joshsin

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...to-spend-10-mil

Report: Wilson ready to spend $10M

November, 22, 2009

Nov 22

2:15

PM ET

By Tim Graham

NFL Network reporter Jason LaCanfora shared what he was hearing about the Buffalo Bills' coaching search on "NFL Gameday Morning."

Bills owner Ralph Wilson is willing to spend upwards of $10 million to land the right person. Mike Shanahan is at the top of their list. They’re going to talk to him first. They also have an interest in Bill Cowher. Still, I don’t know anyone who actually sees Shanahan taking this position when there could be more attractive openings available. Maybe Washington, Dallas, Houston, even San Diego if things fall apart for the Chargers.

Regarding Cowher, I'm told he won't even interview for jobs until the season's over. It's very difficult to win in Buffalo, with the Patriots in the division and the New York Jets just building a billion-dollar facility, also the Dolphins, who are No. 2 in player spending this year alone. For a small-market team in an old stadium like the Bills, it's tough to compete -- no matter who the coach is -- and these big-name coaches know it.

I'm starting to think that no one in the media has a !@#$ing clue as to what's going on. With all due respect to our resident reporters there's so much misinformation out there I don't believe anyone knows what's going on. One reporter has a source that says that Shanahan won't meet with anyone until the season is over and another says there is a meeting scheduled this week???

I'll take all future reports with a carton of salt and just wait to see how this plays out.

I'm starting to think that no one in the media has a !@#$ing clue as to what's going on. With all due respect to our resident reports there's so much misinformation out there I don't believe anyone knows what's going on. One reporter has a source that says that Shanahan won't meet with anyone until the season is over and another says there is a meeting scheduled this week.

I'll take all future reports with a carton of salt and just wait to see how this plays out.

I hear ya but it sure is fun to speculate

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...to-spend-10-mil

Report: Wilson ready to spend $10M

November, 22, 2009

Nov 22

2:15

PM ET

By Tim Graham

NFL Network reporter Jason LaCanfora shared what he was hearing about the Buffalo Bills' coaching search on "NFL Gameday Morning."

Bills owner Ralph Wilson is willing to spend upwards of $10 million to land the right person. Mike Shanahan is at the top of their list. They’re going to talk to him first. They also have an interest in Bill Cowher. Still, I don’t know anyone who actually sees Shanahan taking this position when there could be more attractive openings available. Maybe Washington, Dallas, Houston, even San Diego if things fall apart for the Chargers.

Regarding Cowher, I'm told he won't even interview for jobs until the season's over. It's very difficult to win in Buffalo, with the Patriots in the division and the New York Jets just building a billion-dollar facility, also the Dolphins, who are No. 2 in player spending this year alone. For a small-market team in an old stadium like the Bills, it's tough to compete -- no matter who the coach is -- and these big-name coaches know it.

yeah the jets and dolphins r looking like real powerhouses this yr

yeah the jets and dolphins r looking like real powerhouses this yr

Yeah, but wait till the Jets get in that neww stadium. They'll be unstoppable - easily Super Bowl favorites. How could they not be? They'll have a new billion dollar stadium.