Other HC Canidates

BillsFan74

I say go out and hire a top ranked GM....a Dan Reeves, Bill Parcells (rumor is he in unhappy with new ownership and has an out clause in his contract) , move stupid Brandon back to marketing which he does well ie Toronto that screwed US!!! and let the new gm hire the coach.....

you really missed my point...who would you rather have hiring the coach...a Parcells or a Reeves....or Ralph and Russ???? pretty simple in my mind....

Let be realistic here people. Parcells and Reeves dont want anything to do with Buffalo. Hopefully they will bring in a GM and he will hire either a proven head coach (not that many are out there that are willing to come to Buffalo) or a proven coordinator who can play a style of football suitable to Buffalo. I like Russ Grimm but would need to see what he would bring in system wise on the O and the D. Is he a 34 guy? I assume from his days in Pitt he would not be a Tampa 2 guy. What kind of offensive system would be bring? Would it be the Arizona throw all the time offense or is he more the old Pitt style of smash mouth football?

Also who is to say a guy like Grimm would be able to develop a QB? If hes hired we would need to have some very high quality assistants. No more Turk or Perry.

How on gods green earth does Jim Haslett even deserve an interview?

Haslett, 7 years HC, 1 division champ, 47-61, MINUS 14 games under .500!!!! record and only went to the playoffs his first year, which means the team was already good. His last season at NO he went 3-13, then as interim in St Louis 2-10. He sucks

You may as well rehire Dick Jauron for what you will get with Haslett...

THANK YOU for posting this. I totally agree...I am amazed how his name keeps coming up... He is not even an above average defensive coordinator let alone head coach.

THANK YOU for posting this. I totally agree...I am amazed how his name keeps coming up... He is not even an above average defensive coordinator let alone head coach.

Not to mention Haslett's accusations of steroid abuse by the Bills, or that Kent Hull would probably beat the crap outa Haslett if the two ever ran into each other at OBD! :thumbdown:

"I played with a guy who came into the league, he came out of the USFL," Haslett said. "He was 270 (pounds), and he would never have made our team if he didn't get up to 300. The linemen got him together, got him a little supplemental pill for the week, and he got up to about 305 and made our team. And he's probably one of the all-time great players in Bills history."

The words were barely out of Haslett's mouth before Hull called him, demanding answers. It would have been one thing if Haslett's information was accurate, but he wasn't even close. Hull's weight was never listed above 284, but during his career he often said that his weight was really closer to 265.

--from Buffalo News archives--