Per Shefter

BillsNYC

I believe it's fair to say Esiason is a major jacka$$. I've heard plenty of media people like Boomer and John Kincade saying Shanny won't go to B-lo, so I can't wait for these "no it all" idiots to eat crow for the next 5 yrs years or so when we do get a big name. Talk about playing favorites, Howie Long, Kincade, and Esiason bash the Bills every chance they get because it's personal and NOT objective. What makes Cleveland or Washington a more attractive place to go? Cleveland sucks, I'm there every other week. It's cold and bleak. If you go to Washington you not only have to deal with no QB and a bad owner but a salary cap. I'm tired of it. I know Buffalo isn't Dallas but is it that bad?

Kelly should call him and tell him to shut the **** up and don't bother coming to my golf outing next year... a$$****.

and for Howie Long... 51-3... yes those numbers run through your fat blockhead every day... keep pimpin those Chevy ****burgers... how's your kid doing with the Rams? two sacks? guess that's one more than Maybin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly should call him and tell him to shut the **** up and don't bother coming to my golf outing next year... a$$****.

and for Howie Long... 51-3... yes those numbers run through your fat blockhead every day... keep pimpin those Chevy ****burgers... how's your kid doing with the Rams? two sacks? guess that's one more than Maybin.

I was thinking the same thing. I know Jim and Esiason are friends so hell yes I would love if Kelly would tell him to shut his mouth with all the negativity.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports Charlie Weis may not stay in Notre Dame for much longer, and the Bills may be looking to hire him. He was a finalist for the job when the Bills hired Mike Mularkey and could be a candidate again.
Lord, I hope not... The guy is a loser at ND and a crappy head coach in college. Dunno why that would in any way make him decent head coaching material for the NFL.

Kinda makes me happy he didn't get hired over Mularkey :unsure:

Has Esiason EVER liked Buffalo?
Not after Bruce Smith used him to create a new rule in the NFL...

Heh, heh, heh. Baaaaaad things, man. :unsure:

As for Weis, if he can't beat Navy or UConn, what makes anyone think his "decided schematic advantage" could handle the Pats or Colts? (That's not meant as a slap at either UC or the USNA, by the way -- in fact, I enjoyed the heck out of both games. Just saying that with the facilities and recruiting advantages ND has over those schools, there's no good excuse for losing to them.)

say what you want about blockhead but Chevy makes great cars and trucks.

Fat Charlie would be a great choice for head coach. Just have to limit his wing intake to 100 per week. Not his fault Notre Dame has academic standards and can't get the best players like other schools. He should have stayed in the NFL but ND was his dream job. Everyone is on their knees for Shannahan. He wants total control. Why did he get run out of Denver? Elway and Terrell Davis retired and Shannahan made loads of bad personnel decisons. I'd take Weis as HC and bring in a "football guy" GM. Dumb question. If you are an NFL GM or Personnel Director or whatever, aren't you already a football guy? Not like they are out looking at interior decorators or sous chefs to come in and run the team. Such a stupid term.

Yeah, all those "no it all" idiots.... :unsure:

Well at least you know how to spell "idiot" -

I believe it's fair to say Esiason is a major jacka$$. I've heard plenty of media people like Boomer and John Kincade saying Shanny won't go to B-lo, so I can't wait for these "no it all" idiots to eat crow for the next 5 yrs years or so when we do get a big name. Talk about playing favorites, Howie Long, Kincade, and Esiason bash the Bills every chance they get because it's personal and NOT objective. What makes Cleveland or Washington a more attractive place to go? Cleveland sucks, I'm there every other week. It's cold and bleak. If you go to Washington you not only have to deal with no QB and a bad owner but a salary cap. I'm tired of it. I know Buffalo isn't Dallas but is it that bad?

I absolutely loved Weiss as a O-C at New England....But, as HC..please no...another experiment we can't afford...

I don't know about that. Coaching in college is much different than the pros. It's more about recruiting than actual coaching ability. That's why Steve Spurrier is a great college coach and terrible in the NFL. He can get recruits but his actual coaching is marginal. In college he could just line up a better team than yours 90% of the time. It's sort of why Saban is great in college too. He's a great recruiter.

For college coaches I put more stock in guys who win in bad situations or do about as well as they can given the talent they get. Notre Dame just hasn't been a very good football team in general. I don't see them as poorly coached.

I give Jim Harbaugh big credit for his huge wins out at Stanford. He has no recruits to speak of, hasn't been there long enough to really have a team of his guys yet, and still beat two top 10 teams in consecutive weeks including USC on the road. That speaks to good coaching, getting more from your team than you really ought to get.

Urban Meyer is a wildcard since he won a lot at Utah but now he has the benefit of a huge talent advantage AND he seems to be a decent coach on top of it. He took a Bowling Green team who had gone 4-7, 5-6, 5-6 and 2-9 the previous 4 years and went 8-3 and 9-3 the next two years before going to Utah where he promptly took another 5-6 team and won 2 straight bowl games including the Fiesta Bowl where they trounced Pitt. Then he went to Florida where he could actually get top recruits, won a national title with the previous coach's recruits, and then won another with his own in 2 years later and BTW is poised to win another. For me HE is a good football coach. He has elevated every program he has been at, both with his own players as well as those of the previous regime since he wasn't at Bowling Green or Utah long enough to see any recruits past their sophomore seasons. I might consider him, especially if we get a strong GM in here to worry about the player acquisition piece. He'll be expensive but if he wins 3 BCS title in 5 years at one of the top schools in the country where else is there for him to go? He'll have basically had a whole college career of success in 5 seasons and he's only 45 years old. Could he stay at Florida and try to be one of the great college coaches of all time? Sure. It's unlikely that any other college would be able to wrestle him away so the question is does Urban Meyer want to leave Florida as a God and find a new challenge. maybe, maybe not.

I'm sure a lot of you will pooh pooh that talk and point to people like Nick Saban, etc as huge NFL flops. In turn I'd point to Pork Faced Satan who turned around Oklahoma State in 5 years then went to Miami and went 52-9 with 1 title win in 5 seasons then went to the NFL and turned Dallas around in a hurry. By the time he got to Miami (Dolphins) what was left for him to achieve? The common thread during his ascent was he won wherever he was with whatever players he had at the time.

If we can get a good GM, get me some Urban Meyer.

I don't know about that. Coaching in college is much different than the pros. It's more about recruiting than actual coaching ability. That's why Steve Spurrier is a great college coach and terrible in the NFL. He can get recruits but his actual coaching is marginal. In college he could just line up a better team than yours 90% of the time. It's sort of why Saban is great in college too. He's a great recruiter.

For college coaches I put more stock in guys who win in bad situations or do about as well as they can given the talent they get. Notre Dame just hasn't been a very good football team in general. I don't see them as poorly coached.

I give Jim Harbaugh big credit for his huge wins out at Stanford. He has no recruits to speak of, hasn't been there long enough to really have a team of his guys yet, and still beat two top 10 teams in consecutive weeks including USC on the road. That speaks to good coaching, getting more from your team than you really ought to get.

Urban Meyer is a wildcard since he won a lot at Utah but now he has the benefit of a huge talent advantage AND he seems to be a decent coach on top of it. He took a Bowling Green team who had gone 4-7, 5-6, 5-6 and 2-9 the previous 4 years and went 8-3 and 9-3 the next two years before going to Utah where he promptly took another 5-6 team and won 2 straight bowl games including the Fiesta Bowl where they trounced Pitt. Then he went to Florida where he could actually get top recruits, won a national title with the previous coach's recruits, and then won another with his own in 2 years later and BTW is poised to win another. For me HE is a good football coach. He has elevated every program he has been at, both with his own players as well as those of the previous regime since he wasn't at Bowling Green or Utah long enough to see any recruits past their sophomore seasons. I might consider him, especially if we get a strong GM in here to worry about the player acquisition piece. He'll be expensive but if he wins 3 BCS title in 5 years at one of the top schools in the country where else is there for him to go? He'll have basically had a whole college career of success in 5 seasons and he's only 45 years old. Could he stay at Florida and try to be one of the great college coaches of all time? Sure. It's unlikely that any other college would be able to wrestle him away so the question is does Urban Meyer want to leave Florida as a God and find a new challenge. maybe, maybe not.

I'm sure a lot of you will pooh pooh that talk and point to people like Nick Saban, etc as huge NFL flops. In turn I'd point to Pork Faced Satan who turned around Oklahoma State in 5 years then went to Miami and went 52-9 with 1 title win in 5 seasons then went to the NFL and turned Dallas around in a hurry. By the time he got to Miami (Dolphins) what was left for him to achieve? The common thread during his ascent was he won wherever he was with whatever players he had at the time.

If we can get a good GM, get me some Urban Meyer.

Urban Meyer would be a terrible choice. He hasn't even shown that he can run a pro-style offense. Not to mention that any GM would much rather have someone who has a proven track record in the NFL.

say what you want about blockhead but Chevy makes great cars and trucks.

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Obviously, you, your mom, dad or uncle work for that disaster of an American company. Some uneducated clown installs door handles all day for 60 grand a year and cries the blues about not being able to afford their $40,000 truck and $250,000 suburban mansion. Cry me a river...

The Chevy Aveo is my personal favorite. :unsure:

Watching ESPN

- Holmgren, Gruden, Shanahan were all reached out to by Bills.

- Shanahan will be in Buffalo this week, they will make it hard for for him to leave without job.

- If it doest pan out, keep an eye on Charlie Weiss.

- Bills interested in Bill Polian's son, but tensions from Bill's firing may prevent it.

I'd love for this stuff to pan out. If we hire Shanahan as head coach and Chris Polian as general manager, I'll be a very happy man!!!

He certainly was. He stood around a lot with his arms akimbo.

I believe that was the final game of his career...how sad. :unsure:

While we're at it, remind me how that career final game went for Jimmy Johnson and Dan Marino.

When you're a Bills fan, you take the small pleasures in life wherever you find them.