Lee Evans

I always liked the guy until last year. But look at his stats. Nothing from about the 4th or 5th game in 2008, everyone said it was because he had no one on the other side to take pressure off the double teams. Now he has someone on the other side and still nothing much. So now the convenient excuse it TE, OL, DJ, AVP, Turk. Everyone is to blame but Lee? I just don't think so.

You must not be one of the many posters on this board who have the unfortunate task of actually attending the barf fests. According to them, we have WRs (namely T.O. and Evans) running around open on almost every play, yet the ball never gets delivered to them. The last time I checked, Lee Evans can't throw to Lee Evans. It wouldn't matter how many times he's getting open if the ball never flies his way...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans is a one trick pony WR. He has tremendous speed, but runs rounded routes. I can't ever remember him winning a 50/50 ball, and he is nothing more than a good #2 WR. Definitely overpayed.

He beat Darelle Reevis two years ago in NY. On the other hand he was beaten by DeAngelo Hall last year in Buffalo (maybe a bad call, since a tie goes to the receiver). He is actually a reliable receiver with superior ball skills. Has never played with a good quarterback.

I'll chime in. I've seen maybe 4 TE games in total - I don't have any of the premium pay services or a dish. However, the 1st two games this season were on my tv.

I read his eyeballs as clear as one of those McD tray placemats that kids color on. Ten minutes in, I find myself wondering... why this guy is staring hard at one receiver?

I'll also add I crabbed about in several posts, about that crap that DC Fewell pulled against TB, his non-stop blitzing in a done game, specifically Mitchell's obvious shot to Leftwichs' throat - and said it would come back to haunt. It did. Folks blame conditioning for all the D injuries - I blame Fewell for making them marked men. Every player watches films and knows intent to injure.

I agree, he often locks on to receivers. Your final argument though, is difficult to prove, haha, but its an interesting theory.

b/c he knows that the QB is the problem and can't substantiate a claim against that fact...

Well there is that... But I'm leaning on the, simon is argumentative by nature but doesn't back up his statements and enjoys ridiculing others because of some bizarre internet dominance he has.

Sometimes I wish that Lee Evans would go to a team with a more than capable QB, so that we can hear all of the, "nice job front office, for trading yet another talented player off this roster. :lol: " People around here whine too much about the players on this team that actually have talent and aren't able to utilize it. Maybe it's frustration, or maybe it's just stupidity...

If I had a minimum of 185K reliable, zero-risk annual income forever with 18.5 mill in reserve, my career is over and done with. Why would I risk having my bones, connective tissues, or worse, torn up and make me a cripple?

I would be happy to show up every year for one of those "Buy those season tix, fans!" promo campaigns, though, and walk around town spreading that gospel - comped, of course.

I'm guessing you were either bad at sports, or just on garbage teams growing up. I would risk my bones for the simple thrill and peace of mind, you know that thing called character, or maybe ego in your case. WTF you need bones for with all that money. I'll take money and at least a shot at glory any day.

I always liked the guy until last year. But look at his stats. Nothing from about the 4th or 5th game in 2008, everyone said it was because he had no one on the other side to take pressure off the double teams. Now he has someone on the other side and still nothing much. So now the convenient excuse it TE, OL, DJ, AVP, Turk. Everyone is to blame but Lee? I just don't think so.

Yeah.. How is that "someone on the other side" (A proven pro-bowl caliber WR) working out? Yeah, doesn't look like he has been able to accomplish much in this offense either...

GREAT argument... :lol:

I'm guessing you were either bad at sports, or just on garbage teams growing up. I would risk my bones for the simple thrill and peace of mind, you know that thing called character, or maybe ego in your case. WTF you need bones for with all that money. I'll take money and at least a shot at glory any day.

:lol:

Yeah.. How is that "someone on the other side" (A proven pro-bowl caliber WR) working out? Yeah, doesn't look like he has been able to accomplish much in this offense either...

GREAT argument... :lol:

The guy has made two good plays all year and if you count the last ten games of last year that number is still two. That's eighteen games and he matches the performance of a fourth or fifth round rookie and you guys are all crying poor Lee?!?! Gimme a break. 2005 to 2007 he was great with JP, TE and Holcomb all worthless QB's; all with bad offensive lines and all with poor game plans. But he made plays. What's changed? We still have worthless QBs, and a bad offensive line and poor offensive game plans. The fact is he signed a big fat contract and stopped playing. I am not making up his stats go look at them, they stink especially for the money he is now making. Give me Justin Jenkins at least he tries.

The guy has made two good plays all year and if you count the last ten games of last year that number is still two. That's eighteen games and he matches the performance of a fourth or fifth round rookie and you guys are all crying poor Lee?!?! Gimme a break. 2005 to 2007 he was great with JP, TE and Holcomb all worthless QB's; all with bad offensive lines and all with poor game plans. But he made plays. What's changed? We still have worthless QBs, and a bad offensive line and poor offensive game plans. The fact is he signed a big fat contract and stopped playing. I am not making up his stats go look at them, they stink especially for the money he is now making. Give me Justin Jenkins at least he tries.

Sorry, I just disagree with you here. I think that our offense is that much worse. NO ONE is making plays. For crying out loud, we didn't score a rushing touchdown or a touchdown from the redzone[/b] until week 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember anything like that....

Our offensive problems do not stem from Lee Evans... He has as many TD's as our all pro FA WR.

I've never made up anything on this board so f@(# you.

Not to mention that if you had the class to actually read other's posts before insulting them, you might have noticed where I've said multiple times that I don't like what I'm seeing from Edwards.

And as I've said before, if you look at this ridiculous offense and decide that the problem with it is the QB, then I don't know what you're watching. It's as inane as blaming a WR.

LOL...I love how you call him out with this yet you are notorious for doing this...

Sorry, I just disagree with you here. I think that our offense is that much worse. NO ONE is making plays. For crying out loud, we didn't score a rushing touchdown or a touchdown from the redzone[/b] until week 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember anything like that....

Our offensive problems do not stem from Lee Evans... He has as many TD's as our all pro FA WR.

The fact is this offense sucks so bad we could have Rice and Taylor and we would be saying the same thing about them.

Lee Evans is a one trick pony WR. He has tremendous speed, but runs rounded routes. I can't ever remember him winning a 50/50 ball, and he is nothing more than a good #2 WR. Definitely overpayed.

What he said. Jump ball? Never. Fight for a pass? Once. Stopping running his route when hearing the footsteps? All the time.

What he said. Jump ball? Never. Fight for a pass? Once. Stopping running his route when hearing the footsteps? All the time.

I can remember him fighting for a pass on the road against the jets when JP threw an interception bomb and it was mutually caught, Evans fought off the defender and sprinted into the endzone.

His contract provides 18.5 million, guaranteed. If he gets 1% on that with no compounding, with no touching of the principle - ever - he gets $185,000 annual pre-tax income.

I'd kick up my heels, get a hammock and enjoy...my career would consist of a heated/cooled house, a stocked icebox, a decent ride, and the more that adequate jingle in my pocket to travel and caberet. What a great life!

:cry:

$185,000??? LOL!! That is petty change for a woman of my stature.

I can remember him fighting for a pass on the road against the jets when JP threw an interception bomb and it was mutually caught, Evans fought off the defender and sprinted into the endzone.

oh ya, there was that one time. :cry:

What was he thinking? He'd probably be a superstar on ANY other team in the league. He got his money...but what a terrible career move. I'd feel bad for him except he's so filthy rich...I asked GOD for help for our Bills...no word back yet... :cry:

I guess he was thinking about all that money and that he might have a career ender injury the next week.

Same way you or I may have considered 18.5 million.

Bird in hand.