How Sam Bradford Goes To Buffalo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the upper tier QBs I like Pike from Ohio. At 6-6 he has the frame to put some size on him to be a bit more durable and he can play in weather.

From what I understand now, Pike is healthy and could be playing for Cincinnatti right now. Why are they going with Calleros over Pike? Are they protecting his arm, is Calleros that good, or has Pike just been a product covered up by the system Cincy runs?

From what I understand now, Pike is healthy and could be playing for Cincinnatti right now. Why are they going with Calleros over Pike? Are they protecting his arm, is Calleros that good, or has Pike just been a product covered up by the system Cincy runs?

well they have the week of before the big game vs Pitt. Last week vs Wva they have used Pike a little (2/4 but 2Tds!) but i think they did not want to take any risk as it looks like he was not back 100% and collaros has been doing very well.

LeFevour is an interesting prospect that will fall to the second or third rd. 3 or 4 year starter loks of experience and win, small school kid is the knock.

I like LeFevour a lot too. There's this pretentious attitude towards MAC athletes for some reason. Yet people neglect to realize the past NFL Defensive Player of the Year and Super Bowl MVP was a Kent St alumnus in James Harrison. The most recent QB to win a Superbowl was a MAC athlete, and won of the best receivers of his generation played in the MAC, Randy Moss. Along with Pennington who at least had a pretty decent career (2 time comeback player of the year).

There are others as well. Jamey Richard will replace Jeff Saturday in Indianapolis. Trevor Scott is playing well for Oakland.

Regardless, I feel the Bills MUST draft a cold weather QB. He must understand what it's like to live and breathe football here. If I was a GM, I would draft nothing but players from the Big 10, Big East and MAC conferences. Cold weather, football obsessed, and certainly with respect to the MAC, Rust Belt towns.

Too many entitled, coddled southern boys playing in a man's league. Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow especially have no idea what its like to throw the football in miserable and windy conditions.

I'm not saying LeFevour is the answer, I'm just saying I have 0 faith in any of the marquee names because none of them played above the Mason-Dixon line.

I think he isn't 100%, and they haven't lost much with Calleros, maybe Pike will drop in the draft. I just like his size and arm, and the fact that he played in the rust belt. A lot of great ones have come out of PA and Ohio schools and we do not need a prima donna that is going to fold under adversity. Rebuilding the offensive mess we have is going to take a QB with a great deal of mental toughness - a decent health insurance plan and concussion clause wouldn't hurt either.

If he drops we could maybe pick up a tackle in the first that can play for more than a game without getting hurt. The coaches and some fans may have been high on Bell, but he needs a few years of strength and conditioning before he is NFL ready IMO.

This may change 10 times before the draft BUT at this point if we have a chance at Sam Bradford with our 1st pick I take him.......

It is time to at least TRY to get a franchise QB and Bradford does everything well. Enough of taking QB's who didn't win in college or didn't come from big time programs and then HOPE they do well in the NFL.

I would much rather make a play for veteran offensive linemen and bring in the 1st round pick franchise QB......who will be available in free agency?

Also....it just seems to me that Bradford is just light years better then what we have now as far as talent.

As mentioned, I really do see a lot of Jim Kelly in Sam Bradford. I was going to mention Kelly's shoulder injury but since you beat me to it, I'll just point out that he also had 2 bad knees - and we still drafted him! I wouldn't get to wrapped up in the shoulder injury - by all accounts, it is 100% surgically repairable, so let's wait 'til April 2010 before the TSW orthopedic surgeons/QB geniuses pronounce his career over - if anything, it may cause Bradford to drop just far enough in the draft to allow the Bills to grab him.

I really wonder how much these comparisons mean in today's game. The guys chasing the QB are much bigger, stronger, and faster than they were when Kelly was playing. Now, I'm not saying they're good reasons to pass on a player, but I do think that those kind of injuries are more of a concern today than they were when Kelly was entering the draft.