[please fix subject]

DarthICE

'Follow the owner, follow the QUARTERBACK, and you will find out where Shanahan will go'.

Again, lets start looking for a damn good GM and let him bring in a staff and HC. I just don't see the Bills being attractive to any of the top 'name' coaches.

Now I am not saying that is a bad thing, I am just thinking it is what it is.

'Follow the owner, follow the QUARTERBACK, and you will find out where Shanahan will go'.

Again, lets start looking for a damn good GM and let him bring in a staff and HC. I just don't see the Bills being attractive to any of the top 'name' coaches.

The money seems to be right (If that 10 million a year mark is right) and the owner seems to be willing to give up control to Shanny as well. Also Shanny is an egomaniac which means the challenge could be enticing to him. I don't know if Shanny will come here or not. BUT I do know that they are doing everything they can to land him which is an encouraging sign.

Also because we are looking for Shanny as HC and GM doesn't mean we are not looking for a GM as well.

The QB that our next coach will start isn't on the team. So, if a coach feels that the right guy will be available where we draft or is willing to trade up, or cooks up some trade to get a veteran, why would our current group of QBs deter him from coming? I'd think the QB situation on a lot of other teams, where if the new coach didn't like the guy and couldn't get rid of him due to cap constraints, would be a lot bigger detriment than a team that can cheaply jettison the guys they have. If a guy wants total control, he's going to get rid of a lot of players, QBs included.

The QB that our next coach will start isn't on the team. So, if a coach feels that the right guy will be available where we draft or is willing to trade up, or cooks up some trade to get a veteran, why would our current group of QBs deter him from coming? I'd think the QB situation on a lot of other teams, where if the new coach didn't like the guy and couldn't get rid of him due to cap constraints, would be a lot bigger detriment than a team that can cheaply jettison the guys they have. If a guy wants total control, he's going to get rid of a lot of players, QBs included.

Agreed, & who does Washington have at QB that is so enticing?

I'd like to think a guy like shannahan would enjoy the challenge of coming to buffalo and making the bills a competitor again, not only as a head coach, but also sharing GM duties with Russ. I think thats also what Russ and Ralph have in mind and is why they went after him, holmgren, and cowher who would all have the same roll

That is one thing that could make the Buffalo job enticing for someone who wants total control - not a lot of contracts where you'd incur a salary cap hit for cutting them, so whoever is running the show would have a free hand to bring in his own players. Even Schobel and Kelsay are getting on in their contracts so I don't think there would be too much of a hit to get rid of them if desired. The recent big contracts/extensions I can think of are Evans, McGee, Stroud, but no others really spring to mind.

Or Chicago lol

Maybe it's just me but I still question how good Cutler is. I know he doesn't have a lot to work with there in terms of receivers but he has made some extremely questionable throws in the last few games.

Remember when we wanted him so badly? The results would have been even worse here.