Ted Cottrell

major

This may have already been mentioned, but why not consider hiring Ted Cottrell? In fact, I say bring Ted on board and keep Fewell as the DC.

Cottrell - employs the 3-4 scheme generally

Fewell - Cover 2, bend don't break garbage.

The defensive philosophies don't mesh well.

I wouldn't mind Teddy C as the D coordinator implementing the 3-4 scheme, but nothing more.

I wouldn't mind Teddy C as the D coordinator implementing the 3-4 scheme, but nothing more.

Not to be a jerk, but are you referring to the same Cottrell 3-4 defense that ranked last in the NFL through 6 weeks last season--which included a loss to Buffalo, a game in which Edwards completed a Buffalo Bills' record 84% of his passes and got him fired? No thanks.

No thanks to Cottrell all around. Nice guy, good LBs coach, and that's about as far as I'll go.

If Buffalo is going to go the coordinator route, better to go after Leslie Frasier or Mike Zimmer.

Jeez, they guy was fired in San Diego after getting the DC job, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he Wade Phillips DC while here in Buffalo? If so then Wade gave him a hand with the D because he stunk it up in San Diego.

Can we pls stop with the ohhh howabout this guy as next head coach crap, and hire a freaking man who is a winner?

This franchise hasn't had a championship win since the 60's, and that was in the AFL

Jeez, they guy was fired in San Diego after getting the DC job, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he Wade Phillips DC while here in Buffalo? If so then Wade gave him a hand with the D because he stunk it up in San Diego.

While I don't want big Ted as the next HC he did do a pretty good job while he was the D coordinator in Minnesota.

This may have already been mentioned, but why not consider hiring Ted Cottrell? In fact, I say bring Ted on board and keep Fewell as the DC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just barfed up breakfast

I barfed mine up too, then ate it, so I could barf again.

He hasn't done anything but go downhill since he left here the last time. It would make more sense to bring DJ back. The only productive thing he has done in years is present Bruce Smith at his HOF induction, and his speech wasn't very good. If they went as far as bring him back, the barrel would be empty, as he is without a doubt the bottom of it.