Charlie Weis or Rich Rodriguez for head coach?

dtgolder

Lots of speculation that both Charlie Weis (Notre Dame) and RIch Rodriguez (Michigan) will lose their jobs at the end of the season...would anyone be interested in either as the Bills Head coach?

For me, RichRod would be a no-go, but I'd be interested in Weis--before he was hired by ND, he was a hot commodity, and if folks had heard he was coming to the Bills there would have been a lot of happy faces...so I'd think he'd still be a fit in the NFL (and probably more so than at the college level).

I think it's a long-shot, but I think it might be a good fit...

Any other college coaches you'd consider?

Come on. Lets stop the nonsense.

There are more top notch, proven, winning head coaching candidates available this off -season

than probably any time in NFL history and you want the Bills to consider a college coach, much less one you think might get canned?

I don't get it. :rolleyes:

Lots of speculation that both Charlie Weis (Notre Dame) and RIch Rodriguez (Michigan) will lose their jobs at the end of the season...would anyone be interested in either as the Bills Head coach?

For me, RichRod would be a no-go, but I'd be interested in Weis--before he was hired by ND, he was a hot commodity, and if folks had heard he was coming to the Bills there would have been a lot of happy faces...so I'd think he'd still be a fit in the NFL (and probably more so than at the college level).

I've watched enough ND football to know Weis' definite schematic advantage is not one we need

Come on. Lets stop the nonsense.

There are more top notch, proven, winning head coaching candidates available this of -season

than probably any time in NFL history and you want the Bills to consider a college coach, much less one you think might get canned?

I don't get it. :rolleyes:

yes, I agree and it would make as much sense as hiring Meg or Jack White as HC, imo.

I will be very surprised if Weis loses his job at Notre Dame. IIRC, they just gave him a hideously huge contract. Anyway, no thanks. If he can't recruit and win in Notre Dame, he's lame.

Weis is out after this year...count on it.

they'll put out the call for a buyout fund to rich alums and the money will come pouring in

If the bills bring in a defensive guy as head caoch, charlie weis would be a great o coach

Sorry, but I seriously would have rather kept Jauron than go after either of these guys especially Weis. He has done terrible at Notre Dame. He hasn't been any better than Bob Davie nor Tyrone Willingham.

What about Holmgren, have we given up on him already? It sounds like the Browns are going after him and I think if the Browns stand a chance to land him then we certainly do. Are we just reserved to the idea that Ralph would never go after someone as high profile as him?

Sorry, but I seriously would have rather kept Jauron than go after either of these guys especially Weis. He has done terrible at Notre Dame. He hasn't been any better than Bob Davie nor Tyrone Willingham.

For the long term, weis has probably done a tremendous service for Notre Dame. He's shown that you can still recruit at an elite level, which was the reason Urban Meyer turned down teh position...But as far as on-field work, he definitely leaves something to be desire

For the long term, weis has probably done a tremendous service for Notre Dame. He's shown that you can still recruit at an elite level, which was the reason Urban Meyer turned down teh position...But as far as on-field work, he definitely leaves something to be desire

Negative.

Can anyone name a successful headcoach from the Bill Belichick tree?

Many assistant coaches even some GM's but no successful head coaches in the NFL.

The jury is still out for Josh Mc Daniel in Denver.

Based on this I couldn't go for a present or former Belichick assistant coach for a headcoach.

When was the last time a college coach came in and did anything at the NFL level, other than quit with multiple years left on their contract and go back to college? Being a great recruiter at the biggest game in town where all the good players in the area want to go doesn't mean you can coach in the NFL.

No thanks, if you are gonna spend the money, hire a coach who has won in the NFL before consistently.