Tony Pike

WildBills

Big, cold weather, pro system...he looks good.

I would prefer more career starts though...

I don't think Cinci runs a pro system. It's a pass happy offense that spreads it out a lot. So that could be a concern that he's a result of the system they run. I don't know though. He's got some talent.

Similar qualificaitons netted us Aaron Maybin....Sorry, no interest in collage players with limited experience. If we are going to throw money at a draft choice, they had better be someone who you throw in early....

He cant even get on the field right now. Calleros has been absolutley on fire for the Bearcats.

He's recuperating from a dislocation of a plate in his left arm vs. USF, on Oct. 15.

Missed 3 games; without the injury, Colleros sits. Colleros has filled in well. He reminds me of their former qb Ben Mauk. Collaros, like Mauk, is a fine collegiate qb - but probably not NFL material. Pike has a shot, injury question marks aside.

It was a surprise that UC Coach Kelly put Pike in against WVU - the "guessing game", if you will. UC's been a surprise - picked to finish 4th in the Big East, losing 21 of 22 starters from last season.

Kelly's a good coach - rumors constantly swirl about him going to ND.

Pike in the NFL - dunno. He certainly benefits from good, very aggressive coaching, WRs Gilyard, Binns, Woods, TE Alli, and RBs Pead and Ramsey - as well as the current spread offensive trend in the NCAA. As well as a generally decent defense. He shows a good vision of the field, good arm, and senses pressure. But as a poster mentioned - only one and a half season's work.

All in all, a pretty good year for the Big East - UConn, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU, UC, USF are decent clubs. UC ranked at #5 is deserved IMO - in addition to their conference games, they beat Fresno State and Oregon State. But a lot would have to happen for them to move up.

By big, you must mean tall as his upper body is comparable to a stick figure. I like him and all but big isn't a wrod I would use for Pike. I like him too but he doesn't often read the defense in that offense. It basically snap and throw to the predetermiend receiver.

Similar qualificaitons netted us Aaron Maybin....Sorry, no interest in collage players with limited experience. If we are going to throw money at a draft choice, they had better be someone who you throw in early....

How much more playing time do you want him to have? As long as they put him in as starter for the rest of the season; as Brian Kelley seemed to indicate after the game friday I think he is going to have over 20 career starts. I like him, I also like Locker.