Thank god the Bills took Maybin and not Cushing

Cru Jones

It absolutely is true.....you only have to look at the success rate of 1st round O and D linemen and compare it to the productivity of 1st round linebackers

I have, and the results are in....rookie OL perform better and earlier than rookie LBs. I did not bold DL.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Factoids:

-Cushing was available when we picked... so what, we needed Oher who has more worth to a team and his upside so far has been huge

-Maybin is not NFL ready and may never be. Just not strong enough. He should try to be a LB if he has no real chance to do anything as a DE

-Rookie DE need time to excel... rarely is that true. A bad rookie with upside gets 4-8 sacks for the season. Mabin will get 2-3 sacks at most, and is mathematically projected to a whopping ZERO sacks.

-His strength is no where near DE level. His size increase from the 230's to 250 for the combine is not real strength increase, but roid muscle. It helps for leverage, but not for strength. He's not showing leverage or strength. Getting "big" is not the same thing as getting strong. Strength training is at the 4-6 rep range, muscle growth is best at the 8-12 rep range.

Honestly though, he who cares as we have no identity on offense and our defense plays well without Maybin. I just more upset we aren't playing Ellis over Maybin and see what he has.

Maybin stinks

Let's revisit this next year at this time, it might be different,....but right now Maybin is a complete bust imo. I'm hoping it's because he's not as mature as those other guys. He's too much of a non-factor and a waste of a precious roster spot right now.

Is anyone else getting sick of these threads? Talk to me when these guys do something against another team, not our offense. When you watch these guys play other games you don't hear their names get called. Maybin would get three sacks against our O-Line.

Week six, defensive player of the week, this being week eight apparently he does this against other teams already

It absolutely is true.....you only have to look at the success rate of 1st round O and D linemen and compare it to the productivity of 1st round linebackers

Marv Levy, who are your best rookies? Marv, "last year's".......

Actually Cushing has been doing it all year. He was up for Rookie of the week last week with 9 tackles, 2 fumbles and an INT against Cincy. He's 10th in the NFL in tackles and as stated during the game he's the ONLY defensive player to have a saftey, forced fumble, sack and int. I'd much rather have him than Maybin

Not to mention he's a STARTER on his team, not a backup.

what he said. Cushing is the type of player the bills need to draft, but never do in the first round. we waste our early picks.

That is correct.

The funny thing is, if you look at Maybin's body langauage, he acts like he still thinks he's good!

He acts like he still thinks he is good, because he is good. The kid missed almost the entire training camp, and is locked to the bench because his coaches are too stupid and stubborn to let him play every down like Houston allows Cushing to play. Do you really think Cushing would make so many plays if his coaches only put him on the field about 10 to 15 plays a game??

I loved the one play Ryan Denny, our big tall slow DE that plays ahead of Maybin, made in today's game. Schaub dropped back and didn't see what he was looking for, so he ran back a few more steps. There was "big" Ryan Denny attempting to run him down. Schaub cut away from Denny, and instead of gracefully following him in the direction Schaub cut, Denny.......fell down. Yep. Our 8 year veteran DE, the one that is first on the field after Schobel and Kelsay. Just fell right down on his tall skinny butt. Now please tell me that you think Maybin would not have done better then that???

Maybin might over-persue some plays (who on Perry's defense doesn't?? ), and he obviously needs a lot of work "bull rushing" big tackles. But after watching Kelsay and Denny all these years, I love the kids pure speed. I predict he will be the most improved defensive player the second half of this lost season, if, and I mean if, Fewell lets him play.

no i think he has a point. this defense needs every down players who are big enough to stay in the game and make plays. not undersized weaklings like maybin. i don't know if this cushing is any good or not, but while we sit around here waiting for poz to break his arm again, other teams draft linebackers who can make plays. maybin was a classic bills "luxury pick" we couldn't afford...like mcgahee a few years ago.

OUR DEFENSE IS GOOD THEY ARE JUST ON THE FIELD TOO LONG

SEE EVERY GAME THEY PLAYED THIS SEASON INCLUDING TODAY @@ FOURTH QUARTER POINTS.

Look what they did to the Saints before they got worn down

The best i can do is eliminate the fourth qtr. take the other 3 for every game add them divide by 3= average points per qtr.(not including the fourth) multiply that by 32 and you get 15.5 points per game that's good for 4th in the NFL.

We are 3-1 in games that we score more than 10 points and the NE game was lost on a bad decision.

Only 3 other teams have held NO under 30 points.

we are 8th in comp.% and just to beat you to the punch we have the 10th most attempts against us we are 11th in yards a game 5th in passing TD's 1st in int's 7th in sacks now our run D is bad but I bet most of this is in 4th qtr play if some one wants to figure that out I'd love to know.

He acts like he still thinks he is good, because he is good. The kid missed almost the entire training camp, and is locked to the bench because his coaches are too stupid and stubborn to let him play every down like Houston allows Cushing to play. Do you really think Cushing would make so many plays if his coaches only put him on the field about 10 to 15 plays a game??

I loved the one play Ryan Denny, our big tall slow DE that plays ahead of Maybin, made in today's game. Schaub dropped back and didn't see what he was looking for, so he ran back a few more steps. There was "big" Ryan Denny attempting to run him down. Schaub cut away from Denny, and instead of gracefully following him in the direction Schaub cut, Denny.......fell down. Yep. Our 8 year veteran DE, the one that is first on the field after Schobel and Kelsay. Just fell right down on his tall skinny butt. Now please tell me that you think Maybin would not have done better then that???

Maybin might over-persue some plays (who on Perry's defense doesn't?? ), and he obviously needs a lot of work "bull rushing" big tackles. But after watching Kelsay and Denny all these years, I love the kids pure speed. I predict he will be the most improved defensive player the second half of this lost season, if, and I mean if, Fewell lets him play.

Kelsay has done pretty good this year but I don't feel like going through the stats again start doing your own home work and you'll realize just how unKnowledgible alor of the posters on this boaard are and I don't really thing it's that they are dumb just lazy and frustrated.

OUR DEFENSE IS GOOD THEY ARE JUST ON THE FIELD TOO LONG

SEE EVERY GAME THEY PLAYED THIS SEASON INCLUDING TODAY @@ FOURTH QUARTER POINTS.

Look what they did to the Saints before they got worn down

The best i can do is eliminate the fourth qtr. take the other 3 for every game add them divide by 3= average points per qtr.(not including the fourth) multiply that by 32 and you get 15.5 points per game that's good for 4th in the NFL.

We are 3-1 in games that we score more than 10 points and the NE game was lost on a bad decision.

Only 3 other teams have held NO under 30 points.

we are 8th in comp.% and just to beat you to the punch we have the 10th most attempts against us we are 11th in yards a game 5th in passing TD's 1st in int's 7th in sacks now our run D is bad but I bet most of this is in 4th qtr play if some one wants to figure that out I'd love to know.

Sure and if we had won every game last year, we would be Superbowl champs.

what he said. Cushing is the type of player the bills need to draft, but never do in the first round. we waste our early picks.

No we got one in the second round instead wait we got wood in the first so thats 2 and counting Levitre aint bad either

That doesn't even make sense why don't you retards prove me wrong its all right in front of you. You can't dispute it so you say something stupid instead you make me laugh idiot

That doesn't even make sense why don't you retards prove me wrong its all right in front of you. You can't dispute it so you say something stupid instead you make me laugh idiot

What if, what if, drop 4th quarter stats? :censored: off there are 4 quarters in the game dumb :censored: .

you haven't learnd what I say is based on fact I know my S#!+. Ulike you and your random out burst because you don't like what someone is saying. I am sorry for getting aggravated with you but if your gonna challenge me you better not come with out some facts and are only with an terrets like out-burst.

you haven't learnd what I say is based on fact I know my S#!+. Ulike you and your random out burst because you don't like what someone is saying. I am sorry for getting aggravated with you but if your gonna challenge me you better not come with out some facts and are only with an terrets like out-burst.

Are you drunk? or just stupid?

What if, what if, drop 4th quarter stats? :censored: off there are 4 quarters in the game dumb :censored: .

Dude I'm trying to show you that it is the offense that i making our defense spend to much time on the field there for they are worn out in the 4th quarter and I think I proved that but apparently you r too stupid to understand that now why don't you let your mommy have the computer back. and please if your not intelligent enuff to understand why I eliminated the foueth Quarter and what point I was trying to make the don't reply because your going to make yourself look really stupid or maybe you need to read all of the posts.

Dude I'm trying to show you that it is the offense that i making our defense spend to much time on the field there for they are worn out in the 4th quarter and I think I proved that but apparently you r too stupid to understand that now why don't you let your mommy have the computer back. and please if your not intelligent enuff to understand why I eliminated the foueth Quarter and what point I was trying to make the don't reply because your going to make yourself look really stupid or maybe you need to read all of the posts.

Yeah but if them game ended after 3 quarters, we would kick ass. You should review your post before you call anyone stupid.