Offensive Line Free Agents for 2010

WVUFootball29

I'd go after McNeil and Trueblood with all out effort. McNeil has somewhat struggled this year, but would still be a massive improvement over what we have. In '06 he only allowed 5 sacks for the whole season. At Auburn he went a season without giving up a sack. Trueblood is a RT with a mean streak. He finishes blocks and you often see him downfield looking to hit someone else after the first block.

I say pick up these two and slide Butler back inside to RG. It's almost certain that Wood will not be able to play in 2010 from what I'm hearing and Butler played fairly well at RG. We would have a starting OL of McNeil, Levitre, Hangartner, Butler, and Trueblood. Massive improvement. :wallbash:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember CHRIS KELSAY beating Trueblood many times in our matchup vrs the Bucs. If he cant block CHRIS KELSAY, who the f*ck can he block?

+1 if were gonna sign a Tackle from the Bucs I much rather have Donald Penn.

We obviously need tackles the most, but what about guards. We could add a guard, leave Butler at T, and Wood can play centerif/when he comes back. Two of footballs top Gs will be hitting FA. Jahri Evans of the Saints is a great run blocker I guess (we need maulers) and its a great G, onyl 26. Logan Mankins form the Pats* is a great all around G, only 27 - two birds one stone.

McNiel and one of those two would be nice.

Does anyone have an update on Butler? How is his Knee coming? Will he be availibe next season?

i think we see levitre move to lt and brad returns to rt, wood at g and hang at c, then sign another guard and a quality tackle, i think bell could be good with a good bulk in the offseason and some coaching to get rid of those penaltys

i would grab 1 of the pats og's Stephen Neal/Logan Mankins

I wouldn't be adverse to bringing Barron in. He seems to be playing decently this year. And he has the most physical talent of every lineman on that list.

I'd argue McNeil has more physical talent but I don't know about Barron, he has played very well this year but the guy is good for at least two fall starts a game.

Took a few minutes this afternoon to find some of the bigger name talent at offensive tackle who will be a free agent next year. The talent is out there for the taking, but it is going to cost some serious cash to lure some of these guys away from their current teams.

LT Alex Barron St. Louis

LT Jermon Bushrod New Orleans RFA

LT Chad Clifton Green Bay

LT Jared Gaither Baltimore RFA

LT Mike Gandy Arizona

LT Marcus McNeill San Diego

LT Michael Roos Tennessee

RT Cornell Green Oakland

RT Stephon Heyer Washington

RT Winston Justice Philadelphia

RT Jeremy Trueblood Tampa Bay

RT Eric Winston Houston

RT Tyson Clabo Atlanta

LT would be my primary focus this year as D.Bell still needs a lot of work and a math tutor to teach him to count past 1. My favorites in order are: Bushrod, Gaither, Clifton, Roos. The tough part here is that Bushrod are going to cost at least a 1st round pick and most likely a 1st and a 3rd.

Take of winston justice he just signed and 18.5 million$ exstension :rolleyes:

Better than 2 a series with Bell.

its really about the same.....not that Wikipedia is the most reliable source but from Barron's Wiki page:

In some seasons, he has had more false start penalties than other teams' entire offensive lines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Barron_(American_football)

• 4 weeks later...
Take of winston justice he just signed and 18.5 million$ exstension :ph34r:

Just another reminder of how stupid our front office was/is:

2006-could have drafted Winston Justice or Marcus McNeill, and the Bills picked...John McCargo (even traded up for him). Thank Marv for that brilliant move.

As much as I'd like to have Bushrod, it'd probably be a bad idea to go after the RFA. If we traded Jason Peters for a 1st, 4th and 6th, why would we want to give up a 1st and a 3rd?

Just another reminder of how stupid our front office was/is:

2006-could have drafted Winston Justice or Marcus McNeill, and the Bills picked...John McCargo (even traded up for him). Thank Marv for that brilliant move.

As much as I'd like to have Bushrod, it'd probably be a bad idea to go after the RFA. If we traded Jason Peters for a 1st, 4th and 6th, why would we want to give up a 1st and a 3rd?

Levy's drafts were head scratchers. This is not hindsight either, 2006 I distinctly remember watching the draft & when they said Buffalo traded up Iam like, sweet, they are either going to take Justice or Mangold. Nope, McCargo was not even on anybody's board in the first round. With the 8th pick I am like sweet, we are either going to get Ngatta/Cutler/Leinart, nope wrong again, we get little Donte Whitner. F*ck you Marv, thanks for setting the franchise back another 20 years.

Took a few minutes this afternoon to find some of the bigger name talent at offensive tackle who will be a free agent next year. The talent is out there for the taking, but it is going to cost some serious cash to lure some of these guys away from their current teams.

LT Alex Barron St. Louis

LT Jermon Bushrod New Orleans RFA

LT Chad Clifton Green Bay

LT Jared Gaither Baltimore RFA

LT Mike Gandy Arizona

LT Marcus McNeill San Diego

LT Michael Roos Tennessee

RT Cornell Green Oakland

RT Stephon Heyer Washington

RT Winston Justice Philadelphia

RT Jeremy Trueblood Tampa Bay

RT Eric Winston Houston

RT Tyson Clabo Atlanta

LT would be my primary focus this year as D.Bell still needs a lot of work and a math tutor to teach him to count past 1. My favorites in order are: Bushrod, Gaither, Clifton, Roos. The tough part here is that Bushrod are going to cost at least a 1st round pick and most likely a 1st and a 3rd.

Did you watch Bushrod Saturday against Dallas? He got beat consistently, got flagged and almsot single handedly cost the Saints that game. He was putrid. But still is better than any left tackle we currently have. So sad.

Did you watch Bushrod Saturday against Dallas? He got beat consistently, got flagged and almsot single handedly cost the Saints that game. He was putrid. But still is better than any left tackle we currently have. So sad.

Bushrod also got abused by Schobel when they played us. People need to realize that Brees makes that line look way better than it actually is.

Levy's drafts were head scratchers. This is not hindsight either, 2006 I distinctly remember watching the draft & when they said Buffalo traded up Iam like, sweet, they are either going to take Justice or Mangold. Nope, McCargo was not even on anybody's board in the first round. With the 8th pick I am like sweet, we are either going to get Ngatta/Cutler/Leinart, nope wrong again, we get little Donte Whitner. F*ck you Marv, thanks for setting the franchise back another 20 years.

I have disliked almost every first round pick of the Bills, but none bothered me as much as the Whitner pick. It was a solid draft and the two inept people running our team spurned numerous trade down offers. They simply HAD to draft Lil Donte. Between this, and getting fleeced for McCargo, they could have drafted Nagata, Joseph, or Mangold, and Jeremy Trueblood, AND had an extra 2nd.

The followed up this mess with an early 3rd on Youboty. They entered day 1 with the #8 , a second rounder and two early 3rds. They walked away with Whitner, McCargo and Youboty. This is franchise killing at it's feeble minded best.

Not sickening enough? An early 4th was wasted on Ko Simpson.

Sadly you are right; this draft will haunt us for many years.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember CHRIS KELSAY beating Trueblood many times in our matchup vrs the Bucs. If he cant block CHRIS KELSAY, who the f*ck can he block?

If you're still pounding the "Kelsay sucks" drum, then you must be stuck in 2007.

Get with the program.

I think you have to go after OLB, D-Line, a veteran QB, and Depth at O-line in free agency. Then in the draft go out and draft the best LT available and hope Butler and Wood come back from injury. Then in the second round draft an impact front 7 player to help the run D a bit.

Free Agent Targets- Chad Pennington, Derrick Johnson, Jason Fergueson, Vonnie Holiday, and resign Chris Draft, Kendal Simmons, and Richie Incognito. Pennington brings a professional QB who can teach Brohm, Derrick Johnson can play OLB in a 4-3 very well, Holiday and Ferguson add a big nastyness to the D-Line. All 4 guys are realistic options. Resigning Draft brings depth to the linebacking core while resigning Simmons and Incognito brings depth to the O-Line and insurance in case Wood can't come back right away.

I have disliked almost every first round pick of the Bills, but none bothered me as much as the Whitner pick. It was a solid draft and the two inept people running our team spurned numerous trade down offers. They simply HAD to draft Lil Donte. Between this, and getting fleeced for McCargo, they could have drafted Nagata, Joseph, or Mangold, and Jeremy Trueblood, AND had an extra 2nd.

The followed up this mess with an early 3rd on Youboty. They entered day 1 with the #8 , a second rounder and two early 3rds. They walked away with Whitner, McCargo and Youboty. This is franchise killing at it's feeble minded best.

Not sickening enough? An early 4th was wasted on Ko Simpson.

Sadly you are right; this draft will haunt us for many years.

What were they thinking, when you really break it down, it is mind boggling how these idiots operated a football team.