Per Shefter

BillsNYC

Fewell, or some other black coach will be interviewed...worry not.

The most useless rule in the NFL will not be ignored.

And before any of you morons go off calling me racist, what I mean by the above is that the rule does nothing to help black coaches actually get HIRED.

Just another law/rule to further divide and create resentment. If I were a owner, I would would be annoyed and spiteful being told what to do. Bad enough having !@#$in weasel agents skimming off the top and calling shots, now they are told who to hire for coaching positions? If they are that dumb to pass up a black qualified coach who is the best for the job? Looks good on them. Some other team will benifit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Just another law/rule to further divide and create resentment. If I were a owner, I would would be annoyed and spiteful being told what to do. Bad enough having !@#$in weasel agents skimming off the top and calling shots, now they are told who to hire for coaching positions? If they are that dumb to pass up a black qualified coach who is the best for the job? Looks good on them. Some other team will benifit.

The law is there to provide equal opportunity and its a good law in my opinion.

I hate how the media can play a major factor for anyone who is being pursued by the Bills. I know not all on air personalities are like this but when more than half of them downplay the Bills and talk about how no succesful coach would want to go there, it really makes it harder to land big names.

I remember when Schottenheimer said he couldn't see how anyone could take the Redskins' coaching job, then a week later signs with them. If Ralph offers Shanahan $9-$10 million a year and accepts whatever stipulations Shanahan wants, I bet he will take the job. As long as Ralph shows he is committed to building a winner, a good coach will come here.

I get tired of hearing that Buffalo is unattractive and it will be a hard sell. Look at the city of Pittsburgh, it's very similar to Buffalo, being an old steel city with bad weather, etc... But the Rooney's have been committed to have a winning team and spend good money on coaches and players. If we become a winner again, players will want to come here.

The law is there to provide equal opportunity and its a good law in my opinion.

Maybe they can make a rule requiring them to give slow white kids like me a tryout.... because Im sure I would succeed in the NFL if I had an equal opportunity.

The cream rises to the top regardless of opportunity.

I remember when Schottenheimer said he couldn't see how anyone could take the Redskins' coaching job, then a week later signs with them. If Ralph offers Shanahan $9-$10 million a year and accepts whatever stipulations Shanahan wants, I bet he will take the job. As long as Ralph shows he is committed to building a winner, a good coach will come here.

I get tired of hearing that Buffalo is unattractive and it will be a hard sell. Look at the city of Pittsburgh, it's very similar to Buffalo, being an old steel city with bad weather, etc... But the Rooney's have been committed to have a winning team and spend good money on coaches and players. If we become a winner again, players will want to come here.

That's a great comparison. The problem is the media constantly harping on how bad the owner, city, front office etc. is. Once we get a real HC to buy into the city and the fabric of the team we can be prominent once again. I could care less what Sims, Marino, and whom ever else wants to take pot shots at this great town. Their upset because they aren't offered anything besides sitting at a news desk spewing their opinion that 90% of the world doesn't care about.

Smart coaches know what a tough place this is to play in and what a great fan base still resides here even though we have been putrid for years. A real coach will welcome the opportunity to build a winner. And that is what we need.

I agree, also, is the bills team makeup really more unattractive than the Browns or Redskins?

Maybe they can make a rule requiring them to give slow white kids like me a tryout.... because Im sure I would succeed in the NFL if I had an equal opportunity.

The cream rises to the top regardless of opportunity.

Maybe, but this was certainly not always the case in America. Plenty of average white boys have been the boss over far more talented black guys for no other reason than race.

Did you ever see the great HBO movie "Something the lord made" about the advent of surgical techniques? Same rules applied for many decades across all vocations.

the rule is meant to make sure that the cream has the opportunity to rise to the top in the first place. America has been and remains a very racist country. And I am a white boy realizing this.