ESPN: Browns to contact Holmgren

bills44

Holmgren would certainly be an upgrade but he's probably overrated as a GM.

-Trading for Deion Branch

-Giving bad contracts to Burleson, Shawn Alexander

-1st Rounders like Chris McIntosh, Koren Robinson, Kelly Jennings, Jeremy Stevens, Marcus Tubbs

He does seem to be able to identify good quarterbacks though.

At least the Browns are being proactive. The Bills are still sitting in their hands doing nothing to show any fans that they are serious about improving this team next year. I've heard nothing from the front office or the owner other than more excuses.

Well, Holmgren has said recently that he would like to coach on the east coast.

I think that it would be fair to say that after the Zorn incident in Washington, that the Redskins are clearly out of the running so long as Cerrato is the GM and Snyder is the owner.

Cleveland could be a possibility, and I love the way that Lerner is being swift and decisive. He's not dawdling, he's not consulting some "brain trust". He is going out for proven NFL talent, and that is to be commended.

I wish the Bills would do the same. But I am concerned that Ralph does not see a problem with Modrak, Guy, or Brandon running the football operation. Clearly, the GM-by-committee does not work, and has done nothing for the Bills this decade. I would be completely renewed as a Bills fan if at some point this year, Ralph could see Modrak and Guy for the useless poison that they have been since brought in to the Bills organization. I would be floored if Ralph hired a real, proven, NFL GM to come in and fix the football product.

But there I go, dreaming again...

Holmgren would certainly be an upgrade but he's probably overrated as a GM.

-Trading for Deion Branch

-Giving bad contracts to Burleson, Shawn Alexander

-1st Rounders like Chris McIntosh, Koren Robinson, Kelly Jennings, Jeremy Stevens, Marcus Tubbs

He does seem to be able to identify good quarterbacks though.

Actually he was relieved of his gm duties in 02 so he didn't draft stevens, or tubbs and didn't sign burleson or alexander or trade for branch.

He did draft some pretty good players hutchinson, alexander, etc. He's a middle of the road GM but better than anything the Bills have had recently.

Here's my question: what established coach would want to work with our front office?

Exactly. The only HC job worse than being in Buffalo is Oakland. We will get an assistant coach for low money and some people will be saying "bring back Jauron." (It hurts me just thinking about that.)

Exactly. The only HC job worse than being in Buffalo is Oakland. We will get an assistant coach for low money and some people will be saying "bring back Jauron." (It hurts me just thinking about that.)

If you really think that, you've got other issues.