Mike Shanahan comin to town

NCDAWG

Buy in haste, repent at leisure.

Shanahan was 8-8, 7-9, 9-7 in his final 3 seasons with DEN. Sound familiar? And the owner Bowen paid him off to get rid of him. IMO, Bowen was mainstream when it came to forking over the bucks for decent FAs. Shanny didn't lack there, AFAIK.

I know I know...we need the perfect former NFL coach who has never been less then 10-6 and has at least 1 SB ring. Got it. :unsure:B-):rolleyes:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't this a bad way to do Fewell?????? name him interim then immediately go out and talk to shanahan almost on the same day...shouldn't shanahan been contacted and named coach to begin with????

You can't be serious? Forget Fewell, bring in a REAL coach.

He did a good job with Plummer at QB.

But you would also have to go into a lot of analysis regarding who they played during those seasons, where the wins and losses were, injuries, acquisitions, was weather a significant factor, and so on.

All that work is not for me to do - that's up to somebody that might wish to buy his services. :unsure:

He owns a career 6-3 mark against Belicheat and the Pats*.

+1 Shanahan

Should I be surprised that some people are critical of Shanahan right now?

We just went from 3.5 brutal years of Jauron to wondering whether Ralph would go the cheap coordinator route to the Bills likely having interest in a 2-time Super Bowl winning coach with a solid career winning percentage. I understand saying that they won't actually land Shanahan, but I don't understand saying it wouldn't be a good move if they actually did get him.

You do realize that no matter who we get, he will not have a winning record his final couple of seasons or they would still be employed. This is, of course, if we go with an established head coach in the NFL.

Except for Marty, who went 14-2 in his last year with SD.

How anyone can knock the idea of brining in a coach who has been to multiple playoff seasons.....multiple super bowls........offensive minded.....knows how to biuld offensive lines........etc etc at this point is beyond me.

Shanahan would be like jesus coming to Buffalo at this point.....the last winning coach we have had was Marv Levy?

(well....Wade Phillips did get us to a playoff game)

This would be similar to Santa Claus.

Ohhhhhh...

You better not pout

and don't have a cow

Don't cancel your seats

I'm tellin' you now...

Shanahan is coming to town!

He's making a list

asking for command

Givin' it to Ralph

with salary demands

Shanahan is coming to town!

:unsure:

PTR

isn't this a bad way to do Fewell?????? name him interim then immediately go out and talk to shanahan almost on the same day...shouldn't shanahan been contacted and named coach to begin with????

I would imagine Shanahan would want to be the GM also. In saying that he would probably begin his GM role and evaluate everything, and begin coaching at year end.