Trent Edwards v.s. Jay Cutler

PushthePile

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I erred. My bad Kyle Orton.. Grossman - Big diff - NOT

Have you forgotten that there was a big to doo involving both Orton and Grossman as to who deserved to be the Bears starter for at least 2 seasons ???

The result .... Neither of them won the job in Chicago.

(PushthePile @ Nov 5 2009, 10:15 AM)

Rex Grossman managed to ride a good team to a superbowl. He is above Edwards at this point.

Rob Johnson has a Super Bowl Ring with the Buc's. Is he better than Trent?

Have you forgotten that there was a big to doo involving both Orton and Grossman as to who deserved to be the Bears starter for at least 2 seasons ???

Rob Johnson? Did he even take a snap? Rex Grossman started every game of that postseason.

Rob Johnson? Did he even take a snap? Rex Grossman started every game of that postseason.

yeah, he did. i think brad johnson got hurt for a few games and johnson led, for the lack of a better word the bucs to a few low scoring games.

I would have to agree with Jim Kelly as he stated:

“If you look at the solid teams around the league, you’ll see that they are really established at the quarterback position,’’ Kelly said. “We are still a question mark.’’

And have been for quite some time.

YES he is.

And where is Rex now? Backup material.

there have been statement and agreements that Rex was pulled along by a great Chicago team to the SB.

And now he's a backup.

too many of you people praised Jay Cutler in Denver ... How's he doing there? --- he GOT the boot. AND the guy who replaced him has Denver 2 games up in the Win column!!

there have been statement and agreements that Rex was pulled along by a great Chicago team to the SB.

And now he's a backup.

too many of you people praised Jay Cutler in Denver ... How's he doing there? --- he GOT the boot. AND the guy who replaced him has Denver 2 games up in the Win column!!

Good example of the fast food mentality mentioned in the other thread...

Orton is a "winner" because his team is doing well after 7 games. Grossman was carried to the big game. Not coincidentally one of these is fresher in your mind because it's more recent. Is it a team sport or not? Let me know how Orton is doing three years from now.

I don't think so. For the inexperience of the Bills line, the Bears line is not leaps and bounds better. The Bears have also played 1 less game.

The Bills total of 56 man games for (LG,C,RG) compared to the Bears 422 man games is huge, and I have to believe the Bears tackles have more games played than do the Bills tackles. The sacks and hits numbers should drastically be in favor of the Bears and they are not.

Sacks

Bills 21 or 2.62 per game in 8 games played

Bears 11 or 1.57 per game in 7 games played

QB Hits

Bills 54 or 6.75 per game in 8 games played

Bears 30 or 4.28 per game in 7 games played

Edwards/Fitzy are sacked 1.1 more times per game and are hit about 2.5 times more per game than Cutler, not much of a difference over the course of a 60 minute game. I would not call that "a much better offensive line". Due to their extreme inexperience, I think they stack up quite well compared to the Bears oline.

You could also say the Bills O-Line gives up 40% more sacks than Chicago's and 37% more hits on the QB. You need to remember that our time of possession and total offensive snaps are much lower than league average which only makes these stats worse. When you have 15-20 pass attempts per game and you're getting hit/sacked 6 or 7 times you aren't going to have an effective QB. Tent is still a p*ssy and Fitz is garbage. Go Bills.

Edwards sucks way more. I would take Cutler over Edwards 100% of the time.

Cutler has no receivers in Chicago and Trent has great ones. Imagine if the rolls were reversed Cutler would have monster numbers throwing to Evans and TO and Edwards would be worse if that's possible.

Cutler has a good OL and a good OC....The Bills don't especially at Tackles.

And now he's a backup.

I'm not advocating Rex Grossman as a good QB, so relax. I was simply stating that his career has been more of a success than Trent's to this point. Your comparison of what Rob Johnson did with the Bucs and what Rex did with Bears is hardly a comparison at all.