Opening topic on Rome is Burning

Leonidas

Did anyone see it? Jason Smith can eat my ass.

"The Buffalo Bills remind me of the freshman high school nerd who think that just because the homecoming queen isn't dating anyone she'd go to the prom with him if he asked. Ralph Wilson, please put away your pocket protector, your bug collection, your most powerful World of Warcraft character. Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan are not coming to Buffalo. Cowher turned down your overtures Monday night, and Shanahan is only meeting with you to let the rest of the NFL know he's ready to return to the sidelines. What coach who's won a Super Bowl is going to go to Buffalo where you're looking up at the Patriots for as long as Tom Brady is there, and attracting free agents to Western New York - or possibly Toronto - is harder than finding a positive story about Jon Gosselin. Small market teams like Buffalo are breeding grounds for the up and coming coordinators or hot shot college coaches looking to get in anywhere at the next level. This is where your pool of candidates will come from. Know where you are on the NFL food chain. Or just make Terrell Owens the head coach. Sure, the offense would be predictable, but it would be a lot of fun to watch 75 straight offensive plays all go to #81. 'Get your popcorn ready, we're gonna run the same play.'"

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people get so worked up about what some clown says on TV ?

It's his opinion and everyone knows what they say about opinions.

Clearly the guy did no research and just took an easy cheapshot. Did you lose your remote control? If not, turn the channel.

Did anyone see it? Jason Smith can eat my ass.

"The Buffalo Bills remind me of the freshman high school nerd who think that just because the homecoming queen isn't dating anyone she'd go to the prom with him if he asked. Ralph Wilson, please put away your pocket protector, your bug collection, your most powerful World of Warcraft character. Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan are not coming to Buffalo. Cowher turned down your overtures Monday night, and Shanahan is only meeting with you to let the rest of the NFL know he's ready to return to the sidelines. What coach who's won a Super Bowl is going to go to Buffalo where you're looking up at the Patriots for as long as Tom Brady is there, and attracting free agents to Western New York - or possibly Toronto - is harder than finding a positive story about Jon Gosselin. Small market teams like Buffalo are breeding grounds for the up and coming coordinators or hot shot college coaches looking to get in anywhere at the next level. This is where your pool of candidates will come from. Know where you are on the NFL food chain. Or just make Terrell Owens the head coach. Sure, the offense would be predictable, but it would be a lot of fun to watch 75 straight offensive plays all go to #81. 'Get your popcorn ready, we're gonna run the same play.'"

Yeah, just look at those small market backwater burbs like Green Bay and Indianapolis...they never win or attract any talent, they're practically UFL teams...everybody knows if you want to be successful in this league you've got to go to the glamorous big city powerhouses like Detroit and Washington, DC

What I'm about to say has nothing to do with Smith's opinions on the Bills: He is one of the worst sports radio hosts I have ever heard.

:rolleyes::thumbsup: 100% agreed! I thought Todd Wright (who he replaced at ESPN overnight) was the worst, but Smith wins this contest...he is awful.

EIDT: What was I thinking? Colin Cowherd is he worst.... <_<

Not much to disagree with there, except for the small market comment. Take the blinders off people.

And seriously, making fun of his wife? Stay classy Buffalo.

I agree with you on the wife part. Pretty classless (although she does have a case of swine face) :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, "not much to disagree with there"? First of all, as has been stated in several above posts, there are several successful small market teams. See Green Bay, Indianapolis, Minnesota etc... . Second of all, who is he to say no Superbowl winning coach would be interested in Buffalo. I'm sorry, if your being offered 10 million dollars, you are listening... I think some successful coaches could see this as an opportunity to bring a Franchise out of the cellar single handed.