a very strong HC to reign him in.

Trestman runs the dreaded WC offense....It just doesn't seem suitable with the personnel we have....We have been trying that crap for the last ten years since Greg Williams brought in his OC and it has been all downhill except for the years with Gilbride.

I say go out and hire a top ranked GM....a Dan Reeves, Bill Parcells (rumor is he in unhappy with new ownership and has an out clause in his contract) , move stupid Brandon back to marketing which he does well ie Toronto that screwed US!!! and let the new gm hire the coach.....

I say go out and hire a top ranked GM....a Dan Reeves, Bill Parcells (rumor is he in unhappy with new ownership and has an out clause in his contract) , move stupid Brandon back to marketing which he does well ie Toronto that screwed US!!! and let the new gm hire the coach.....

You do realize that the Toronto deal and possible subsequent deals may be one of the major factors for a new ownership group keeping the Bills in Buffalo, don't you?

Head Coaches:

1. Russ Grimm

2. Brian Billick

3. Leslie Frasier

4. Perry Fewell

5. Jason Garrett

OC:

1.Charlie Weiss

2. Jim Fassell

3. Marc Trestman

4. Mike Martz

DC:

1. Romeo Crennel

2. Ted Cotrell

3.???

Russ Grimm would a tough hard nosed guy...I think Buffalo would like him...

You do realize that the Toronto deal and possible subsequent deals may be one of the major factors for a new ownership group keeping the Bills in Buffalo, don't you?

so what will we get 4 games in Buffalo? and 2 in Toronto, 1 in England and 1 in China????