Can We All Agree That If Shanahan

BuffaloBaumer

I can't imagine why any experienced coach would agree to a deal now without pursuing the other potential openings. Not because it's Buffalo, but because they want to look at several options.

I do think that if Ralph makes some noise among the higher profile coaching candidates soon that you might see other teams launch their coaches before the end of the year so that they aren't late to the coach hiring party.

Actually, this offseason there will be a lot of proven and talented HC's available as well as some red hot assitants but there wont be that many openings. Probably looking at about 5 HC job openings give or take 1 or 2 with 15 top HC candidates available from proven HC, SB winning HC, sure fire HOF HC's and red hot assistant HC's.

So, there is your incentive right there...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And He leaves without a contract or verbal agreement, conversation is over as far as him being head coach. Cowher already said he was waiting until end of year to see options, Holmgren (leaning towards Cleveland..who knows).

Obviously Shanahan is not picking Buffalo at the end of the year when these other cities come into play. Ralph WILL throw the kitchen sink at this guy this week and we just have to pray that it sways Shanny to take the job. This has to happen this week. I think all the eggs are in this basket!

Like others, I disagree. If we are so undesireable Shannahan wouldnt be coming in the first place, he would have respectfully declined. Instead, not only is he coming, but he's interested in what we have to say. If there is interest, then there is a chance.

Dallas and Washington as pointed out have history on their side, but honestly, someone like Shannahan or Cowher are not going to be as excited about Dallas as some may think. They will have far less control than they want and a owner that meddles more than they will want. Lots of people dont really respect Snyder in Washington either or how he runs that team.

So why I see Was and Dallas being the two more attractive options in terms of history, I dont necessairly see them as being as attractive to some of the bigger name coaches who will want a lot of control or have egos that wont appreciate the level of owner involvement those teams have.

Buffalo is a lot more attractive than many people think, especially given how much young talent we have on this team. We are honestly a good QB away from being competitive and if we can shore up the O Line and add some depth to this team we would be quite dangerous. We are not as far off as Bills fans of this board like to think, and I am sure these other coaches see that.

Per Sullivan on WGR this afternoon, he spoke to an NFL guy who spoke directly

to Shanny last week. Shanny stated he isn't interested in Buffalo, but will come

in and listen.

FWIW

Yeah, but often I go into a Costa Rican strip point without any intention of bringing a stripper upstairs. Then, a few shots of tequila later, a few minutes of them flirting and sticking their tongue in my ear, and I'm upstairs with one of them. And out $100 and usually another $15 for a glass of champagne just cuz she asked in the heat of the moment. Stupid, stupid.

The point is, it doesn't matter what Shanny's intention is going in. Ralph needs to seal the deal, even if it means tequila shots and sticking his tongue in Shanny's ear.

Actually, they wouldn't. A big reason why I think Perry was promoted over April was precisely to avoid that. If the Bills hire Shanny now, they can make a compelling case that they gave Perry more than an interview. They gave him the job.

I believe that is not hot it works with the NFL. Didn't the NFL force the Rams to not allow them to hire Haslett without giving an interview to a minority candidate.

I believe that is not hot it works with the NFL. Didn't the NFL force the Rams to not allow them to hire Haslett without giving an interview to a minority candidate.

The point is the Bills ARE interviewing Perry as we speak. So they cleared that hurdle the moment they made him their "interim" coach.

It's why April was passed over.

Yeah, but often I go into a Costa Rican strip point without any intention of bringing a stripper upstairs. Then, a few shots of tequila later, a few minutes of them flirting and sticking their tongue in my ear, and I'm upstairs with one of them. And out $100 and usually another $15 for a glass of champagne just cuz she asked in the heat of the moment. Stupid, stupid.

The point is, it doesn't matter what Shanny's intention is going in. Ralph needs to seal the deal, even if it means tequila shots and sticking his tongue in Shanny's ear.

:)

Nice analogy!

They would just have to pay a fine. It was done before in Detroit.

That was in 2003 or 04 and it was $200,000. The price now might be a first round pick. The only option is to interview a minority candidate, or hire a current assistant. I'm thinking we're holding an interview. Perry's audition is not an interview, but he could be interviewed at any time.