Michael Vick just wins

Pete

Based on what?

122644[/snapback]

:)

I dunno - Lack of big plays in big games maybe?

EDIT: I like him as a person based on my limited experience with him. I think he's a wonderfully talented player and quite possibly the most exciting single player in the NFL. But he does have that rep around here, all you have to do is read the paper or listen to sportstalk radio to hear it. If you can think of an instance where he came through with a big play to win a big game, I'll gladly defend him whenever I hear somebody saying it. The problem is that after his high school career, I'm not aware of him doing it.

Enough with blaming Peyton's defense.  Because of his enormous contract, as well as the  enormous contracts of his never-ending supply of outstanding offenseive weapons, the Colts simply don't have money to spend on defense.  It is his fault that the defense is the way it is, and he should be expected to overcome it.  We shall see if he ever manages to.

122632[/snapback]

You mean to tell me you have to spend huge coin to build a very good defense? You team is the perfect example of that,it can be done with proper coaching,and the Pats defense is great, not very good.

Colts defense is horrific. Theres just no excu$e for that. (stressing the $ sign)

You mean to tell me you have to spend huge coin to build a very good defense? You team is the perfect example of that...

Pats spend a great deal on defense (probably considerably more than on their offense).

Ty Law - HUGE contract

Rosevelt Colvin - big contract

Rodney Harrison - good-sized contract

Willie McGinest - large cap cost

Ted Johnson - large cap cost

Richard Seymour - Top 10 contract

Ty Warren - 1st round money

Vince Wilfork - 1st round money

Mike Vrabel - recently extended, big cap cost in future years

Brady and Light are the only big-money guys on the offense. Pats are probably the opposite of the Colts in that they spend way more on their defense than on offense. Only difference is that the Pats offense plays very well depite having little money thrown at it.

If our D held the Pats to 7 points last week we still would of lost.  A win is a win.  Lambeau is tough to play and we all know Drew sucks ass especially on the road.  How do you think Drew would do in a December playoff game at Lambeau?  Think he could beat 7 points?

122620[/snapback]

Funny- I have yet to hear anyone say that if our defense held GB to 7 points at Lambeau that Drew could beat it. <_<:devil::devil:

Actually what the hell am I laughing at? That is so fuggin sad and it kills me as a Bills fan. I guess I am laughing at the apologists that love the emperors new clothes. Wake up and smell the coffee you three!

Pats spend a great deal on defense (probably considerably more than on their offense).

Ty Law - HUGE contract

Rosevelt Colvin - big contract

Rodney Harrison - good-sized contract

Willie McGinest - large cap cost

Ted Johnson - large cap cost

Richard Seymour - Top 10 contract

Ty Warren - 1st round money

Vince Wilfork - 1st round money

Mike Vrabel - recently extended, big cap cost in future years

Brady and Light are the only big-money guys on the offense.  Pats are probably the opposite of the Colts in that they spend way more on their defense than on offense.  Only difference is that the Pats offense plays very well depite having little money thrown at it.

122703[/snapback]

Isnt Seymour playing out his rookie contract which is more than reasonable.

the point is, MOST of the Colts money is tied up in that offense that makes Manning look like a super stud yet there is no $$ left for the defense. Balance is what wins in the NFL and for now I'm glad the Colts and Peyton Manning havent figured that out.

His team is playing well now, and of course he's always fun to watch.  Just curious, when was the last big game Vick won?

Here's a hint - he played for the Hampton Crabbers at the time.

122598[/snapback]

Incorrect. Vick won a road playoff game in Green Bay.

Campy-

this is his second year starting in the NFL full time. He was hurt for 13 games last year. He is learning a new offense this year while going 7-2.

Then when people bring up the Green Bay game that they won you say it was the defense. But when his team loses it's his fault?

That doesn't make any sense.

Campy-

this is his second year starting in the NFL full time. He was hurt for 13 games last year. He is learning a new offense this year while going 7-2.

Then when people bring up the Green Bay game that they won you say it was the defense. But when the teams he was on lost it was his fault???

That doesn't make any sense.

124491[/snapback]

I guess I wasn't clear in my earlier posts.

I like him as a person based on a chance meeting in a bank -he's from this area. I think he's the most exciting single player in the game. He does, however, have an awful lot of people in his hometown that, while still fans of his, say that when his team needs him to make a big play to win a game, he can't deliver. The last time I've heard anything to contradict their beliefs was when he played high school ball for the Hampton Crabbers.

And I've yet to read anyone on this board cite a big play when Atlanta or VA Tech needed him to win a game. He QB'd a team that held the Pack to 7 points in the playoffs at Lambeu. That's impressive, I'm not saying it isn't, but Vick hardly "won" that game. I'd gladly defend Vick if that reputation isn't accurate, but I believe it is. Prove me wrong.

I don't believe there is a large enough sample size to say he can't win a big game.

The only games that we have to base that on was his freshman year in VT.

Or his first year starting in Atlanta.

Give the kid a couple years. I'm willing to say even this year and then make a determination on what he's all about.

I don't believe there is a large enough sample size to say he can't win a big game.

The only games that we have to base that on was his freshman year in VT.

Or his first year starting in Atlanta.

Give the kid a couple years. I'm willing to say even this year and then make a determination on what he's all about.

124566[/snapback]

No. He's had his time. The local football experts have already said he's a choker, and they've obviously seen him more than we have.