more on JP and Mularkey

billsburgh

found this on a steeler board

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=36499

"A good friend of mine had seats for the NE game last night, right behind the Bills sideline, and he and several others near him HEARD Mularkey yell to Shane Matthews "you're going in"

Fine. So Matthews handed the clipboard to JP, started warming up, and then, right before the offense took the field, Mularkey turned around to JP who was standing there holding the clipboard with ZERO indication that he was going to entering the game in the next 5 seconds, and said "Losman, get in there!"

Matthews said something which, judging by the tone, went something like "what the heck?" (censored version).

JP was VISBILY uncomfortable at the apparent chaos and according to these guys who were sitting RIGHT BEHIND the Bills sideline, almost EVERYONE on the Bills' sideline looked they were thinking "What the f$%^ is going on?!" Bledsoe chuckled a little to himself.

Now, I WONDERED What the was wrong with the rookie when they showed his face BEFORE that first play. He honestly looked like he DID NOT WANT to be out there. Turns out, he was probably wondering What the was going through coach's head and what might happen next.

Mularkey was FLUSTERED and made an ENORMOUS mistake putting in JP, not because he did it, but HOW he did it.

I mean, GIVE THE KID A FREAKING BREAK!! 2 seconds ago you say that Matthews is going in, so Shane starts warming up (like ALL QB DO, BTW) and Losman assumes clipboard duties. Then, INEXPLICABLY, you change your mind as the offense is about to run onto the field, and send your rookie QB out there BEFORE HE EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO THROW A WARMUP PASS!!!

Now, this is anecdotal for sure. I WASN'T THERE, but this friend of mine is not the lying type. He is also a HUGE BILLS FAN, and we happened to be talking about Losman when he says to me "he didn't look like he expected to go out there" and so he tells me this story...

TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, ***BUT**

It DOES jive with the "what the hell is going on" look that Losman had on that first series AND the comments he made post-game about thinking that Matthews was SUPPOSED to go in....

Maybe its just me, but if you want to set your INJURED ROOKIE QB up for success, you DO NOT tell your team that the #2 guy is going in, warm up the #2 guy, then at the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND decide to send the rookie out there against the world champions, on the road, in primetime, with a 20+ point defecit.

DAMN STUPID MOVE by MM and TOTALLY POINTLESS. Why tell Matthews he's going in, let Matthews warm up, then LITERALLY take the clipboard out of Losman's hands and send him out??

Without even a warmup toss or two??

IDIOT ROOKIE COACH. God I hate Mike Mularkey and Tom Donahoe for bringing him here.

As I said, MAYBE this story is bunk, but where there's smoke, there's fire, and this HUGE Bills FAN was 100% sure that the above is what happened. the post-game comments, and Losman's body language seem to confirm.

Chaos, bad decisions, and NOT STICKING TO YOUR GUNS. "

found this on a steeler board

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=36499

"A good friend of mine had seats for the NE game last night, right behind the Bills sideline, and he and several others near him HEARD Mularkey yell to Shane Matthews "you're going in"

found this on the bills board -

Mmmm........ :doh::D:unsure:

You found this on a steeler board from someone who found it on a Bills board??? :D

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

And they wonder why most were bitching for an EXPERIENCED head coach.

This team is run like a poor high school team. From the top all the way down.

Can you say, P-A-N-I-C. :doh:

Maybe we should give MM a mulligan here. He is a rookie. We chalk mistakes by rookie players up as "learning experiences." Moreover, the game was out of reach. He had nothing to lose by making any subs. He could have put his mother in as QB, and we'd still be in the same boat today. Maybe MM was trying to see what Losman could do totally cold, off the bench.

Nah, fire him and bring in Weiss ASAP.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

I'm tired of mulligans. We just came off a 3 yr. mulligan.

And it all stems from TD because he is afraid/threatened by an experienced coach. He doesn't want another Cowher situation here in Buffalo so we are stuck with first time yes men.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

Who really cares about this? Why is this a story? I don't care who he put in or why. If Bledsoe wasn't such a pathetic sack of potatoes this wouldn't even be an issue.

How is it "sour grapes" if they're winning?

Did you mean gloating?

I'm waiting to see what the real story is beyond simple observation, but I am worried by what is out there in the post-game interviews....

Putting your rookie in is fine. May have been a case of Jump and Run and to see how prepared he is. But in the NFL, that would be telling him when the other team is on offense, not after you kick return is back on the sidelines.

He hadn't thrown probably since coming out after halftime. Good way to pull/tear muscles, exactly what JP needs at this point, don't you know?

Guest Guest_eyedog_*
The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!!

121474[/snapback]

Another contribution. Good job.

At least most have a point one way or another, even if it doesn't happen to be yours.

Another contribution. Good job.

At least most have a point one way or another, even if it doesn't happen to be yours.

121502[/snapback]

I will continue to post whatever I feel like posting at any time, but thanks for your concern :doh:

Lets suppose Losman has been slow to get into the play book thinking that he is just getting healthy and the coach wouldn't possible put him in this early.

Lets suppose that MM has warned Losman to get mentally prepared on more than one occasion. Lets suppose Losman didn't listen to MM.

Under those circumstances, would you still consider MM's move a bad one?

Lets suppose we cut MM some slack.