Russ Brandon

Estelle Getty

To the OP,

I think is was a fine post, I agree. It is funny when somebody that has to disagree with everything said, can only find a typo in your post. You stay classy.

He was just joking. I thought the 'Trecel'/'Toyoat' comments were pretty funny actually...

Brandon is not and never will be an NFL GM. Give him whatever title you want, but leave the football decisions to a yet to be named 'football guy'.

Hire a GM first and then choose your coach. I am not a fan of the Head Coach/General Manager. Shannahan couldn't do it in Denver. Holmgren couldn't do it in Seattle. Pig Faced Satan couldn't do it in Miami.

Hire a GM, then make sure the GM is strongly supportive of whoever you bring in as HC. Doing it the other way around is ass backwards and hamstrings the GM (assuming one is eventually hired).

Here here, my sentiments exactly. They want a Coach, get a Coach. If they want a GM get a GM, but not both. Another one that failed miserably was Joe Gibbs in Washington. In todays NFL it's too complicated to take on both hats, and those that try are bound to fail.

Brandon is not and never will be an NFL GM. Give him whatever title you want, but leave the football decisions to a yet to be named 'football guy'.

I guess I'm in the minority of believing this guy wasn't involved in the football decisions plaging this team over the past ten years in his one year as "GM". It seems to me that the "football operations" weren't under Russ regardless of his title and that the brain trust has been:

John Guy

Tom Modrak

Jim Overdorf

The guy was GM for one year and likely wasn't making football decisions. It's likely what we're seeing now is a marketing guy finally getting his way to bring in a "Football Guy".

I don't know how most people's jobs work, but I make many decisions and I don't consult my boss on many of them. My Bosss' Boss has no idea what is entailed in my job or what goes into those decisions. Why? That's *NOT* his job. His job is to get the right people in place. This seems like the first point that Brandon has made such a call and it the indications point to them looking to land a top flight candidate.

People need a nice, *easy* target and instead of ranging through the organization and seeing an entrenched football decision making powerbase, they hit guy with the title. I think this whole current "search" or "cleaning house" is probably coming from Brandon.