Official BUF@TEN game thread

stuckincincy

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about the stop. It's about the 10 yds. I say we give up 20 if we let them have a 3rd down.

Sure, the Titans may have gotten the yards they needed. But you have to TRY to stop them. I don't want to play for a guy who doesn't even give you a chance to win.

Allowing them to kick that FG was Jauron saying he doesn't have the balls to compete nor the faith in his guys to get the job done.

LOL This loss may be on DJ but this sh!tty, sorry excuse for a franchise is on Ralph's greedy, senile ass. Ralph Wilson makes me sick.

I USED to think he was senile. But no, he's just bitter. No other reason to stick it to the fans of Buffalo like this year after year.

It's not about the stop. It's about the 10 yds. I say we give up 20 if we let them have a 3rd down.

Agreed. We looked pretty helpless on third and long especially in this game. VY and CJ are just a horrible matchup for our slow arm tackling LB corps.

You're right about the forfeit, but that is the reality. I'd say our chances of stopping V young or C Johnson on third and 16 was about ten percent. ANY FG over 50 yards is probably a 50% chance. Better odds of that, so I'd say DJ was just being realistic. We suck that bad. Any other QB and RB, though, I'd say take the penalty.

What you say is very logical.........but...--hmmmm...we still shoulda tried

I get where your coming from, but the decision wasn't terrible. I realize the Bironas has been a great kicker, and that he has made countless clutch field goals in his career.

Why do you have to figure that Bironas makes that kick though?? If its just because Bironas is a good kicker, then the same case can be made for how terrible the Bills were on third downs today. Why can't you assume that Titans would have gained at least 5-10 yards on 3rd down??

He's one of the best kickers in the league. He can hit from 51. He missed from 60. Regardless of what you think of the defenses ability, you do what you can do get him to kick from 60.

If the guy's range was 45 yards, and he was going to kick from 40, you'd move him back on a penalty, right? if his range was 35 yards, you'd move him back from 30.

If the Bills were facing a kicker with a shorter range, or were playing in a rainstorm, 51 yards is out range. But those weren't the circumstances.

Bironas has a range of 50-55 yards. It's a no-brainer, you move him back if you get the chance.

You don't get it. Regardless of the level of confidence you have in the Bills defense, you have to have confidence that Bironas is going to make that kick. It's within his range, the weather is perfect, and he's made clutch kicks like this before.

So you have to figure that he makes the kick, which puts your team down by 10 late in the fourth, effectively ending the game.

So if you want to win the game, you don't let Bironas kick without a fight, which means you take the penalty and hope that the defense can come up with a big play.

Yes you have it right. I have not been on the dump Jauron bandwagon, but this does it for me!

Seriously? Stop. Stop. Stop. You can't justify it. You're making yourself look silly.

If you assume your defense can't make a stop on 3rd and 16 then you should just forfeit!

Lets take a look at what the Titans did on their 3rd downs before the kick:

3rd and 14 - Vince Young pass to Chris Johnson for 15 yards. FIRST DOWN!!

3rd and 3 - Penalty on Drayton Florence, 5 yards, automatic...FIRST DOWN!!

3rd and 1 - Chris Johnson 1 yard TD run......TOUCHDOWN!!

3rd and 12 - Vince Young scrambles for 12 yards and another....FIRST DOWN!!

3rd and 2 - Chris Johnson runs for 23 yards and another...FIRST DOWN!!

3rd and 8 - Vince Yound Pass to Bo Scaife for 10 yards and yet another....FIRST DOWN!!

3rd and 16 - Vince Young pass to Chris Johnson for 10 yards....OMG we finally stopped them!!

So the Titans were averaging 10 yards a play on the previous 7 first downs, and that average is flawed due to the 1 yard TD run, and you think its a sure thing if the Bills go for it. Yes it's coaching scared, but I really don't blame Jauron anymore, whenever he has taken a chance this team has blown it.

Yes, Jauron is a terrible head coach, but so are the players on this team.

3rd and 8 - Vince Yound Pass to Bo Scaife for 10 yards and yet another....FIRST DOWN!!

3rd and 16 - Vince Young pass to Chris Johnson for 10 yards....OMG we finally stopped them!!

So the Titans were averaging 10 yards a play on the previous 7 first downs, and that average is flawed due to the 1 yard TD run, and you think its a sure thing if the Bills go for it. Yes it's coaching scared, but I really don't blame Jauron anymore, whenever he has taken a chance this team has blown it.

With that amount of time left you can't let them go up by 2 scores. Sort of like moving the infield in.

Big deal. Take the penalty and you have one play to keep yourself in the game. Sell out. Call an all-out blitz, or drop 8 in coverage . Call a double stunt. How about a MLB blitz.

Point is do something other than watch a kicker make a wheelhouse kick.

Fight to win the f###ing game. We know this team is young and injured, and not that good. What is unacceptable is that the coaching staff is defeated by that and REFUSES to let this team fight.

As bad as the players were in that game, they deserved the right to try to make one more play with the game on the line.

If they weren't up to it, so be it, but I'd rather have Byrd out there on 3rd and long, one more time, than watch Bironas make that kick with no fight.

Big deal. Take the penalty and you have one play to keep yourself in the game. Sell out. Call an all-out blitz, or drop 8 in coverage . Call a double stunt. How about a MLB blitz.

Fight to win the f###ing game. We know this team is young and injured, and not that good. What is unacceptable is that the coaching staff is defeated by that and REFUSES to let this team fight.

As bad as the players were in that game, they deserved the right to try to make one more play with the game on the line.

If they weren't up to it, so be it, but I'd rather have Byrd out there on 3rd and long, one more time, than watch Bironas make that kick with no fight.

:wallbash:

With that amount of time left you can't let them go up by 2 scores. Sort of like moving the infield in.

The thinking was they continue the drive and go up by two TDs or they take the gimmee Fg and go up by ten preserving a few minutes. It was all about the time because it was abundantly clear we were not going to stop them on that drive. Even less time would have remained if the drive continued and we would have to burn timeouts. DJ blows as a coach, but I was thinking to myself "just decline the freakin' penalty and concede the FG attempt". Kinda like execution by lethal injection instead of hanging.

That's SUCH a loser's mentality. I honestly hope you don't approach your own personal life or business with that mentality.

That's SUCH a loser's mentality. I honestly hope you don't approach your own personal life or business with that mentality.

Yes, because my opinion on one call in Bills game translates to how I live my life. However, judging by your approach I can tell you take some things a little too seriously, and like to judge people based off of one opinion....let me know how that works out for you.

Also, if you read my other post you would see that I clearly stated, "The call wasn't black and white, nothing in the world is." You have your opinion and I have mine, enough said. I would love to see how you interact with your co-workers with such close-mindedness.

What I didn't do was flip out... like most on this board, over one call by DJ, that historically speaking, doesn't even rate in his top ten questionable calls. :wallbash:

This.

Not so sure that call was much different than the punt vs. New Orleans, at least in the impact it had on the team -- both times, Jauron flipped the lightswitch to "OFF."

Also, FWIW -- coming into today's game, Bironas was 8-13 from 50+ in his career, and a couple of the misses were end-of-the-half prayers like the one today.