The prisoners are escaping

major

But your so smart and we are so stupid! It should be easy right?

Anyways, dont forget that everybody has an !@#$ and every !@#$ has the right to their opinion. So easy on slamming people for having an opinion.

Yes, I am smarter than you. Or at least a better judge of Vick's ability to to come back under the circumstances (it ain't gonna happen).

Of course you can have an opinion, it's just that I'm tired of opinions about Mike Vick, and I would like to see people stand behind what I consider ludicrous opinions with their MONEY. I am willing, I just can't figure out the way to go about it all.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When players start coming out (aka- Whitner and Jackson) stating that they'd like to have Michael Vick on the team, it isn't a good sign to the owner, coaches, GM, etc... The players are starting to sound like the fans calling into sports radio and that isn't a good sign for management.

Not a big deal. What do you expect them to say if somebody asks them about it?

I can't see you looking me up 5 years from now to pay me. That's the problem, it's over too long a period of time to arrange. Figure it out though, and we can discuss money.

$500 ?

$1000 ?

$.05 ?

I wonder if Vegas takes these kind of bets....

Anyway, it's called hype, and the post-prison career of Mike Vick is the epitome of HYPE!!.

All controversy, no content.

Much ado about nothing. He is done.

Bad character, tenth-chance deserving or not.

No, it's called guesswork, and nobody knows what will happen, either way.

I don't have a problem with Vick. My only concern is his skills and whether he's serious about working hard to become a great quarterback. At the very least these rumors should inspire Trent to throw the ball 10+ yards down the field more than a couple times a game.

As much as Marv Levy has screwed up the Bills in his flash-in-the-pan return a couple of seasons ago, I still have to go with the standard "character guy" over a Michael Vick. Yes, he served his debt to society and blah blah blah. That's all well and good. But I have a hard time remembering when any true hero went to jail for killing animals, and I have a hard time thinking of him leading anything after that debacle.

In the bigger picture, if the Bills were to sign Vick a year removed from having signed another NFL media magnet in TO, Russ "Barnum & Bailey" Brandon will look as though he is more interested in reaching for gate attractions that subscribing to a PLAN on how to BUILD the Bills into a winning team.

How, with the current clowns in the front office, could any free agent signing be seriously considered an improvement over anything?

What exactly is the plan at OBD? Modrak and Guy have had close to 10 years to prove themselves. What do we have to show for it? An undersized, but competitive defense. Arguably the best punter in the league. And an offense that can't get a first down. These aren't new problems. They have been ongoing for atleast 5 seasons now.

And now, Vick is supposedly the cure to what ails the team? I'm sorry, but wasn't Owens looked at in the same light this past offseason? I know I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

No, this team first of all needs a real GM and a better pro personnel department and college scouting staff. I think Nix coming back to the Bills will be an improvement this year. But Modrak and Guy need to go. Then, the real, proven, football GM can sign a real coach. Then said coach can, with said GM, sit down and review the roster.

Once the roster has been scoured and the needs have been determined, then, and only then, should any free agent be pursued or rookie drafted.

I mean, you put the sweetest frosting on a turd, but a turd it still will be.

Fire Modrak and Guy!

No, it's called guesswork, and nobody knows what will happen, either way.

Some people guess way better than others. Especially when there are FACTS to base your guess upon. Plenty of FACTS that we know about Vick, plenty of FACTS that I know about success rate for guys trying to come back as a QB in the NFL, blah, blah, blah.

This isn't a "flip a coin" situation.

Guest dog14787
As much as Marv Levy has screwed up the Bills in his flash-in-the-pan return a couple of seasons ago, I still have to go with the standard "character guy" over a Michael Vick. Yes, he served his debt to society and blah blah blah. That's all well and good. But I have a hard time remembering when any true hero went to jail for killing animals, and I have a hard time thinking of him leading anything after that debacle.

In the bigger picture, if the Bills were to sign Vick a year removed from having signed another NFL media magnet in TO, Russ "Barnum & Bailey" Brandon will look as though he is more interested in reaching for gate attractions that subscribing to a PLAN on how to BUILD the Bills into a winning team.

How, with the current clowns in the front office, could any free agent signing be seriously considered an improvement over anything?

What exactly is the plan at OBD? Modrak and Guy have had close to 10 years to prove themselves. What do we have to show for it? An undersized, but competitive defense. Arguably the best punter in the league. And an offense that can't get a first down. These aren't new problems. They have been ongoing for atleast 5 seasons now.

And now, Vick is supposedly the cure to what ails the team? I'm sorry, but wasn't Owens looked at in the same light this past offseason? I know I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

No, this team first of all needs a real GM and a better pro personnel department and college scouting staff. I think Nix coming back to the Bills will be an improvement this year. But Modrak and Guy need to go. Then, the real, proven, football GM can sign a real coach. Then said coach can, with said GM, sit down and review the roster.

Once the roster has been scoured and the needs have been determined, then, and only then, should any free agent be pursued or rookie drafted.

I mean, you put the sweetest frosting on a turd, but a turd it still will be.

Fire Modrak and Guy!

Good post :lol:

Russ Brandon also, just for pretending he knew anything about being a GM for a team in the NFL.

I agree with respect to paying his debt.

Is he an upgrade over Edwards and Fitz? Yes.

A big upgrade? No. More of a running threat than a passing threat.

Is he going to take the Bills to the playoffs? No.

You sir have summed it up nicely. He's more established than any QB on the roster now, but he could never actually play QB - he was more of a runner. Also, I don't think he'd do anything to end our ridiculously long streak of games without a 300 yeard passer.

Based on what? At his best, he isn't very accurate and he appears to have lost a step speed-wise. Lets draft someone who can play and not rush them back from concussions

I don't think adding Vick would preclude drafting a QB this year. We need a lot more competition at the position - I think that much is clear.

Nice spirit of forgiveness. I hope they nail you for whatever you have been doing wrong.

This is not personal. This is a business opinion. I think it is bad business for the NFL to allow felons back into the league to play football and continue to earn millions of dollars. I think it sends a horrible example out to all future and current NFL players. And again, I ask where can they draw the line?? Will it be with the psycho NFL diva who beats his girl friend to death, gets his high priced lawyer to reduce the charges to assault, serves his 3 and 1/2 years in prison, and then expects to be welcomed right back into the league?? Come on, you can see it happening, Vick murdered and tortured living beings. Believe me, human beings are next....oh wait, a human being has been killed by an NFL player - Donte Stallworth's victom. Oh but that guy walked right out in front of Stallworth, and Donte could not have avoided hitting him, right?? Yeah sure, tell that to any MAD mother today - Stallworth could not have avoided hitting that guy while he was well over the legal limit to drive a car, right????

"Spirit of Forgivness" is all well and good. Vick, Burress and Stallworth will and have served their time behind bars and certainly deserve the chance to earn a living. But I say make them work for their new job like any other convicted felon has to! And absolutely, the NFL should not allow them to play again in the NFL.

This is not personal. This is a business opinion. I think it is bad business for the NFL to allow felons back into the league to play football and continue to earn millions of dollars. I think it sends a horrible example out to all future and current NFL players. And again, I ask where can they draw the line?? Will it be with the psycho NFL diva who beats his girl friend to death, gets his high priced lawyer to reduce the charges to assault, serves his 3 and 1/2 years in prison, and then expects to be welcomed right back into the league?? Come on, you can see it happening, Vick murdered and tortured living beings. Believe me, human beings are next....oh wait, a human being has been killed by an NFL player - Donte Stallworth's victom. Oh but that guy walked right out in front of Stallworth, and Donte could not have avoided hitting him, right?? Yeah sure, tell that to any MAD mother today - Stallworth could not have avoided hitting that guy while he was well over the legal limit to drive a car, right????

"Spirit of Forgivness" is all well and good. Vick, Burress and Stallworth will and have served their time behind bars and certainly deserve the chance to earn a living. But I say make them work for their new job like any other convicted felon has to! And absolutely, the NFL should not allow them to play again in the NFL.

Actually, the surveillance video of the accident apparently showed the guy was crossing in the middle of the highway. The speculation is that this was presented as a mitigating circumstance and resulted in his short sentence.

So you think that Plaxico should be banned for life from the NFL too?

Actually, the surveillance video of the accident apparently showed the guy was crossing in the middle of the highway. The speculation is that this was presented as a mitigating circumstance and resulted in his short sentence.

So you think that Plaxico should be banned for life from the NFL too?

Yes, because Plaxico's high paid lawyers could not keep him out of prison. That's my take, if a player screws up badly enough to spend time in prison after his trial and after sentencing, then he should be banned from the NFL.

What do you think? Do you think that rule would help these young idiots from doing the stupid things they do off the field? I think it would. I think that if they had that rule written into their handbook, they might leave the unlicensed gun at home. They might call the limo service to pick them up. Or they might not have made the decision to kill dogs for fun.

Nobody knows for sure, but that's my opinion anyway.

How many people here use their cell phones while driving?....

...and run over mis-guided people walking across the middle of the road and kill them? Happens every day, right? Maybe that poor soul who died is the one that should have been prosecuted and convicted for walking right out in front of poor drunk Donte Stallworth. After all, it could have been any of us using our cell phones and running over that dumb guy.

Hey I know what we should do. Let's make jay-walking the felony. Yeah that's the ticket. Next time you or I are stupid enough to cross a road or highway outside the interesections, and get caught doing it, we should get thrown into federal prison for 10 years. At least that might cut down on drunk drivers or cell phone users killing us stupid jay walkers in the first place, right??????

When players start coming out (aka- Whitner and Jackson) stating that they'd like to have Michael Vick on the team, it isn't a good sign to the owner, coaches, GM, etc... The players are starting to sound like the fans calling into sports radio and that isn't a good sign for management.

I think people are reading to much into player comments...and the media does what it always does, over hype anything any player does or says...I haven't seen everything Whitner has said about Vick, but the little I did see seemed to be more Whitner saying "hey keep your chin up Vick, I believe in yea" then "hey Vick, I think TE sucks and we could really use yea here in Buffalo"...F. Jacksons comments were per norm for any player that isn't trying to start any controversy..."I mean anytime you add a playmaker like that to any roster it’s going to be a good add, but that’s not up to me. But I would definitely welcome him. He’s a playmaker and he can make plays for anybody." - F. Jackson...this quote doesn't say to me anyways that he wants Vick in Buffalo over Edwards...to fallow up on your statement here Major you have to see that Jacksons comments were asked by the media and Whitners comments were done on his own via twitter..so the only one of the 2 you listed that are even seeming like stating comments against the FO is Whitner...and we all know how his mouth can get him into trouble sometimes...but all in all I view these statements as harmless and not deviant in nature towards the FO or the other players on the team...but what do I know, I'm just a Bills fan, that alone shows I'm not to smart..lol

now to add to the drivel about Vick that has taken over the topic of this thread...I personally would not like to see Vick in Buffalo...It has nothing to do with his non-football life and all to do with his play on the field...I don't like how Vick plays the QB position and I feel he'd be way better on a team like Miami running the wildcat offense...

...and run over mis-guided people walking across the middle of the road and kill them? Happens every day, right? Maybe that poor soul who died is the one that should have been prosecuted and convicted for walking right out in front of poor drunk Donte Stallworth. After all, it could have been any of us using our cell phones and running over that dumb guy.

Hey I know what we should do. Let's make jay-walking the felony. Yeah that's the ticket. Next time you or I are stupid enough to cross a road or highway outside the interesections, and get caught doing it, we should get thrown into federal prison for 10 years. At least that might cut down on drunk drivers or cell phone users killing us stupid jay walkers in the first place, right??????

Yeah, it does.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/0502...ell_danger.html

Read up Johnny!

(I assume from your answer that you do indeed use your cell phone while you drive)

Sounds personal to me. Sorry you resent so much that these guys have skills that people will continue to pay to see, and you don't.

Business -wise, these things work out naturally. If the league saw a decline in revenue because they allow certain people to play, the economics of it will play out and those guys will be out.

I guess people WANT to see Vick and Plax play, and are willing to pay for it.

Now, go back to your paper route, sir. And stop watching football, this is the only legoit type of protest you have. As long as you keep watching.....

I agree with respect to paying his debt.

Is he an upgrade over Edwards and Fitz? Yes.

A big upgrade? No. More of a running threat than a passing threat.

Is he going to take the Bills to the playoffs? No.

So tired of people saying Vick has paid his debt to society :lol: He has paid his debt to our legal system indeed; however, in no stretch of the imagination has he paid his debt to society. 1st of all, he consistently asserted his innocence when he was caught and only admitted guilt and subsequently apologized until his diligent attornies explained to Mr. Vick that this was an indefensible case. That goes to show you how genuine his remorse really was and thus should be scrutinzed with suspicion for awhile.

Paying your debt to society is not just doing time after being convicted. It is showing society that not only are you remorseful but you have changed. This could be manifested by speaking on behalf of organizations created to end animal cruelty (which he has done on a few occassions already) and volunteering to help the fight. Nevertheless, he needs to show society that he is being genuine and not doing this merely for getting the media off his back. Thus, he needs to do this for awhile before society can trust that he is no longer a danger to our communities by replicating his previous sadistic actions. Would someone who robbed and battered a developmentally challenged person who was quite vulnerable and subsequently recieved and completed an 18 month sentence already served his debt to society? People would want to see over an extended period of time that the convict was truly contrite and has changed his ways. No doubt he is on the right track but lets see how long he sticks with his alleged allegiance to fighting the war on dog fighting before we proclaim his debt to our society as being truly served!

Yeah, it does.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/0502...ell_danger.html

Read up Johnny!

(I assume from your answer that you do indeed use your cell phone while you drive)

VJ91, where you at?

Have you turned yourself in to the police for past cell phone transgressions? Or are you trying to think of some way to convince the readers that idiotic cell phone transgressions that result in death, are somehow less of a crime than idiotic drunk driving transgressions that result in death?

Maybe you're berating your grandma, wife, daughter, and neighbor for getting behind the wheel of "a loaded gun" and risking the lives of their passengers and other drivers with their silly cell phone conversations?

(I'm sure they are saying "well EVERYONE does it").

At this point, Cell Phone Drivers are at least as much of a menace as Drunk Drivers, if only because they are so common. And I bet you (and many of the other "stone casters" on this board) can be counted among them.