Michael Vick just wins

Pete

Atlanta is 18-8-1 the last 3 years when Michael Vick plays.  They are 2-9 when he doesnt.  See what a difference a good QB makes?  I know, Vicks stats are not all that but he only stat that matters is wins and losses

122499[/snapback]

Or put another way, Atlanta is 18-8-1 when their starter starts and 2-9 when the backup starts.

Atlanta is 18-8-1 the last 3 years when Michael Vick plays.  They are 2-9 when he doesnt.  See what a difference a good QB makes?  I know, Vicks stats are not all that but he only stat that matters is wins and losses

122499[/snapback]

His team is playing well now, and of course he's always fun to watch. Just curious, when was the last big game Vick won?

Here's a hint - he played for the Hampton Crabbers at the time.

His team is playing well now, and of course he's always fun to watch.  Just curious, when was the last big game Vick won?

122598[/snapback]

Didn't he win a playoff game in Green Bay a couple years ago? I'd call that a big game.

Or put another way, Atlanta is 18-8-1 when their starter starts and 2-9 when the backup starts.

122591[/snapback]

Or to put it another way- The 2001 Pats were 0-2 when their starter-Drew Bledsoe started. They were 14-3 when their backup started and won the Superbowl

His team is playing well now, and of course he's always fun to watch.  Just curious, when was the last big game Vick won?

122598[/snapback]

wrong-

I would say beating Green Bay in the playoffs at Lambeau in December is big time!

wrong-

I would say beating Green Bay in the playoffs at Lambeau in December is big time!

122608[/snapback]

Wow. The Falcons D held the Packers to 7 points. Super.

While I probably wasn't clear in my point, the guy has a well-deserved reputation for falling flat when his team needs him to make the big play in big games. He really hasn't made big plays in big games when his team needed him since he was in high school.

Wow.  The Falcons D held the Packers to 7 points.  Super. 

While I probably wasn't clear in my point, the guy has a well-deserved reputation for falling flat when his team needs him to make the big play in big games.  He really hasn't made big plays in big games when his team needed him since he was in high school.

122618[/snapback]

If our D held the Pats to 7 points last week we still would of lost. A win is a win. Lambeau is tough to play and we all know Drew sucks ass especially on the road. How do you think Drew would do in a December playoff game at Lambeau? Think he could beat 7 points?

If our D held the Pats to 7 points last week we still would of lost.  A win is a win.  Lambeau is tough to play and we all know Drew sucks ass especially on the road.  How do you think Drew would do in a December playoff game at Lambeau?  Think he could beat 7 points?

122620[/snapback]

He put on a real show at Lambeau in 2002. :)

While I probably wasn't clear in my point, the guy has a well-deserved reputation for falling flat when his team needs him to make the big play in big games.  He really hasn't made big plays in big games when his team needed him since he was in high school.

122618[/snapback]

He has a reputation for losing big games? Since when? Which 'big games' has he failed in (you know, since a playoff game in Green Bay apparently doesn't count)?

You obviously didn't watch much VA Tech football either. He was 20-1 as a starter, led them to an undefeated regular season and the national championship game as a freshman and did everything possible against a superior Fla St team(tell us how well his defense did for him in THAT game). His only other college loss was to Miami (the D gave up 41 that day).

Yeah, Vick sucks. :):w00t:

He has a reputation for losing big games?  Since when?  Which 'big games' has he failed in (you know, since a playoff game in Green Bay apparently doesn't count)?

You obviously didn't watch much VA Tech football either.  He was 20-1 as a starter, led them to an undefeated regular season and the national championship game as a freshman and did everything possible against a superior Fla St team(tell us how well his defense did for him in THAT game).  His only other college loss was to Miami (the D gave up 41 that day).

Yeah, Vick sucks.  :)  :w00t:

122625[/snapback]

I never said he sucks, did I?

You don't have to agree, but in this area (his hometown), he has a reputation for not pulling out the W's in big games.

BTW: I live in VA Tech country so I saw more than a couple of their games, and most here believed the Tech D was among the best in the country, and their special teams was the best in the country.

Can Peyton play defense?

Enough with blaming Peyton's defense. Because of his enormous contract, as well as the enormous contracts of his never-ending supply of outstanding offenseive weapons, the Colts simply don't have money to spend on defense. It is his fault that the defense is the way it is, and he should be expected to overcome it. We shall see if he ever manages to.

122618[/snapback]

did he stiff you for an autograph or something...he won a freaking playoff game in Lambeau field....THE ONLY TIME IN PACKERS PLAYOFF HISTORY THEY HAVE LOST A GAME THERE.....

did he stiff you for an autograph or something...he won a freaking playoff game in Lambeau field....THE ONLY TIME IN PACKERS PLAYOFF HISTORY THEY HAVE LOST A GAME THERE.....

122635[/snapback]

:)

Actually I ran into him at a Wachovia in Hampton. Really nice guy. We had a 4-6 minute chat while in line (suprisingly, only one other person recognized him), mostly about his cousin (Aaron Brooks) and his charity event scheduled for the following week. He's a really cool guy, and I'm a fan of his.

But unless you're playing Buffalo in New England, everytime your D holds the opponent to 7 points, you should win. Vick didn't win that game, his D did.

And that takes us back to my original post in this thread. He has a rep for not being able to make the big play in a big game.