Levitre at LT

Thoner7

Does anyone think he could be a long term answer there? I never really gave much weight to the "hes too short" arguement, which is why Levitre had to move inside I guess. Levitre has been a little exposed dealing with the strength of the big DTs, maybe he could be a better T than G. I got the feeling he was more comfortable there...

Let's not rip Scott until we know what the reason is--in the NFL that could be anything from "I don't feel like playing" to "I have a parent dying", so let's withhold judgment please until we know what it was. Remember, these guys are human beings, too.....

Ohter than the false start D. Bell played ok. Chambers was awful again. How the FO has not signed any other players is unbelievable...

Well, I am CERTAINLY not defending the current front office.

But look at the injuries at the position of RT. Butler, the starter is injured and out for the year. Scott then fills in. Chambers is brought back after having been waived to protect against injury. Scott is then injured. Chambers (ahem) fills in. Meredith is signed. Meredith then steps up. Gets injured. Chambers is back.

I thought the decision to can Chambers was the right one. But in this case, at this position, THIS year, there have been attempts.

Langston Walker I believe was signed by the Raiders. Who is available?

I don't think Levitre is the answer at LT.

After what I hope is regime change this offseason, I hope our #1 goes to a real, anchor of a future Pro Bowl LT.

I think Levitre was a good pick, just not the LT that all playoff teams have.

Levitre moved to LT to repalce an injured Bell. He was way way more impressive than any other tackled we have tried this year. His knack is that he is short but I would like to see him there the rest of the year. Thoughts?

He's not good enough to be a starter at left guard in the NFL and you wan't him to start at left tackle? Brilliant!