Wood

bills_red

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather you join me (at ground level) and stop bottom feeding with the moron.

Here's another article about a guy who recently had a similar injury:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4682873

Of course, you can ignore it, like you did with the story about Leon Washington, and continue to talk about the moron....or the one poster's medical qualifications....or c--k sucking....or "pwned" vs "owned"....or "mute" vs "moot"......or Dr. Andrews.....or whether or not DJ's soft practices contributed to EW's injury. Or maybe you can talk about how "Lost" is going to end.

Thanks for the info, i remember when that happened. Lets hope Wood comes back hungrier and stronger than ever.

OK, deal - but bottom feeder am I not; I challenged others' misguided, amateurish medical opinions; that's it - if you noticed. (i.e., people actually asking on this Board what the difference between a break and a fracture is.... :) )

So are you saying because I did not reply to the Leon Washington story, my opinions are illegitimate? as if replying to the Leon Washington story is the sole predicator of legitimacy on this board?

What I did not do is get caught up with all the other moronic stuff you reference below, so please do not paint with a broad brush and lump me with c- - k sucking and other idiotic nonsense.

I'd rather you join me (at ground level) and stop bottom feeding with the moron.

Here's another article about a guy who recently had a similar injury:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4682873

Of course, you can ignore it, like you did with the story about Leon Washington, and continue to talk about the moron....or the one poster's medical qualifications....or c--k sucking....or "pwned" vs "owned"....or "mute" vs "moot"......or Dr. Andrews.....or whether or not DJ's soft practices contributed to EW's injury. Or maybe you can talk about how "Lost" is going to end.

OK, deal - but bottom feeder am I not; I challenged others' misguided, amateurish medical opinions; that's it - if you noticed. (i.e., people actually asking on this Board what the difference between a break and a fracture is.... :) )

So are you saying because I did not reply to the Leon Washington story, my opinions are illegitimate? as if replying to the Leon Washington story is the sole predicator of legitimacy on this board?

What I did not do is get caught up with all the other moronic stuff you reference below, so please do not paint with a broad brush and lump me with c- - k sucking and other idiotic nonsense.

Why should people know this? Sounds the same to me. Still don't have a real explanation of the distinction. Dr. squirrel.

Websters seems to feel they are the same also:

Main Entry: 1frac·ture

Pronunciation: \ˈfrak-chər, -shər\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin fractura, from fractus

Date: 15th century

1 : the result of fracturing : break

2 a : the act or process of breaking or the state of being broken; especially : the breaking of hard tissue (as bone) b : the rupture (as by tearing) of soft tissue <kidney fracture>

3 : the general appearance of a freshly broken surface of a mineral

Maybe in medical terminology there is a distinction (again, still not clear to me) but common usage in English is defined above.

good luck guys. this board sucks. won't be back anytime soon. have fun arguing mute points.

Actually, from what we've learned the "board" isn't the only thing that sucks!

Enjoy your new home, you won't be missed.

PS: Take your avatar of you, or your dad or your boyfriend, whoever the drunk tard is with you!

Geesh so many posts on fracture versus break.

Definition: A fracture is a broken bone. A broken bone is a fracture.

While many people believe that a fracture is a "hairline break," or a certain type of broken bone, this is not true. A fracture and a broken bone are the same thing!

Both of these words mean that the normal bone architecture has been disrupted. This does not imply a certain type of treatment, but in general, bones heal best when immobilized.

Medical personnel describe fractures in the following ways:

* A complete fracture is when the bone has broken into two pieces.

* A greenstick fracture is when the bone cracks on one side only, not all the way through.

* A single fracture is when the bone is broken in one place.

* A comminuted fracture is when the bone is broken into more than two pieces or crushed.

* A bowing fracture, which only happens in kids, is when the bone bends but doesn't break.

* An open fracture is when the bone is sticking through the skin.

without having to read through this entire thread and having to read anymore juvenile crap from "zazie".....and without opening a new thread..can anyone say if there is a recovery time line for this injury Eric Wood suffered?

Is he expected to be 100% for mini camp? Is there any report that it could be career ending? I am not suggesting it is...I am just asking.

without having to read through this entire thread and having to read anymore juvenile crap from "zazie".....and without opening a new thread..can anyone say if there is a recovery time line for this injury Eric Wood suffered?

Is he expected to be 100% for mini camp? Is there any report that it could be career ending? I am not suggesting it is...I am just asking.

OTR, while not officially announced by the Bills, the word from his agent has been a 8-9 month recovery estimate

OTR, while not officially announced by the Bills, the word from his agent has been a 8-9 month recovery estimate

ooof. Good grief...this guy is probably the first guy the Bills have had that I am a "TRUE FAN" of since Kent Hull and Jim Ritcher. Now this. What a shame.

I hope this is right and even if it isn't, my guess is that a pro athlete who has demonstrated the fire, leadership, and moxie Wood has that if there is even the least little bit of small medical chance I can some back then that is the goal I set for myself and try to achieve.

If I do come back its becauae of my hard work and commitment. The naysayers may be chattering some version of reality but quite frankly are not even welcome in my world as I have enough challenges negativity is not helpful. If I come back these people are just idiots.

If I do not come 100% back then 75%, 50% or 25% is great also and my shooting for 100% is part of how I achieved 50 instead of 49.

Again in this case the naysayers are idiots.

Perhaps later if I am struggling out onto the field and risking more damage by playing hobbled or I am avoiding going back to school for an achievable higher degree for an unachievable pro career there is legitimate room for debate. However, at this point thoae who declare my career over are simply dumb and heartless.

Once again, what I asked was this: why is it so easy for you and others to ignore good posts that make real attempts to advance a quality discussion, but it is apparently hard for you and others to ignore idiots (thereby overloading the thread with nonsense).

Since your post that I quoted from, someone else starts a comment like this: "without having to read through this entire thread..." The reason why he asks this is because the thread is overloaded with crap! And if it weren't, it would have been quite easy for him to either read the first hand accounts of those who had a tib-fib compound fracture, or to click on the links I provided which describe what is going on in the rehabilitation of two other players who have had an injury and surgical procedure that is very similar to what is being reported about Wood.

And since it would probably take him six years to sort through all the crap to find those two links, I'll just tell him that Leon Washington and Jordan Gross have been told that the best case scenario has them on a practice field next spring, but of course there are no guarantees and no one knows if Wood's situation is better or worse than those two guys.

And BTW, you sound pretty lofty yourself by making a big deal about people not knowing the difference between fractures and breaks.

Once again, let me spell it out: I do not ignore quality posts. So your comment "you and others" is once again painting me with a broad brush. So you choose to "ignore idiots" - that is so commendable - but since you are convinced it is "apparently hard for me & others to ignore idiots", then it must be true, right? I do too when the level of discussion turns to things like c - - k sucking. But because I have worked in the field of healthcare & specifically orthopedic surgery, I felt it appropriate to challenge some ill-informed opinions with objective rebuttals. You chose to cite the cases of L Washington & J Gross. Good for you. We aren't that far apart, but we chose different means to an end.

BTW, you actually think I sound lofty by making a big deal about people not knowing the difference between fractures & breaks? I wasn't the only one making that obvious observation. I think that is a pretty basic, easily understandable comparison - maybe you don't.

Once again, what I asked was this: why is it so easy for you and others to ignore good posts that make real attempts to advance a quality discussion, but it is apparently hard for you and others to ignore idiots (thereby overloading the thread with nonsense).

Since your post that I quoted from, someone else starts a comment like this: "without having to read through this entire thread..." The reason why he asks this is because the thread is overloaded with crap! And if it weren't, it would have been quite easy for him to either read the first hand accounts of those who had a tib-fib compound fracture, or to click on the links I provided which describe what is going on in the rehabilitation of two other players who have had an injury and surgical procedure that is very similar to what is being reported about Wood.

And since it would probably take him six years to sort through all the crap to find those two links, I'll just tell him that Leon Washington and Jordan Gross have been told that the best case scenario has them on a practice field next spring, but of course there are no guarantees and no one knows if Wood's situation is better or worse than those two guys.

And BTW, you sound pretty lofty yourself by making a big deal about people not knowing the difference between fractures and breaks.

Umm, they are one & the same as pointed out ad nauseum by others in this thread. Why beat a dead horse? "Broken" is a slang or euphemistic way of describing a fracture.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Why should people know this? Sounds the same to me. Still don't have a real explanation of the distinction. Dr. squirrel.

Anyone hear anything else on how Wodd's surgery went? I haven't seen anything on iit such as the specific procedure he underwent. Thanks in advance.

The report was that the surgery was "successful". Not sure whether it meant "successful" in the sense that the surgeon was ble to put everything back together properly, or "successful" in that he should make a full recovery.

My layman's guess is that "successful" meant that the surgeon was able to put everything back together. Whether or not he will be able to play again probably didn't enter his mind.

I'm again guessing that they will wait for the swelling to go down and then re-evaluate. Hopefully, everything stays in the proper place so they don't have to go back in again, and he can begin rehab. That's going to be the hard part for him, because from my understanding it's going to take a lot of dedication as well as a high pain tolerance. By all accounts he's a very tough guy so if anybody can do it, he can.

I hope so. It would just suck to see a guy like this not to be able to do what he loves.

Once again, let me spell it out: I do not ignore quality posts. So your comment "you and others" is once again painting me with a broad brush. So you choose to "ignore idiots" - that is so commendable - but since you are convinced it is "apparently hard for me & others to ignore idiots", then it must be true, right? I do too when the level of discussion turns to things like c - - k sucking. But because I have worked in the field of healthcare & specifically orthopedic surgery, I felt it appropriate to challenge some ill-informed opinions with objective rebuttals. You chose to cite the cases of L Washington & J Gross. Good for you. We aren't that far apart, but we chose different means to an end.

BTW, you actually think I sound lofty by making a big deal about people not knowing the difference between fractures & breaks? I wasn't the only one making that obvious observation. I think that is a pretty basic, easily understandable comparison - maybe you don't.

You seem to be angry because I lumped you in with all the clowns.....think about why that happened. Somebody posts that the board is a mess; I posted that I agreed with him; you then criticized me. Are you really unable to connect the dots as to why I'd lump you in with the cretins? And now, oddly, you seem to agree with me that the board is a mess. Whatever.

As for the breaks vs fractures thing....yeah, you still sound condescending. That has been just about the most benign topic broached in this thread.