ABC Apologizes

Thailog80

I don't know exactly when football became a "family" game. Who exactly are those Coors Football commercials geared towards? Who gives a darn about some old used to be half hot broad in a towel? Why are kids up at 9pm watching TV anyways? They should either be in bed or doing their homework. This crap is getting out of hand. No boobs, no violence, no women in towels, no swearing on TV. How un-American is that?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know exactly when football became a "family" game. Who exactly are those Coors Football commercials geared towards? Who gives a darn about some old used to be half hot broad in a towel? Why are kids up at 9pm watching TV anyways? They should either be in bed or doing their homework. This crap is getting out of hand. No boobs, no violence, no women in towels, no swearing on TV. How un-American is that?

120868[/snapback]

Yea but ninety percent of these panzy football players are gay,so that makes it American :doh::D

120868[/snapback]

6PM on the left coast ...... plenty early for kids/family ... and I don't think it was so much her in the towel, as when she dropped it and jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around TO

"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's 'MNF' opening segment and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC Sports said in a statement.

The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our 'Monday Night Football' audience."

Damn straight. I loathe naked blonde girls. How dare they?

120868[/snapback]

You know, I don't know ONE person that doesn't share this view in some respect. I don't know anyone who has said "The government really needs to watch what they put on TV, people shouldn't be able to watch that."

Yet... Um..

Oh well.

sometimes America looks like one crazy exotic country... the Janet Jackson incident was just plain funny showing how prudish main stream America is, but this one is just ridiculous , open your eyes! there's about one naked woman back a minute on MTV ! you really have a problem with nudity, sex and pleasures of life people! Is that why you are so violent?! Sometimes i wonder if America just need a collective therapy... or maybe a week or two of french TV ! (i can tell you french producers would not have cut at the waist line!)

sometimes America looks like one crazy exotic country... the Janet Jackson incident was just plain funny showing how prudish main stream America is, but this one is just ridiculous , open your eyes! there's about one naked woman back a minute on MTV !  you really have a problem with nudity, sex and pleasures of life people! Is that why you are so violent?! Sometimes i wonder if America just need a collective therapy... or maybe a week or two of french TV ! (i can tell you french producers would not have cut at the waist line!)

121195[/snapback]

French people should think pretty much everyone is violent, really.

Since we're painting with such a broad brush and all...

Sounds like ABC got exactly the reaction they were hoping for. It generated headlines and talk. The apologetic response was expected and written before the segment was even shown.

Desperate Housewives will have higher ratings for it's next show, so mission accomplished. Thanks for taking the bait.

There goes Long Island.

120679[/snapback]

Ill bet $1,000 my ""Long Island whore" is 50x what your scag is.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

sometimes America looks like one crazy exotic country... the Janet Jackson incident was just plain funny showing how prudish main stream America is, but this one is just ridiculous , open your eyes! there's about one naked woman back a minute on MTV !  you really have a problem with nudity, sex and pleasures of life people! Is that why you are so violent?! Sometimes i wonder if America just need a collective therapy... or maybe a week or two of french TV ! (i can tell you french producers would not have cut at the waist line!)

121195[/snapback]

Aw that's ok..

You think we are all prudish...we think you are all pussies.

121195[/snapback]

Yeah, well, France is weak and decadent, too. No thanks, Olivier. I don't want my country to be like yours.

121195[/snapback]

Yeah, and you French retards are about to name a street for Arafat. Shut the hell up Frenchy. America needs nothing French at all. Bunch of communist pansies.

French Consider Naming Streets for Arafat

not even close to knots landing, this desperate housewives show is VERY funny. a ton of dark humor, people need to watch it to realize it isn't your typical prime time soap opera!

Sure it is.  I liked it better when it was called Knots Landing.

120732[/snapback]