Enough with the 'bring in another vet' BS.

ICE

Understand this, If you draft a QB round one...you made a decision right then and there that this IS your franchise QB. Now if he isn't...well that is how GM's get canned.

so bottom line folks it's either Bledsoe or Losman. Funny how some are now whining 'bring in a vet so we can compete next year'. Uh No. I said it before, will do so many many times, We made the decision to draft a QB round one. You WILL suffer through at least one season of growing pains. there is no getting around it. rothlesburger is an Aberration. He is the most extreme other end of QB development. The thing for him is HE IS PLAYING!

This again is why I am saying, this season is done. No playoffs for us...so start JP's ass on Sunday AT HOME against the RAMS and let him get the 'pains' mostly out of the way now over the next 7 games. That is damn near 1/2 a season of development in a lost season. The longer we draw this out....the longer into NEXT YEAR this goes.

Understand this, If you draft a QB round one...you made a decision right then and there that this IS your franchise QB.  Now if he isn't...well that is how GM's get canned.

so bottom line folks it's either Bledsoe or Losman.  Funny how some are now whining 'bring in a vet so we can compete next year'.  Uh No.  I said it before, will do so many many times, We made the decision to draft a QB round one.  You WILL suffer through at least one season of growing pains. there is no getting around it.  rothlesburger is an Aberration. He is the most extreme other end of QB development. The thing for him is HE IS PLAYING!

This again is why I am saying, this season is done. No playoffs for us...so start JP's ass on Sunday AT HOME against the RAMS and let him get the 'pains' mostly out of the way now over the next 7 games. That is damn near 1/2 a season of development in a lost season. The longer we draw this out....the longer into NEXT YEAR this goes.

120608[/snapback]

Sweet. Could you start another thread at least five more times this week on THIS subject? It just gets more refreshing each time.

Sweet.  Could you start another thread at least five more times this week on THIS subject?  It just gets more refreshing each time.

120611[/snapback]

New subject predicated by the sudden emergance of 'Bring in a vet' type posts.

There is no way I want to live through another Flutie exercise. We need to make the switch to Losman and see if it works. We have to accept that it is going to take a few years to do it. I don't mean we should keep starting Bedsore, but we can't expect Losman to be this miracle cure.

We should start him soon so he starts getting the practice.

The way I see it, Bledsoe was just another Flutie, a short term solution. We need a franchise QB, not a veteran to come in and play average football.

There is no way I want to live through another Flutie exercise.  We need to make the switch to Losman and see if it works.  We have to accept that it is going to take a few years to do it.  I don't mean we should keep starting Bedsore, but we can't expect Losman to be this miracle cure. 

We should start him soon so he starts getting the practice.

The way I see it, Bledsoe was just another Flutie, a short term solution.  We need a franchise QB, not a veteran to come in and play average football.

120642[/snapback]

Flutie won a few more games than Drew. :unsure:

How about if we bring in a vet to euthenize Drew?

:huh:

120619[/snapback]

Absolutely!!! Well get him 2 good TE's, a few good OL...maybe sprinkle in another WR or 2...get an assistant to the assistant of the QB coach...and make sure to get Drew about 6 seconds a snap...Bills can win it all!!! :unsure::blink:

I'm not saying Flutie wasn't good, he was great to watch, but, he was not the answer to our problems. He was a very short term solution to our franchise QB problem. RJ was a bad choice for a franchise QB. When he wouldn't even buy his own property in Buffalo, I knew he was an !@#$. Bledsoe was the same as Flutie, a short term solution. We need to move on to the future, Losman may be it, he may not, but we have to give it a try and see. A veteran QB next season just puts us back in the same position next year, needing to bite the bullet and start some young guy. Waiting until next year to start Losman makes no sense either, since the obvious is stareing at us...... Bedsore is done.

I'm not saying Flutie wasn't good, he was great to watch, but, he was not the answer to our problems.  He was a very short term solution to our franchise QB problem.  RJ was a bad choice for a franchise QB.  When he wouldn't even buy his own property in Buffalo, I knew he was an !@#$.  Bledsoe was the same as Flutie, a short term solution.  We need to move on to the future, Losman may be it, he may not, but we have to give it a try and see.  A veteran QB next season just puts us back in the same position next year, needing to bite the bullet and start some young guy.  Waiting until next year to start Losman makes no sense either, since the obvious is stareing at us......  Bedsore is done.

120654[/snapback]

A "short" term solution..... :unsure:

I agree with your post. A Vet sets us back. JP is the QB of the next few years...good or bad he's the QB for a while.

Guest Guesteroo
Sweet.  Could you start another thread at least five more times this week on THIS subject?  It just gets more refreshing each time.

120611[/snapback]

But it is true, regardless. There is no reason to delay his "growing pains" period. It will help us in the long run to have him "grow" now. And by the way, if we're using growth as an analogy. . . DB is a dwarf.

But it is true, regardless. There is no reason to delay his "growing pains" period. It will help us in the long run to have him "grow" now. And by the way, if we're using growth as an analogy. . . DB is a dwarf.

120666[/snapback]

Only mentally

Was last year Carson Palmers growing pains when he ssat all last year? Were growing pains with Kyle Boller last year when he played reasonably well before his injury or this year when his QB rating has been worse? Were Pennington's growing pains the first year when he sat, the second year when he sat or his throd year when he took the Jets to tje playoffs?

I donm't kmow where you found this "rule: about what it means when you draft a QB in the 1st round and some alleged schedule he must keep, but it seeems pretty far removed from reality.

I'll try to keep the operative rule here short for folks who are freaked by long posts.

Start Losman when he is ready, not a moment sooner, and not a moment later.

Do you disagree with this?

Actually....you finally ended your string of posts that I agree with...:unsure:

I absolutely think that we should bring in a veteran QB....just not a expensive one, not one to "play till JPL is ready", BUT it must be somebody that can actually keep the team afloat if JPL gets dinged up.....for a few games or so......

I mean....HOW BAD must Shane Mathews be to not come into a game where Drew Bledose doesn't throw for 100 yards and 4 int's?

Guest Guest_macdaddy_*

ice, I'm confused. Your profession of 10-6, 11-5 SuperBowl whatever...at the beginning of the season...

was that w/ Bledsoe or Losman??

Was last year Carson Palmers growing pains when he ssat all last year?  Were growing pains with Kyle Boller last year when he played reasonably well before his injury or this year when his QB rating has been worse? Were Pennington's growing pains the first year when he sat, the second year when he sat or his throd year when he took the Jets to tje playoffs?

I donm't kmow where you found this "rule: about what it means when you draft a QB in the 1st round and some alleged schedule he must keep, but it seeems pretty far removed from reality.

I'll try to keep the operative rule here short for folks who are freaked by long posts.

120685[/snapback]

The only logical choice. Yet, that doesn't stop those who'd like to see JP play no matter what. Losman didn't even get much action in the preseason either as most of it went to Travis Brown, IIRC.

Cras-h course? Maybe, but play him only when he's ready, mentally as well as physically. What we are more likely to see is him doing a few more mop ups before we see him start, but only the coaches and JP will know themselves when he's ready.

Was last year Carson Palmers growing pains when he ssat all last year?  Were growing pains with Kyle Boller last year when he played reasonably well before his injury or this year when his QB rating has been worse? Were Pennington's growing pains the first year when he sat, the second year when he sat or his throd year when he took the Jets to tje playoffs?

120685[/snapback]

No FFS and I will tell you for the 1000th time. You don't wait for 'when he is ready' You develop him to BE ready. By doing this you PLAY HIM. Again any member of this message board can watch all the film, attend all the meetings and even practice...but PLAYING in LIVE GAMES is the ONLY way to get 'ready'.

Reality FFS is you drafted him in the first round, you have clearly made him your 'franchise QB' by doing so. It is time to let him develop...ON THE FIELD. Now you can argue all you want, you are wrong plain and simple. you cannot validate JP sitting.

BTW...Carson palmer is getting his growing pains out of the way THIS year. You know the year he is PLAYING. Cinci screwed themselfs last year by sitting him. Boller BTW has NOW WR's. all they have are guys that should be #3's on any othe team. Tell me...how good would Boller be if the TO trade would have stood? JP has a probowler in Moulds something I bet Boller wishes he had. Pennington has had more than his share of growing pains. Again his development was retarded by SITTING. you say playoffs the year he finally played? Might have been Superbowl had they let him develop the year before.

The only logical choice. Yet, that doesn't stop those who'd like to see JP play no matter what.  Losman didn't even get much action in the preseason either as most of it went to Travis Brown, IIRC.

Cras-h course? Maybe, but play him only when he's ready, mentally as well as physically. What we are more likely to see is him doing a few more mop ups before we see him start, but only the coaches and JP will know themselves when he's ready.

120705[/snapback]

he gets 'ready, mentally as well as physically' by playing. BTW if you listen to his own words he says 1) the leg doesnt hurt. so he is ready physically. 2) the ONLY reason he wasn't prepared is they gave him zero notice about playing. Hell the staff had him out there in Sweats.

Playing is the only way.