Marshawn Lynch

Pozitive51

Just like Peters didn't belong in the ProBowl? How is that working out? Name one offensive player on this team who is doing well this year. Why not trade Evans? What is he doing?

Personally I am tired of hearing about Peters. Dear lord, the dude did not want to be in Buffalo. He made out like a bandit - more money and playing for a 1st place team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always liked Lynch. Still do.

But I question that carefree attitude during a horrible losing season when you are atleast a part of the reason the team is struggling so bad.

What is there to laugh about when you are 3-5, with no hope in sight?

Ultimately, I agree with you. Jauron sets the tone and the whole "winning is hard" thing sounds pathetic. I never heard any of the NFL Hall of Famers talk like this. Or any winning franchise, for that matter.

My greatest fear is that the Bills will make Jauron the sole scape goat of this debacle, and he will be the sole departure. Brandon really hung him out to dry after the Cleveland loss, as if he was not responsible for selecting alot of the players currently on this roster. Modrak and Guy have also had too much of a free pass to escape this time.

With Gruden at head coach, I don't think Lynch would have much to be laughing about on the sideline.

Look at Owens. I think he is being quiet and a good soldier for us because he knows he only signed a 1 year deal, and after this year he is gone. But he gets extremely frustrated when he makes a mistake. He carries himself a certain way on the field- something foreign to this Bills roster. Call it pride, or pedigree, or ego...but Owens carries himself like a professional

And I don't remember seeing him laughing after a loss.

Funniest postgame comment yet.

Just like Peters didn't belong in the ProBowl? How is that working out? Name one offensive player on this team who is doing well this year. Why not trade Evans? What is he doing?

Let's put all the rhetoric aside.

Lynch has no quick change of gears, no field vision, and no cut-back ability!

He's a one-dimensional back who can run through a couple of tacklers only after he's gained a head of steam. That's it.

His patented "stop-for-1.5-seconds-with-his-legs-2-feet-apart", then attempt to juke the oncoming assault, ain't working. I could make a whole highlight reel of him getting tackled at or behind the computer-generated blue line of scrimmage.

He gets an occasional breakout to bring his overall yards per rush average to 3.1. Not exactly probowl numbers.

You can blame the rest of the offense, but why then does his backup have nearly a 1 yard greater yard per carry average?

The real measure of his worth would be in trade value. I'd like to see the Bills explore that avenue next spring. Do you honestly think anyone would give up even a late 1st rounder for him? I can't see it.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Did I miss something?????

Lynch 9 carries for 43 yards rushing, almost 5yds per carry

Jackson 9 carries for 28 yards rushing, just over 3yds per carry

I don't know why we didn't use him MORE!!!!

Get the facts before you run a guy down!!!!

Convenient how this post gets completely ignored by the masses.

It wasn't even close yesterday, Lynch was easily the better back.

This is awfully poor timing for a "Trade Lynch" thread.

He really looked bad today....

1) Danced instead of turning up field to get a first down on 3rd and short in the first quater.

2) Missed the screen pass

3) Was laughing and having a good time on the sideline towards the end of the game.

Freddy is the better player, Lynch is a bum who is one bad decision away from getting suspended for a year. Get rid of him and get some extra picks for the new coaching staff.

If we had stuck with the run yesterday Marshawn would have had an huge day. He was averaging 4.8 YPC and he only got to touch the ball 9 times.

You are focusing on two plays, where as if we had given him more than 9 carries all game, he would have blown it up.

Everyone has to settle down about trying to ditch Marshawn. He has been a 1000 Yd rusher for the past two years, and we simply aren't giving him the ball. You can't get into a huge rhythm only getting 9 touches in a game.

This is awfully poor timing for a "Trade Lynch" thread.

If you're going to rebuild - why not trade if you can get something? In the case of Lynch though, I would agree to hold him. RB's hold little value unless they are of the all-world type. Lynch is a good workhorse, but I doubt he would fetch even a 3rd rounder before the draft.

If you're going to rebuild - why not trade if you can get something? In the case of Lynch though, I would agree to hold him. RB's hold little value unless they are of the all-world type. Lynch is a good workhorse, but I doubt he would fetch even a 3rd rounder before the draft.

I agree that--IF the team is willing to admit that they're nowhere near a contender and rebuild--it's okay to trade a guy from a position of strength. I just don't think that the OP's stance of "trade him because he's no good and the other guy's way better" is correct, and I especially think that basing such an opinion off of yesterday's game is totally unfounded.

That said, the biggest hit to Lynch's trade value is that he's one legal problem away from a 1-year suspension. His on-field ability and youth alone may net the team a 2nd rounder (let's not forget that he's only 24 years old), but a trade would clearly--in my mind--have to start out as a 3rd rounder that escalates to a 2nd based on him not getting in trouble.

However, I still think the team is better off moving forward with 2 solid backs and getting a better coaching staff that can find a real QB.

If we had stuck with the run yesterday Marshawn would have had an huge day. He was averaging 4.8 YPC and he only got to touch the ball 9 times.

You are focusing on two plays, where as if we had given him more than 9 carries all game, he would have blown it up.

Everyone has to settle down about trying to ditch Marshawn. He has been a 1000 Yd rusher for the past two years, and we simply aren't giving him the ball. You can't get into a huge rhythm only getting 9 touches in a game.

Trading/dumping him would of course be dumb.

He was a #1 pick - but jeeze - in how many games has he been the force that forged a victory?

A thousand yards is chump change in today's 16 game schedule.

I'm sorry - his career has been pretty pedestrian so far...nobody outside of BUF fans are clapping their hands in praise for the guy, or mentioning his name as one of the leagues' top runners.

But the point about trading him might still be a good idea......

It all depends on what we could get for him.......

I would love to trade him. He is a piece of ****.

We could use him to move up in the draft because you know were going to go 7-9 and have a 10 0r 11 pick.

1) Danced instead of turning up field to get a first down on 3rd and short in the first quater.

3) Was laughing and having a good time on the sideline towards the end of the game.

Freddy is the better player, Lynch is a bum who is one bad decision away from getting suspended for a year. Get rid of him and get some extra picks for the new coaching staff.

so going 9 rushes for 43 is a bad day????????? oh and that screen pass was a horribly thrown.

so going 9 rushes for 43 is a bad day????????? oh and that screen pass was a horribly thrown.

The team rushed 20 times - 13 in the 1st half. And that's just 7 rushes in the 2nd half, despite opening the half with a 10 - 6 lead.

Lynch was 6 for 33 with a 14 yard jaunt in the 1st half. He got 10 more yards on three carries after that.

I'm not tossing Lynch into the ditch - but that the coaching staff isn't using him more is telling - either about them or about Lynch - dunno which it is. :sick:

He really has yet to live up to his #1 pick billing. Personally, I think he's more "jive" than substance so far...

He's a one-dimensional back who can run through a couple of tacklers only after he's gained a head of steam. That's it.

His patented "stop-for-1.5-seconds-with-his-legs-2-feet-apart", then attempt to juke the oncoming assault, ain't working. I could make a whole highlight reel of him getting tackled at or behind the computer-generated blue line of scrimmage.

He gets an occasional breakout to bring his overall yards per rush average to 3.1. Not exactly probowl numbers.

You can blame the rest of the offense, but why then does his backup have nearly a 1 yard greater yard per carry average?

The real measure of his worth would be in trade value. I'd like to see the Bills explore that avenue next spring. Do you honestly think anyone would give up even a late 1st rounder for him? I can't see it.

:sick:

Personally, I am tired of his choppy, stop and go running style. No fluidity. Stops and allows

the tacklers to get to him.

Should we trade him? If we can get value (God I hate that term) then yes. Since he is a recent

1st round pick, I would want that in return, and even more. Would we get that? No way. Recent

history has shown that elite backs can be had for chump change. And I wouldn't term Lynch as an

elite back anyway.

I would much rather start Jackson and bring Lynch in as the change of pace, hard yardage guy.

:sick:

Personally, I am tired of his choppy, stop and go running style. No fluidity. Stops and allows

the tacklers to get to him.

Should we trade him? If we can get value (God I hate that term) then yes. Since he is a recent

1st round pick, I would want that in return, and even more. Would we get that? No way. Recent

history has shown that elite backs can be had for chump change. And I wouldn't term Lynch as an

elite back anyway.

I would much rather start Jackson and bring Lynch in as the change of pace, hard yardage guy.

Let's say you spend $1000 on lottery tickets. You scratch off the silvery stuff, and find that your total winnings are $400. At that point, you can either a) sell the lottery tickets to someone else for $400, or b) collect the $400 yourself. The $1000 you originally spent for the lottery tickets is a sunk cost that is irrelevant to the value of those lottery tickets.

The same goes for Lynch. His strengths and limitations are at least as obvious to NFL GMs as they are to the people on these boards. Hopefully there's a GM willing to give us fair value for Lynch in a trade. But in this case, fair value is based on the kind of player Lynch is, and has nothing to do with what we spent on draft picks to get him.

We can either keep Lynch (which helps us now) or trade him for a draft pick (helping us later). Personally, I'd prefer the latter route; as this team isn't going to achieve anything in the short-term, either with or without Lynch.

I wish this message board was around in the early 90's so we could have proof of the rediculous amount of people who thought the Bills would be better with Frank Reich and Kenneth Davis starting instead of Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. We worship those guys now but people who felt that way actually excisted back then. I'd be nieve to think that doesnt happen in every city but it seems like thats always been the case with Bills and Sabres Fans. whenever there is an outstanding or proven player in Buffalo there is an alarming amount of people who hate his guts, and if whoever is backing him up shows any promise, call for him to be traded or demoted to 2nd string.

By the way FJ didnt look to hot either with the expetion of the KR

:sick:Give him a pair of ballerina shoes after his performance today.

If you have a problem with 5yds/carry for Lynch yesterday you don't have a clue. If you still have a problem with it, be HONEST, what do you think of Jacksons 3.1yds/carry??? I will assume you won't answer because most people on internet forums don't have any integrity and can't be honest or god forbid admit they were actually wrong about something. Also please save any tired excuses of Jackson needs more touches to see what he can do. Both had 9. With the lack of holes BOTH RBs had I would say Lynch was wearing combat boots and Jackson the little pink booties.

Even if you think he could get more yards than he does I will take 4.5 - 5yds a carry ALL DAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAYS!!! People have balked at the statement before but a lot of Lions fans used to complain that Barry Sanders danced too much. All he did was get 1000yds a year and I would guess a pretty respectable number of yards per carry.

Everyone likes to use the offensive line as an excuse for whatever QB is behind center. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING HOW POOR LINE PLAY ALSO AFFECTS A RB!!! For those that think Lynch is too much of a dancer imagine him behind a good O-line that can blow open holes. Also go back and check out his probowl performance that you though he didn't deserve. He had the highest yds/carry of all of the AFC backs and I think ALL RBs in the probowl.

Personally I am tired of hearing about Peters. Dear lord, the dude did not want to be in Buffalo. He made out like a bandit - more money and playing for a 1st place team.

Ya some bandit. He actually got paid what he deserved. It's not robbery if you deserve the paycheck.

Ya good plan...

1) Let's keep the Kyle Williams, Keith Ellisons and Josh Reeds of the team.

2) After that get rid of anyone who has made a probowl because we know they suck even though fellow players, coaches and scouts think they are the best.

3) After we have gotten rid of any talent we have that is respected by other teams in the league we can get rid of any first round picks that are left because they are obviously all busts whether they have had time to develop or not.

Once those guys are off the team we can field an all scout, undrafted free agent, division III team and be glad that they are all happy to play and be in Buffalo, try hard and work almost literally for peanuts. Once we are laughed out of the NFL we join the new league and get beaten by the Las Vegas Locos.

Guest dog14787

The one play did piss me off because lynch had the first down easily and jooked sideways for no reason. :sick:

I had voted for them to split time originally, But Fred Jackson has a nose for extra yardage and turns right up the field and gets it every chance he gets.

Marshawns still a young pup though playing behind a horrible O-line, I'm not ready or willing to trade a very good RB.

We can debate value all day but if McGahee fetched us a 3rd rounder Lynch is EASILY worth an early second rounder or late first only because of the lack of value you get for trading RBs. Hell let's trade Schobel, Denney, Williams, Poz and a bunch of other solid if not stellar players. I would argue Lynch is better at his position than they are there's.

Let's get rid of them while we can get something for them.