Steeler Fans

bdelma

Steeler fans travel well and always support the team on the road (combo of transplants and travelers I'm sure).

I was surprised at how many had tickets to last night's game. Shame on the Denver folks who sold their tickets en masse.

Looks like the Charger fan base, when the hated raiders come to town. All the season ticket holders place ads in the paper unloading their seats.

Watching the game last nite and saw the terrible towel flying all over the end zones and lower seats. Are they transplants or do they travel to all the games. Great fans!

Indeed they do. They show up in large numbers for their road game in CIN (bonus for locals that choose to sell their season tickets).

The big deal is their road trip to CLE. When I lived in the Pgh area, that was an event. I've many a recollection of Pgh folks telling their funny stories about trips up there.

:worthy:

Watching the game last nite and saw the terrible towel flying all over the end zones and lower seats. Are they transplants or do they travel to all the games. Great fans!

I don't think it's possible to answer your question, but the Stillers travel well and there are many transplants. It's pretty much the same scenario as the Bills when they played Carolina. Go to just about any NFL city and you can find a Bills bar, same with Pittsburgh. Plus, it's not too difficult being great fans when all your team does is win...

I was surprised that it was Denver. Denver has great fans, not like Panther fans.

That's what I thought too, after last night though...black eye for bronc fans.

Maybe it's the economy, but you sell your seats to MNF when your team has 1 loss (maybe tons were sold prior to the season?) and you're playing the CHAMPS? That just shouldn't happen.

Any Bills fan who attempts to sell their tickets...that I understand.

That's what I thought too, after last night though...black eye for bronc fans.

Maybe it's the economy, but you sell your seats to MNF when your team has 1 loss (maybe tons were sold prior to the season?) and you're playing the CHAMPS? That just shouldn't happen.

Any Bills fan who attempts to sell their tickets...that I understand.

DEN has a waiting list for season tix, and individual tix are sold through ticketmaster, with their added charges.

Why go to a game when it's sold out, and on local tv and having to deal with all the obnoxious children of any age, who get drunk, barf, fight, never sit down, scream at you that it's their "right", and unleash a game-long stream of obscenities?

If I had tix, I'd sell'em in a heartbeat.

IMO, football is the only sport that's better viewed on tv.

JMO.

Indeed they do. They show up in large numbers for their road game in CIN (bonus for locals that choose to sell their season tickets).

The big deal is their road trip to CLE. When I lived in the Pgh area, that was an event. I've many a recollection of Pgh folks telling their funny stories about trips up there.

That really sucks. If I lived back in WNY and had season tickets I would never, ever, ever sell them to the fans of the visiting team. I would never need money that badly. Even if for some reason I wouldn't make the game I'd give them away to friends or family before selling them to the visiting fans. They can rot in a snow drift for all I care. :worthy: them!

That really sucks. If I lived back in WNY and had season tickets I would never, ever, ever sell them to the fans of the visiting team. I would never need money that badly. Even if for some reason I wouldn't make the game I'd give them away to friends or family before selling them to the visiting fans. They can rot in a snow drift for all I care. :worthy: them!

Since 1991, CIN had 8 losing streaks of 7 or more games, as of '08 were 101-186-1 over that period...71 of those wins were in the 2nd half of the season. Made the playoffs once in 18 years.

That doesn't really suck...selling tix to PGH fans is plain common sense.

Since 1991, CIN had 8 losing streaks of 7 or more games, as of '08 were 101-186-1 over that period...71 of those wins were in the 2nd half of the season. Made the playoffs once in 18 years.

That doesn't really suck...selling tix to PGH fans is plain common sense.

Nope. Telling a terrible towel waving !@#$head of a Steelers fan to go jump in the frozen lake head first and that I'd rather my seat went empty or gave it away to charity than sell it to you is commons sense. Here's the address to the local gay bar, watch it there, you'll feel more comfortable there anyway.

Nope. Telling a terrible towel waving !@#$head of a Steelers fan to go jump in the frozen lake head first and that I'd rather my seat went empty or gave it away to charity than sell it to you is commons sense. Here's the address to the local gay bar, watch it there, you'll feel more comfortable there anyway.

Soooo....you are calling me a faggot?

DEN has a waiting list for season tix, and individual tix are sold through ticketmaster, with their added charges.

Why go to a game when it's sold out, and on local tv and having to deal with all the obnoxious children of any age, who get drunk, barf, fight, never sit down, scream at you that it's their "right", and unleash a game-long stream of obscenities?

If I had tix, I'd sell'em in a heartbeat.

IMO, football is the only sport that's better viewed on tv.

JMO.

Have you ever been to a tailgate at a Bills' game? Though sometimes the game stinks, the fun before a game is outstanding. Joining friends and family beforehand at a Bills' tailgate, regardless of the weather, has been a whole lot of fun every time I go. And I always see something unique or different every time.

It's difficult to disagree with your second paragraph if that were true for me. I am a remote long-time season ticket holder and though I only attend a few games a year, I cannot remember the last time one of those things happened to me. And I sit in the lower level not the club seats.

That is easy for you to say, try sitting through 10yrs of rotten football where the last 2 or 3 homes games are usually glorified preseason games. I never sold my seasons tickets but the bills let season ticket holders buy extra tickets before they go public. I did not do it this year because quite frankly I thought the team was going to be pretty bad & there was really no marquee matchup to make alot of money but in years past I have done it & have pretty made enough money to cover the cost of my season tickets. Last year I bought 6 tickets to the Monday Night Cleveland game & the Jets Game. I paid I think $50 per seat & sold each of them for a $100 per ticket. So I made $600 which covered the cost of one of my season tickets(I have 2). The year before was the best though. Monday night Dallas game, bought 12 tickets for $50 each & sold them for $180 a piece. That year after the cost of my season tickets I actually made around $300. I was hoping the NE game for the opener was going to be played here for that reason. I think you would of seen those kind of prices again with it being on Monday night.

Have you ever been to a tailgate at a Bills' game? Though sometimes the game stinks, the fun before a game is outstanding. Joining friends and family beforehand at a Bills' tailgate, regardless of the weather, has been a whole lot of fun every time I go. And I always see something unique or different every time.

It's difficult to disagree with your second paragraph if that were true for me. I am a remote long-time season ticket holder and though I only attend a few games a year, I cannot remember the last time one of those things happened to me. And I sit in the lower level not the club seats.

Couldn't agree more! Especially a Monday night game against the defending SB champions. Where would you rather be???