Holmgren: "I'd love to talk to the Browns"

DPR4444

In another week or two, after he's already talked three times to Cleveland and started looking for a house there, the Bills will announce that they finally found Holmgren's personal cel number and are "actively seeking an interview with him."

Watch.

Last time I checked, didn't Cleveland have a coach?

What's your point? Holmgren wouldn't be interviewed as a coach, he'd be my GM interview, if I ran the show at 1BD. The GM interview that DOES need to happen right now. See, the Bills FO has already gotten people to bite on the whole idea of waiting for the offseason to hire a COACH, and get us all debating THAT, all the while ignoring the fact that what the team REALLY needs, what it REALLY REALLY REALLY needs, is a competent GM.

What's your point? Holmgren wouldn't be interviewed as a coach, he'd be my GM interview, if I ran the show at 1BD. The GM interview that DOES need to happen right now. See, the Bills FO has already gotten people to bite on the whole idea of waiting for the offseason to hire a COACH, and get us all debating THAT, all the while ignoring the fact that what the team REALLY needs, what it REALLY REALLY REALLY needs, is a competent GM.

Sometimes, I agree with you...this is one of them. :blink: I would love for them to fill that position before the season is over.

Thing about Holmgren, I kind of get the feeling that any coach he would hire would be an "first-timer", and might have to live under his shadow, always wondering if he was going to be canned. I kind of had the feeling that he regretted "retiring" from coaching by the time it actually happened. If you recall, he did a "farewell tour" his final season, and the Seahawks already had his pre-designated replacement on staff...it was a very strange way for him to go out.