If the draft were today

Astrobot

If the draft was Friday...  

94 members have voted

1. 1. In what order would you draft these 3 positions?

• OL, QB, then DL
    • QB, OL, then DL
    • DL, QB, then OL

I need to see if there's a majority opinion about when to draft an offensive lineman, quarterback, and defensive lineman in the draft.

I think we get an OLB in free agency, so I didn't include linebacker. Because of the uncertainty along the O-line, I didn't say "Left Tackle" or "Right Guard" or "Center" for now.

We'll be doing our 6th mock draft to appear Friday on www.DraftTek.com. You'll like the results.

Thanks for your opinions!

Astro

Bills Correspondent

DraftTek

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on where we are slotted at. You take Suh if he's available. It also depends of what we're able to get in FA, what direction we're going on both sides of the ball, and who the coach will be. We could end up taking Cody if we're going to a 3-4 next year. The only QB I would even consider in the topt 10 is Clausen, if he even decides to enter the draft this year. We need help all over so I wouldn't be hurt if we addressed any of the 3 spots, unless we select Locker. I'd be ticked if we wasted our high 1st on that guy.

Depends which of the "sure-fire" studs are still there when we pick, which would be 6th, I believe, if we picked today.

So, if Suh or Okung were there, you'd take one of them. If not, then maybe Gerald McCoy or McClain or Trent Williams.

In other words, the best non-QB/WR who's there.

I would go OL-DL-Best player available OL or DL.

I think this year's QB class is greatly overrated.

Not impressed by the QB's this year. I would take offensive tackles with the first two picks especially with Woods' injury. Kick Butler back to guard and have Wood or Levitre battle for the remaining guard position. Keep Bell and Levitre as reserves ideally. Our O-line is a mess as it stands.

QB in the 1st round, because you're not getting a good one in free agency.

LB in the 2nd because we need at least 3 new ones next year, especially if switching to 3-4.

TE in the 3rd. Outside of Nelson, who is still raw, and may or may not be any good, what TE on the roster would you ever expect to see starting in a Super Bowl for the Bills?

LT will need to be addressed in FA, even if its a 1 or 2 year stopgap. Can't get the QB & LT in the same draft, would need 2 high #1s to accomplish that.

depends, but the current mock on that site sucks for us. McCoy blows and if we wanted him we could get him like in the 4th or latter.

I would be ecstatic with Colt McCoy in Rd1. He is by far the best QB in this draft and in my opinion is the surest bet to be a successful NFL QB. He is the person I desperately hope the Bills get.

I think it is easier to get a quality lineman in free agency. If you top qb is there you have to take him. We need d line man but we have to see what type of defense we will be running next season. if we are staying with the tampa 2 we need a pass rush. that is how that defense will be effective.

I would be ecstatic with Colt McCoy in Rd1. He is by far the best QB in this draft and in my opinion is the surest bet to be a successful NFL QB. He is the person I desperately hope the Bills get.

lol, the guy is a back-up QB at best. The guy never throws over 10 yards, doesn't have to make reads at Texas. Good thing you are not the GM cuz we'd be !@#$ed.

1- System QB

2-Terrible Arm Strength

3-Stares Down Targets

4-Lacks NFL Size

5-Footwork

6-Accuracy (when he throws it 10 yards down field, it's a duck and horribly inaccurate)