Why is Everyone so Enamored with Texans?

53 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result of Sunday's game?

• Texans win in a blowout
    • Texans win a close one
    • Bills win a close one
    • Bills win in a blowout

I am in no way guaranteeing a Bills victory on Sunday, but I feel the Bills have a reasonable shot to win. I can't understand why everyone is hailing the Texans as such a great squad that we have no shot at beating. Now there's even rumors floating around that Houston sports talk radio is claiming they should sit Johnson out of this one just to be safe, because they clearly don't need him to beat Buffalo. Who the hell are these people? Honestly, the Texans were on the ropes just like us a few weeks ago before stringing together a couple of wins. They got beat up by the Jets at home, they lost to Jacksonville at home... they scraped by the winless Titans by a field goal. Is this team really that scary? I'm just not seeing it.

I pick the Bills to win a close one. Johnson's not at full speed this week with the knee injury and our secondary can handle the rest of their guys. That means we'll be able to throw 8 in the box from time to time to keep Slaton in check. I think Fitz does enough to get us another win, being aided by a solid game from Lynch and Jackson. Buffalo 20 Texans 16.

I am in no way guaranteeing a Bills victory on Sunday, but I feel the Bills have a reasonable shot to win. I can't understand why everyone is hailing the Texans as such a great squad that we have no shot at beating. Now there's even rumors floating around that Houston sports talk radio is claiming they should sit Johnson out of this one just to be safe, because they clearly don't need him to beat Buffalo. Who the hell are these people? Honestly, the Texans were on the ropes just like us a few weeks ago before stringing together a couple of wins. They got beat up by the Jets at home, they lost to Jacksonville at home... they scraped by the winless Titans by a field goal. Is this team really that scary? I'm just not seeing it.

I wouldn't get too offended by some comment from the local sports radio.

Houston has a pretty good offense so it'll take a good effort for the Bills to keep them in check. It may come as a surprise to some that Shaub leads the NFL in passing yards; averaging just under 300 per game.

I jumped over to the Texans official message board and most of the guys contributing to the prediction thread have us losing by anywhere from 7 to 14 points, some even 21 or more. I think that is unlikely since road blowouts are rare in the NFL. There were a couple of guys saying that AJ should sit out cause he won't be needed. Let's hope they are in for a rude awakening!

That being said I do believe the Texans are a pretty decent football team, really talented at the skill positions. To win, our O-line is going to have to step up and protect Fitzy better. They still look pretty bad at times, but seem to be better off since we scrapped the no-huddle.

I see the Texans playing us defensively much like Caroline did. Stack the box to stop Lynch and Freddy, and force us to try and beat them through the air. Evans and Fitzy seem to be on the same page with each other, if TO gets with the program this week (and stops dropping passes) than look out. We could (gulp!) have a decent day offensively. If we do that, our defense has been playing well enough for us to win. I was really encouraged that we held the Panthers to 110 yards rushing after bleeding like a civ in the Meadowlands (I was there, it was even uglier in person).

And of course, if there are no really major in-game decisions to be made on the sidelines that would help. I have nothing personal against DJ, but he is the worst game manager I've ever seen.

Either way I think we have a shot in this one. I will be traveling to the Ralph from Jersey and it's pretty cool that this game at least feels like it sort of "counts" at this point. We'll see, we could lay an egg like we did against Cleveland and it will be all for not.

Go Bills!

Go Bills!

Nice contribution Jay, thanks for participating in my thread. As I said, I'm not guaranteeing a Bills win, but there are many on this board, the Texans board, and in the media, who seem as though the Texans don't even have to show up for this one to win. I just don't get that mentality. They're decent... they've not shown that they're world beaters.

Think the Bills have a shot at winning, wish the game was played today because of the high winds which would effect the passing game.

But the Bills strength is the secondary. If they can control Daniels and Johnson they should be ok because I don't think Slanton will hurt us to bad.

Bills 20 Texans 17.

I just don't get that mentality. They're decent... they've not shown that they're world beaters.

Man, I hear you. People just don't get it, but "Any Given Sunday" is a cliche for a reason.

Try growing up in MA around Pats fans/media. They act like the Patsies don't even have to show up Sundays. All of their game day predictions are blowouts, even when they are playing decent teams. Then they are so shocked when they lose, they don't even know how to take it. I was so upset that I was deployed during the 18-0 Super Bowl, would've loved to witness that gift of humble pie!

Now that I live in Jersey, Jets fans are just as comical. They were pounding their chests at 3-0, and I thought that was so funny. The season is so far from over, as we unfortunately learned last year.

Either way I am excited for this game. If we win and Fitzy plays well, the O-line progresses, and TO finally comes out of hiding than there is reason to at least look forward to the rest of the season. 4-4 at the bye with 3 straight wins and it's a whole new season...we'll see!!!

The Texans have a very good balanced offense. They score a lot of points. That's why some are enamored with them. On the other side, their D is not so good.

I picked the Bills to beat the Jets a few weeks ago and also picked them to beat Carolina last week.

The Texans have been playing well riding a two game win streak. Defense is starting to pick it up and Schaub has been solid. This game is going to be close, but I gotta go with the Bills. We will continue to struggle to run the ball, but with a few weeks of practice under his belt, Fitz will open it up with the receivers and create some havoc and TD's (I believe TO will find the endzone for at least one TD). Our secondary will continue to rise to the occasion and Byrd will add another pick to his tally.

BILLS 27

texans 24

GO BILLS!

I pick the Bills to win a close one. Johnson's not at full speed this week with the knee injury and our secondary can handle the rest of their guys. That means we'll be able to throw 8 in the box from time to time to keep Slaton in check. I think Fitz does enough to get us another win, being aided by a solid game from Lynch and Jackson. Buffalo 20 Texans 16.

McGhee wont be full speed either. Do these offset?

Any given Sunday