Thank god the Bills took Maybin and not Cushing

Cru Jones

While I will refrain from saying "Maybin Sucks," I will echo those who think we should have made a different pick. I hated this pick from Day 1 and he is doing nothing to change my image of him. As for the line of thought that says a rookie DE can't make an impact -- see Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney or even Mario Williams (I know he didn't light things up in terms of sacks -- but he definitely looked like an NFL DE -- unlike our version.) Hell -- even Schobel had 6 sacks or so his rookie campaign.

Unless maybin adds substantial weight and strength in the off-season I think he will end up being a slightly more athletic version of Chris Kelsay -- oh boy!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if, what if, drop 4th quarter stats? :censored: off there are 4 quarters in the game dumb :censored: .

I'm into engineering OK any idiot can look at a house an see its falling down I am the guy that can figure out why.

and thats what I am trying to show you I guess its hard for some of you yo grasp actual facts and stats. I have a theory and proof to back it up what do you have other than elementary school type BS nana nana nana type BS.

I'm into engineering OK any idiot can look at a house an see its falling down I am the guy that can figure out why.

and thats what I am trying to show you I guess its hard for some of you yo grasp actual facts and stats. I have a theory and proof to back it up what do you have other than elementary school type BS nana nana nana type BS.

So you are "into" engineering, I guess that means you don't have a job in engineering?

Yeah but if them game ended after 3 quarters, we would kick ass. You should review your post before you call anyone stupid.

If our offense was better that would be our production if you reverse the math you will see that 15.5 is based on 4 quarters

24/3=8 games now you take the average points per quarter and multiply it by 4 qtrs.(hence 32) and you create the 4th quarter for this theory. So my games do have 4 quarters

If our offense was better that would be our production if you reverse the math you will see that 15.5 is based on 4 quarters

24/3=8 games now you take the average points per quarter and multiply it by 4 qtrs.(hence 32) and you create the 4th quarter for this theory. So my games do have 4 quarters

Yah because that's how it really works. :censored: I think I hear your mother calling.

Dude I am an IT guy working on 5 computers as we "speak". I have made more money during our "conversation" than you make in a week. Thanks for your concern though.

IT ain't sh!+ I have to know calc and physics I'll have a PHD when I'm done. LMAO. Drug dealers make more money than I do. They are real smart right. People that win the lottery have more money than me. Either way apparently you don't grasp what I'm saying so there is no point in talking to you. You better google a web site that will teach you to trash talk because your no match. Your moms calling me I better go to my bed and see what she wants.

IT ain't sh!+ I have to know calc and physics I'll have a PHD when I'm done. LMAO. Drug dealers make more money than I do. They are real smart right. People that win the lottery have more money than me. Either way apparently you don't grasp what I'm saying so there is no point in talking to you. You better google a web site that will teach you to trash talk because your no match. Your moms calling me I better go to my bed and see what she wants.

Ha ha , good luck in school, I own my own company in the real world. You have to know calc and physics, but you can't spell, good for you. :censored:

Actually Cushing has been doing it all year. He was up for Rookie of the week last week with 9 tackles, 2 fumbles and an INT against Cincy. He's 10th in the NFL in tackles and as stated during the game he's the ONLY defensive player to have a saftey, forced fumble, sack and int. I'd much rather have him than Maybin

Not to mention he's a STARTER on his team, not a backup.

Exactly! And well said... :censored:

2009 1st Round Drafted DEs

Tyson Jackson - Drafted #3: 5 Tackles 0 sacks

Aaron Maybin - Drafted #11: 6 Tackles 0 sacks

Brian Orakpo - Drafted #12: 22 Tackles 3.5 sacks

Robert Ayers - Drafted #18: 9 Tackles 0 Sacks

Ziggy Hood - Drafted #32: 1 Tackles - Sacks

2008 1st Round Drafted DEs Rookie Stats

Chris Long - Drafted #2: 40 Tackles 4 Sacks

Derrick Harvey - Drafted #8: 19 Tackles 3.5 sacks

Lawrence Jackson - Drafted #28: 29 Tackles 2 sacks

2007 1st Round Drafted DEs Rookie Stats

Gaines Adams - Drafted #4: 38 Tackles - 6 sacks

Jamaal Anderson - Drafted #8: 30 Tackles 0 sacks

Adam Carriker - Drafted #13: 30 Tackles 2 sacks

Jarvis Moss - Drafted #17: 12 Tackes 1 sack

Anthony Spencer - Drafted #26: 36 tackles 3 sacks

In the past three drafts, of 13 Defensive Ends taken in the first round, only 1... and probably Orakpo too, will have more than 4 sacks in their rookie season. Perhaps DE issues are better addressed through free agency than early draft picks. Meanwhile 8 or the 9 past defensive rookies of the year were linebackers.

Because the bills have no need for a solid tackling LB who makes plays. What the Bills defense needed was a DE who is: undersized, cant play LB, gets 10% of the defensive snaps, and runs 15 yards into the backfield before making a move towards the QB. Hindsight is 20/20 but how nice would it be to have a player with what Cushing brings to the table on this defense right now?

Another dumb the Bills should of, would of thread. :censored:

I know that these type of threads are not going to stop.....but I will keep trying to throw reason in when I can.......

- Linebackers come into the NFL more "NFL Ready" to play then linemen do.......both O and D linemen.....it has been proven time and time again that DE's need a year to really see what you have.......

- Combine this with the fact that Maybin is UNDERSIZED and a UNDERCLASSMAN

Then this is what you have......every other DE that was taken in this past draft was moved to a LB position (1st rounder except for one who is a huge DE) with the exception of Maybin and I think that most of them get more playing time then Maybin.

Maybin was a pick for the future........now if you want to make the arguement that we needed a immediate contributer then that might be a valid arguement.....one i still wouldnt agree with because the bills were not doing squat this year from day one.......so what if Maybin puts in weight.......gets in a NFL strength program.......and then ends up being more productive next year at his position then Cushing is at his position......then it was a GOOD investment.

Drafting 1st round linemen are investments for the future......Wood, Levitre, Maybin.....all investments for NEXT year.

You forget that Maybin put on 25# after the season ended last year. How much more weight do you think thid kid can "naturally" add?

You forget that Maybin put on 25# after the season ended last year. How much more weight do you think thid kid can "naturally" add?

Don't forget Cushing and other players have been part of their respective teams mix since week 1. Maybin seeing action is spotty at best.

Because the bills have no need for a solid tackling LB who makes plays. What the Bills defense needed was a DE who is: undersized, cant play LB, gets 10% of the defensive snaps, and runs 15 yards into the backfield before making a move towards the QB. Hindsight is 20/20 but how nice would it be to have a player with what Cushing brings to the table on this defense right now?

Thank God the Texans took Mario Williams a ineffective Defensive End instead of a play making Running back like Reggie Bush (Said by Texans fans Mario Williams rookie season). Now as much as I wanted the Bills to take Orakpo or Oher I just can't sit here and bash Maybin as a bust. Hell I came into this season thinking 2-4 sacks was what he would get. It takes time for a DE to mature (About 2 seasons to really see if he is a bust or not) so don't write off Maybin just yet give it time.

Yeah Cushing is going to be a solid OLB for the Texans and would look good in a Bills uni especially with the injuries to the LB's but don't write off the Maybin pick as a bust if in 2 seasons he is a 10 sack a year guy we won't be want Cushing at all. Its easier to find good OLB's for a 4-3 then it is to find pass rushing DE's for a 4-3.

Because the bills have no need for a solid tackling LB who makes plays. What the Bills defense needed was a DE who is: undersized, cant play LB, gets 10% of the defensive snaps, and runs 15 yards into the backfield before making a move towards the QB.

Whew - Amen brother. I rememeber a couple of years ago when we dodged the Ngata bullet and had Whitner fall in our lap....I don't know how much longer our luck will last....

Go look at defensive ends taken in the first round and look at their sack numbers their rookie year compared to their 2nd and 3rd year. I heard someone mentioned either last years or 2 years ago DE class combined for single diget sacks.

right on on word mario williams he was labeled a bust his first 2 years now look @ him!